What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rosin & Oils, which vape to buy?

GreenMagic3

Please recommend me what to buy!

I bought the PCKT2 as my first vape and I have concluded I literally like everything, except the most important part: the drawing power capacity… I’m only able to get small draws and this is starting to get frustrating.

The PCKT2 is perfect for outdoor activity’s with family or other situations where you don’t wan’t to get too high but now I am missing the part that I actually love, getting REALLY high :).

I am looking to buy 1 portable vape and 1 desktop vape that can vape rosin and oils, and also give me the ability to take bigger hits.

Please let me know which product you are using and why!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The Rokin Stinger is a nice new Electric Dabstraw... 1100mah battery super long lasting... Havent tried sinking into straight into a 1g chunk to see how big of a hit i can do but its been powerful enough to take lung busters.
1RokinStingerElectronicDabStrawColors_7d0abc0c-fc25-42f2-8472-3975a99ae585_500x500.png?v=16275...png

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
They need to develop those device with a min 3000 mAh battery, because of the Amps we are pulling using the device! 660 mAh on the PCKT2, no wonder you thought your vape was anemic.

GreenMagic3

The Rokin Stinger is a nice new Electric Dabstraw... 1100mah battery super long lasting... Havent tried sinking into straight into a 1g chunk to see how big of a hit i can do but its been powerful enough to take lung busters.

Thanks! Definitely seems legit. I got this one saved 🙌

I ordered the DrDabber switch today and will wait a couple months before my next vape investment.

GreenMagic3

They need to develop those device with a min 3000 mAh battery, because of the Amps we are pulling using the device! 660 mAh on the PCKT2, no wonder you thought your vape was anemic.

Lol… 100%!!!

I hope all the vaping options become more easy to understand for a beginner in the future. I saw the PCKT2 coming on top from a couple reliable sources. But now I know I need more mAh!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Lol… 100%!!!

I hope all the vaping options become more easy to understand for a beginner in the future. I saw the PCKT2 coming on top from a couple reliable sources. But now I know I need more mAh!

All is well good buddy :huggy: It does help being a vaper since 2010 and an ecig vendor equipped with a battery analyzer to boot. FWIW, @ 660 mAh = 0.6A current being applied, to heat shit at 400-500 deg, sustained. You are asking alot of that little f....er. :tiphat:

PS: If it makes you feel better, I bought a POS for stealth vaping in public. All you needed was pretend to cough in a closed hand. Marketing is everything LOL

goingrey

All is well good buddy :huggy: It does help being a vaper since 2010 and an ecig vendor equipped with a battery analyzer to boot. FWIW, @ 660 mAh = 0.6A current being applied, to heat shit at 400-500 deg, sustained. You are asking alot of that little f....er. :tiphat:

PS: If it makes you feel better, I bought a POS for stealth vaping in public. All you needed was pretend to cough in a closed hand. Marketing is everything LOL

I don't think that's quite correct.

Ampere hours is the amount of charge a battery has. Surely any amperage can be drawn from any mAh battery. The more (milli-) ampere hours the battery has, the longer it will just last before it needs a recharge.

Of course the more powerful a device is the more likely it is to be specced with a higher capacity battery. Just for practical reasons - you need to get a a good few tokes out of a single charge from the battery or you might as well just buy the plug-in kind. But there is absolutely no guarantee of that.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
1000mAh battery as 1A for 1 hour. You do the math!!!

I should have used the "load" vice the "draw." Any battery under a 1000 mAh is no good for any cannabis application and, Li Ion vs LiPo, as the lithium ion is replaceable. LiPos are not! When that happens, you need a new PV vice a new battery. Time to educate yourself :tiphat:

GreenMagic3

Of course the more powerful a device is the more likely it is to be specced with a higher capacity battery. Just for practical reasons - you need to get a a good few tokes out of a single charge from the battery or you might as well just buy the plug-in kind. But there is absolutely no guarantee of that.

But even when I take 10 hits I am barely achieving anything.

I make the oil out of my own pressed rosin and so far the consistency has been that thick, that the PCKT2 has not been able to vaporise the concentrate.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
But even when I take 10 hits I am barely achieving anything.

I make the oil out of my own pressed rosin and so far the consistency has been that thick, that the PCKT2 has not been able to vaporise the concentrate.

What are you diluting it with? For every gram, you have to use 2ml of a dilutant, Propylene Glycol (PG) or Vegetable Glycerin (VG)is fine for that. It is what is in ecig. If that ratio is still not good, up it to 3ml/g and so on. I prefer PG.

GreenMagic3

What are you diluting it with? For every gram, you have to use 2ml of a dilutant, Propylene Glycol (PG) or Vegetable Glycerin (VG)is fine for that. It is what is in ecig. If that ratio is still not good, up it to 3ml/g and so on. I prefer PG.

Online there are many examples that say it should be possible to use pure rosin and get it in a vaporisable form. But that has been very difficult to achieve, if heated in the oven I can get a couple hits and when cooled down (30-60 seconds), the concentrate is too thick and wasted…

I want to dilute my product as least as possible. So far tried 1/1 rosin to PG and VG and only Rosin that has been on different temperatures for 36 hours.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You can use straight rosin in an open coil type vaporizer e.g the coil is exposed, you simply drop it on it, put the tip (mouthpiece) on and your good to go. If you are using a cartridge it has to be diluted a minimum of 2ml/g and I have had to use up to 3ml/g.

GreenMagic3

You can use straight rosin in an open coil type vaporizer e.g the coil is exposed, you simply drop it on it, put the tip (mouthpiece) on and your good to go. If you are using a cartridge it has to be diluted a minimum of 2ml/g and I have had to use up to 3ml/g.

From what I learned it should be possible to thin the rosin through heating on low temps. But as said before, I failed trying and probably need fresh, top quality buds which I can’t get for an acceptable price.

https://youtu.be/9vP1prZTk64

Im only allowed in headshops. Never been inside a dispensary as im not allowed a medical card because of my medical condition.shcizophrenia.same thing with guns not allowed to own even though im not a felon.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Even in the video the liquid is a little on the thick side. What folks need to understand, and sorry to say, fail to do so is... not everything is created equal. In this case the cartridge. What are the size of the holes going to the atomizing coil? Yes it makes a difference.

There is so much things happening, most was covered here wrt the possible culprit.

Let me tell you a story about a man name Jed, poor pioneer... wrong story.

The delta between PG and VG, strictly ecig talking here. The original design of ecigs employed PG. Some folks are allergic to PG, although the FDA claims PG is GRAS (generally regarded as safe). You can google the "safety" of PG, which will provide you the aforementioned answer. OTOH google... side effects of PG and, that brings up a whole slew of things.

VG entered the market... PG has a viscosity similar to water 1 while VG has a viscosity of 1.2, or 20% thicker, but it doesn't end there. FWIW VG is a skin moisturizer. VG carrying capacity is not the same as PG. In other words, it doesn't properly suspend flavour particles in the liquid, homogeneously. Because of this caveat, a vaper would be vaping along and wasn't getting any flavour, although there was still plenty of liquid in his/her atty (we were "dripping" back in those days). It surprise me even to this day where folks never heard of "dipping" but, that another story. So you had to blow out your atty in a tissue. I used to call that "spent liquid". It had done its job. This doesn't happen with PG.

So my customers use to say my atomisers where the shit and, only lasted 2-3 days. I used to ask them what was the concentration of their liquids as, my atties/cartos etc lasted me a week to 10 days. Folks used to spend $15 a day for a pack of smokes and get their nickers in a twist if they had to spend $2.50 for another atty, even once a week LOL and forget using any combination PG/VG ratio above 20% in cartos. Most were vaping 50/50 because it created ginormous clouds of vapour. What? What was the fascination with C of V. I even had a customer vape naked in front of a mirror after a shower. Why? Did you ever stand naked in front of the mirror and watch your exhale using a cigarette? No! Well why?

Those clouds were called beach balls and, were the preamble to banning vaping in public, amongst other things but, customers in restaurants weren't to keen eating with all be beach balls floating around. This trend started in California, especially in the Filipino communities. I am not trying to label anyone here in these days of "wokeness", it was/is a fact Jack. I have always vaped everywhere I go. Why? I am stealthy and no one knows the difference, including cannabis, when the wife is driving (not in the car mind you. I'll use the washroom or go outside of the venue for that.

So cutting this story short, in order to have a decent vape with the majority of atties/cartos etc... a mixture of 80/20 at the most 70/30 should be used, for a trouble free vaping experience. This was discussed ad nauseum on vaping forums in the day.

I went a step further... I diluted all my VG by 20% with distilled H2O which rendered VG close to 1. Close enough for the girls I go out with. It the beginning folks were skeptical, nothing wrong with that. They said (in the beginning) water will create steam and, I used to say what are the clouds of vapour you are blowing out made of? Smoke? Even straight PG was producing steam, and what is steam? Water vapour! I became accepted and many followed suit at the time. An old fashion cannabis vaporizer is the "Jamaican steam pipe" Why it was called that is beyond me, but it is what it is. They weren't combusting they were using heat to vaporize the volatiles in cannabis, but was going through water, just like a bong on the inhale. These days we use current vice charcoal in dry herb vaporizers.

I watched your video and the sample he was using to make such video contained a fair amount of wax. Some plants produce more than others. Is what he was doing known as "winterizing" I don't know as I haven't dealt with that. Nonetheless, It looks waxy. I had that happen with my Ww that i made rosin out of, while my Bk done at the same time didn't contain any wax.

Another thing I noticed is that he had a "cannula" attached to his syringe, which was a dead give away. Most ecig liquids only required an 18g blunt needle to suck up liquids etc... where you either heated your VG to thin it out, or dilute it, in order to being able to use an 18g needle, or spent an inordinate amount of time sucking up through an 18g needle.

As seen in this discussion the solution may not be simple. We covered the basics, there is a whole lot more I can add but, I'll refrain at this time... e.g the delta between boosting a current or suppressing a current, which affects what a battery will deliver, but more important, what effects suppressing current does to the longevity of the battery.

As I having nothing more to add, I am out of here :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hey Switcher56 whats the difference between a tobacco/ nicotine vape and a bud/ oil/ hash vape. Also what kinda vape would i need to smoke catridge oil from a dispensary?

I explained it above. Those that make cannabis oil vapes, do it IAW their cartridges, or else they wouldn't be in business very long. I haven't taken a cartridge apart to find out, nor am I interested in doing so. Furthermore... is the oil they are selling "vapable"? I use mari-pills (decarboxilated flower) in capsules and RSO (diluted with MCT oil) in capsules, the letter is NOT vapable. TBS I have made oil as described above.

I grow my own so I know what I am getting. It sure as hell beats the "tumble weed" available on the legal market here :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts