What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ron Paul Is In!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing that can legalize mj is we the people..people are greedy..look at cali they couldn't even pass a vote to legalize and tax, why? becuz the growers got greedy..set us all back imvho..really as far as politicians go it's pick your poison..
sorry but i strongly disagree with anyone that thinks legalize mj is more of a priority than saving the planet or helpnig out folks who need it..your attitude is no better than all those scumbag greedy folks that worry about nothing except money, oil or themselves..

sure i would love to able to feel free to grow and smoke but if means growing and smoking in f-ed up polluted world then forget it..i want to get stoned and enjoy what wild, clean earth is left...not see the blight that rapidly becoming our country..
the grave yard that is now the gulf is soon coming to neighbor hood near you...

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
Anybody here interested in more than a weed advocate (for president?) More zingers in here than one can count on both hands and feet...

Im honestly fine with most of what his stance is even though I don't agree with a lot of it. If we listed every politicians stance on issues like you just did, they would all have some major zingers. I can live with a social conservative because I know they wont achieve much of their social agenda. Even with repubs in the house, senate and WH during the Bush years they didn't change a lot (abortion still legal ect).

vta

Veteran
In RED

That's basically my point. t/y

How exactly would RP go about mj legalization, since many of his proposals would take an act of Congress?

Open up research. Tell his minions to reschedule. Get behind anything that Frank, Hinche or Rohrabacher throw out there. Lots of stuff.

How long has RP been in national office, 25 years? What has he done for mj reform as a congressman?

Let's have the good Dr. tell us himself....
Click HERE

I'm not so sure RP's for mj reform as he's against regulation in general. RP has co-signed a reform bill that Barney Frank sponsors every legislative session. Other than that, he's just on the record saying he'll de-fund whatever agency his constituency complains about.

See link above :tiphat: Or this onehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0GZznxMC14 :)

If Frank ran for president and you were interested in voting for a true-blue reform president, one who would most assuredly advocate reform from a national platform, would you vote for Frank and worry about the details later?

Yes!

komrade komura

I am glad that Ron Paul is a voice in america.

However, I disagree with him on most things.

The Ayn Rand 'Greed is Good' creed is just an obscenity which has resulted in my country have less than 5% of the population of the planet, yet consumes 25% of the resources and we will fucking kill anyone who tries to stop us.

This has been tried many times in history...The Romans, The Greeks, The Ottomans, Nazis, Imperial Japan. It always results in the same thing...lots of dead people. I refuse to be one of the new nazis....so I left and stay the fuck out of america, land of the greed with liberty and justice for oil.

Libertarian Ron Paul is my friend.

Isolationist Ron Paul is my friend.

Capitalist/Free Market as religion Ron Paul is my enemy...math skills are too high to believe their efficient market bullshit....it was proven in 1950's game theory to be a suboptiisation.

But at least he is sincere...which I can't say about many.

So I will give him a few bucks and always call into the phone lines to make sure the post-debate polls show him the winner.

But vote for him? Ain't gonna do it.

And to my anarchist friends, I advise them to use caution. I understand his attraction, but it ain't the future you want. Just a free market dystopia that will give birth to an american Che....who I will reluctantly support.

As a very wise woman once said:

'If voting changed anything, they would make it illegal'
- Emma Goldman

Democrats make me ashamed to be an american
Republicans make me ashamed to be a fucking human being.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
the only thing that can legalize mj is we the people..people are greedy..look at cali they couldn't even pass a vote to legalize and tax, why? becuz the growers got greedy..set us all back imvho..really as far as politicians go it's pick your poison..
sorry but i strongly disagree with anyone that thinks legalize mj is more of a priority than saving the planet or helpnig out folks who need it..your attitude is no better than all those scumbag greedy folks that worry about nothing except money, oil or themselves..

sure i would love to able to feel free to grow and smoke but if means growing and smoking in f-ed up polluted world then forget it..i want to get stoned and enjoy what wild, clean earth is left...not see the blight that rapidly becoming our country..
the grave yard that is now the gulf is soon coming to neighbor hood near you...

Issues aren't as black and white as people think sometimes.

If 19 had hemp clauses in it perhaps more people would have voted for it.

Hemp can save our economy and solve energy/agricultural problems.

Why can't we do more than one thing at a time?

Pretty soon we'll need leaders who know we can't operate as we have.

I am glad that Ron Paul is a voice in america.

However, I disagree with him on most things.

The Ayn Rand 'Greed is Good' creed is just an obscenity which has resulted in my country have less than 5% of the population of the planet, yet consumes 25% of the resources and we will fucking kill anyone who tries to stop us.

This has been tried many times in history...The Romans, The Greeks, The Ottomans, Nazis, Imperial Japan. It always results in the same thing...lots of dead people. I refuse to be one of the new nazis....so I left and stay the fuck out of america, land of the greed with liberty and justice for oil.

Libertarian Ron Paul is my friend.

Isolationist Ron Paul is my friend.

Capitalist/Free Market as religion Ron Paul is my enemy...math skills are too high to believe their efficient market bullshit....it was proven in 1950's game theory to be a suboptiisation.

But at least he is sincere...which I can't say about many.

So I will give him a few bucks and always call into the phone lines to make sure the post-debate polls show him the winner.

But vote for him? Ain't gonna do it.

And to my anarchist friends, I advise them to use caution. I understand his attraction, but it ain't the future you want. Just a free market dystopia that will give birth to an american Che....who I will reluctantly support.

As a very wise woman once said:

'If voting changed anything, they would make it illegal'
- Emma Goldman

Democrats make me ashamed to be an american
Republicans make me ashamed to be a fucking human being.
well said!!! bravo! bravo! someone with some common sense..

Issues aren't as black and white as people think sometimes.

If 19 had hemp clauses in it perhaps more people would have voted for it.

Hemp can save our economy and solve energy/agricultural problems.

Why can't we do more than one thing at a time?

Pretty soon we'll need leaders who know we can't operate as we have.
no arguments here..totally agree...but sometimes a baby step can and will lead to one giant step...wise-up cali's legalization was that first step this country needed..legal is legal..details can come later..
show the ignorant masses nobody's going to get stoned and go off and killing spree or crime spree and see how quick it would be accepted..

vta

Veteran
no arguments here..totally agree...but sometimes a baby step can and will lead to one giant step...wise-up cali's legalization was that first step this country needed..legal is legal..details can come later..
show the ignorant masses nobody's going to get stoned and go off and killing spree or crime spree and see how quick it would be accepted..

I think 2012 may be different. We already have like 3 initiatives going. We shall see...

i sure hope so vta...maybe when these right-wing conservative evangelicals here in the bible belt see that it's less harmful, more peaceful than alcohol they might come around..atleast for med use..then again these folks think that the dinosaurs never existed and fossil fuels were made by god..LMAO!!!

vta

Veteran
then again these folks think that the dinosaurs never existed and fossil fuels were made by god..LMAO!!!

I believe it. But I also believe that oil is abiotic and not from any sort of decayed biological matter. The fossil theory is 18th century voodoo bs and the real deal is that oil is abiotic just like natural gas and coal...they get replenished from within the mantel of earth. But I am just crazy that wAy.

bentom187

Veteran
I think it was on Howard Stern but I recently heard Jesse Ventura say the only way he would make a bid for the WH would be as Paul's VP. Ventura is a strong supporter of legalization.

You should take the time to find out what he is about. You even admit to know nothing about him.:)

I'm no lover of politicians but this guy makes better points than most.

your making the best of a absolutley ass backward system. you still get a ass backward system aside from you seeking out your own personal intrest,and leaving the rest of the USA out of luck.

i admit to not carring what hes about cause it will change as soon as hes in office. like the rest of 'em.
they get you excited and pay whoever wins. its a grand idea that works.
i know how many people would like a hero,but its like asking a car dealer to be honest.
tell me if you find one .

Last edited:

bentom187

Veteran
i will accept the objectors as my teachers. its the only way to make things better for everyone.

Last edited:

RetroGrow

Veteran
Let's face it. The best we can do is the lesser of evils.
Ron Paul understands that the "war on drugs" is a failure, unlike the hypocrite we have in the White House now, who believes others should do time for the same things he did, and is willing to spend a billion dollars to keep things that way.

bentom187

Veteran
im not sure what to say except its not the only problem,how about being free from debt or rules as long as you dont hurt anyone else?
we can do it it just takes thinking outside of ourself.
wich this country is extremley self centered!!!!!

Last edited:
I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Ron Paul Is In!

Gary Johnson anyone? Anyone know where Trump would be? RP is not alone, Ventura as mentioned earlier....

G

greenmatter

oh yeah ... one guy is going to change it all! don't mean to be a buzz kill but i have heard this before and nothing gets better. i hope the fans of this guy are right but we have all seen how many promises are kept by politicians. same shit different day

I believe it. But I also believe that oil is abiotic and not from any sort of decayed biological matter. The fossil theory is 18th century voodoo bs and the real deal is that oil is abiotic just like natural gas and coal...they get replenished from within the mantel of earth. But I am just crazy that wAy.
Not crazy..so many possibilities and theories surround everything we don't understand..for all we really know we could be derived from alien dna from long ago..
i voted ron paul last time he ran, but somethings he stands for scare the shit of me..trithfully i just don't give a f@#k anymore..screw main stream society and politicians..
i keep to myself, help out lesser folks when i have the means and it presents itself and sit on back porch watching what's left of mother nature puffin'..whether herb is legal or not it does make everything a little better and doesn't stop me from growing and smoking..to me what counts is that i can look in the mirror forgive myself for my mistakes and do better the next day..
sleep well my green brothers!!!

Kreamy

Gary Johnson anyone?....

I'm with you on taking a good look at gary johnson. I just wish there would be more media coverage of him that says anything beyond him being the pot legalization candidate, gov no, or opposes war. He seems like a very sensible candidate from what I've read. Ron Paul has also expressed support of him...

Status
Not open for further replies.