What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ron Paul Is In!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campfire

I'd vote Ron Paul. No politician is a savior but he's the only viable choice at the moment.

Hopefully he'd cave less than most after being in office for a while. I used to think when the old-fart Big Machine politicos died off things would start getting better, but apparently there's plenty of new-farts ready and eager to take over the Machine.

Wonder if Mark Kirk ("I want those those unamerican liberal mariHuana offenders caned to bloody gristle!") will decide to run??? Wouldn't that be special? We'll all be in prison, forced to watch endless reruns of the Lawrence Welk show 24/7 and kiss a wall-sized poster of a condescendingly smirking Bill O'Reilly every evening before lights out.

T

texsativa

Cannabis reform is #1 priority for me. Time to end the madness. Big government is out of line. Am pulling for Dr. Paul.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i don't think Ron Paul would survive long enough to do anything if he did win the presidency. he wants to stop all foreign aid and close most foreign military bases. just that alone will get him killed. let alone his stance on the fraudulent federal reserve. this too is enough. but i do believe he'd stick to his guns and do what he could as president. his 30 year voting record shows clearly that he always sticks to the constitution. he is one of a dieing breed of men that actually see public service as public service not a chance to get rich on bribes like most politicians do.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I don't think that, 1. either of them have much hope of getting the nomination,and 2.If they were, I don't think they could get elected. just my opinion.

I often wonder if Ron Paul has that attitude b/c he was an obgyn. Maybe he cares b/c he brought so many people into the world . . . .

RetroGrow

Veteran
i don't think Ron Paul would survive long enough to do anything if he did win the presidency. he wants to stop all foreign aid and close most foreign military bases. just that alone will get him killed. let alone his stance on the fraudulent federal reserve. this too is enough. but i do believe he'd stick to his guns and do what he could as president. his 30 year voting record shows clearly that he always sticks to the constitution. he is one of a dieing breed of men that actually see public service as public service not a chance to get rich on bribes like most politicians do.

Basically he would rock the boat, upset the powers that be, etc, however I don't believe "they" would kill him for that, as it would only open a gigantic can of worms. And if "they" did, he would become a martyr for the cause, which his son Rand would then take up with renewed enthusiasm and support. However, as he is not part of the machine, I do not believe he could possibly be elected.
The Obamacrite has a billion dollars to brainwash the droids.
Tough to fight that, but Dr. Paul would get my vote. At least by running, he gets some of the important issues out into the light, rather than having them stonewalled.

Koroz

He's crazy as shit on some idea's, but he has my vote. It's about time someone kicks some dirt up. Again, my only concern is that I vote for him, and then he changes overnight with the realization he has no power. If someone with Pauls Ideals gets into office, and with his conviction over the years in his voting habits only to see him changed I would have no choice left but to revolt or move out of the country. If he can't change it, then we are too far gone.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ron paul needs to run under the GOP its the only way to win...if all these bible belters had to choose between obama and ronpaul of course they would choose him....if he runs on a different platform hes just gonna steal votes from the GOP and obama will get re-elected...

RP has my vote for sure....either he or his son needs to get in power..

RetroGrow

Veteran
ron paul needs to run under the GOP its the only way to win...if all these bible belters had to choose between obama and ronpaul of course they would choose him....if he runs on a different platform hes just gonna steal votes from the GOP and obama will get re-elected...

How about a father-son team?
Ron & Rand?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

he is too logical for the GOP :D

RetroGrow

Veteran
It's scary how perverse our political system has become.
A poor man, like Abe Lincoln couldn't even run, let alone win.
An honest man couldn't win, because if he were truly honest, he would offend the sensibilities of the corporations who support him and keep him in power, while they are raping our lands.
Only the super rich are eligible, and only if they are sellouts!
The people don't seem outraged by it.
It's as if they've been anesthetized.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Not knowing or caring about the issues is what keeps us polarized. Only in America do we have the most access to information...

and the dumbest electorate.

G

grozzef

they have been anesthetized, fluoride and tv/movie mind control. why think for yourself when you can have the idiot box do it for you. also i'm surprised this thread hasn't been canned, feels like it's straying a little too far from the sandbox some of the people here have their head buried in.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I do like RP more then any other politician i know of. the trouble is, the hour is very late. the powers that be are heavily entrenched in the system and have made the whole system such that everyone has something to lose, if the gov. really started to live within their means. a huge portion of the people are dependent on one form of gov support or another, even in the business world, the military industrial complex employs millions, same with the banks, pharma giants insurance companies etc, they are all busy lobbying themselves sweet deals at the cost of the future tax payers. in the end the majority of the US population are dependent on government money in one way or another. so of course those people will have a hard time choosing a fiscally conservative leader who's telling them the party must stop. not just some "parties" like most are talking about, RP actually means all parties. so until people notice that they are literally on the brink, they will not be ready to stop the crazy borrowing to pay for yesterdays promises.

but should the US $ really lose it's status as the reserve currency, like a lot of alternative news is speculating about, the days of endless printing and borrowing would be over very quickly, which might really give folks a jolt of reality.

considering these things and all the rest, it's hard to be optimistic. specially when you read how Russia and China are already doing more and more business in Rubles and Yen. if at least the public was informed about this stuff, they'd be sure to take action, but with the media focusing on trivial crap (celebrity news) and plain ignoring inconvenient news or outright fibbing about world events. people will remain passive on the whole.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
they have been anesthetized, fluoride and tv/movie mind control. why think for yourself when you can have the idiot box do it for you. also i'm surprised this thread hasn't been canned, feels like it's straying a little too far from the sandbox some of the people here have their head buried in.

please don't mis interpret the closing of such threads as being about politics of one side or the other. these threads have a tendency to go wild which has made ic mag have a rule against any political threads. now while they are peaceful they soetimes run for a while and can be enjoyed as long as they last basically. but yes sooner or later it will possible end up in the bin. specially if things get heated. there are after all plenty of sites to talk politics.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
so until people notice that they are literally on the brink, they will not be ready to stop the crazy borrowing to pay for yesterdays promises.

People have been noticing for the last 30 years. We've noticed we don't build anything anymore and our jobs and livelihood are shipped abroad. When the whole thing hits the fan, we bail it out.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's true some people do notice, but it seems most don't. or if they notice, it's because it happens to them. but they just see it as bad luck and continue watching football and learning all the trivia about actors and sports personalities. while ignoring totally the mass fraud being perpetuated on the people as a whole through different schemes, starting with the federal reserve system and ending with this idea of bail outs for the so called too big to fail, at the expense of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.