What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran

If he was Joe Sidewalk you'd be right. But he's a ferkin US senator for Christ's sake. Has he attempted to advance reform legislation?

If you think trolling is stating that local police detained Rand Paul (not TSA) that's your problem.

"Local" in this case might be Nashville PD. Not fed, not even state.

SacredBreh

Must spread some reputation around before giving more to CannaBunkerMan, Spastic, and Itisme..... Disco the point? ^^^^^^both are different arms,but same The MAN. I guess you are making the point because you think the inside of the cells are different??????????????

I myself Like to be part of the "Fringe". We all are considered to be part of the "Fringe" by participating in the "Craft" as we do here on IC. I sure as hell don't want to be considered main stream as that stream is headed for Niagra Falls very soon.

Don't some of these guys commenting understand they are on a Cannabis site (the best I might add) and bashing the only candidate that has come out and said it "Should Be Legal" and they would do all they could to make it legal. Again, I just don't get it. Not even Obummer that I voted for last time on his half assed position would come out and say "It should be legal".

Peace

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
If he was Joe Sidewalk you'd be right. But he's a ferkin US senator for Christ's sake. Has he attempted to advance reform legislation?

If you think trolling is stating that local police detained Rand Paul (not TSA) that's your problem.

"Local" in this case might be Nashville PD. Not fed, not even state.

Come on, what better way to "advance reform legislation" than for the senator to refuse a grope down? This puts the issue even more into the public eye, which will consequently advance reform legislation much more effectively. If you can't see that it was a calculated move by Rand to refuse the grope... but you can, and...

you just like to be difficult, Disco, for no other reason than to be difficult. That's why I called you a troll. You aren't advancing the discussion by being a serial contrarian.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
He was detained by local police for not cooperating with TSA. Everybody has to follow the same rules.

Well that is not exactly true.

It is against the law to detain a Congressman on their way to Congress.
http://en.wikipedia.org United_States_Constitution Article One Section_6

...shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony, and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their attendance at the Session of their Respective Houses, and in going to and from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_or_Debate_Clause

the TSA violated the Constitution detaining him. I dont see how it could be clearer?

Nothing will happen, the rules dont apply to the Govt. The Gestapo dont even know which laws supersede the others. Himmler said run the trains so Eichmann did. It is a joke.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Come on, what better way to "advance reform legislation" than for the senator to refuse a grope down? This puts the issue even more into the public eye, which will consequently advance reform legislation much more effectively.

If you can't see that it was a calculated move by Rand to refuse the grope... but you can, and...

you just like to be difficult, Disco, for no other reason than to be difficult. That's why I called you a troll. You aren't advancing the discussion by being a serial contrarian.

All he had to do was submit to the same procedure everybody else does.

BTW, there is no legislation to advance. Rand Paul can't tell transportation officials how to do their job because he doesn't know.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If everybody has to follow the same rules then where is my bailout? I'm made a couple of bad investments and what to push my losses onto the taxpayer. Since those are the rules the important people are playing by right?

Oh wait. I'm just a silly prole. I don't get to play by those rules.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Everybody doesnt have to follow the rules. Congressmen on there way to Congress are exempt for being detained.

ITS AN IMPORTANT FUCKING RULE.

Disco, your argument is flawed at its base.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If everybody has to follow the same rules then where is my bailout? I'm made a couple of bad investments and what to push my losses onto the taxpayer. Since those are the rules the important people are playing by right?

Oh wait. I'm just a silly prole. I don't get to play by those rules.

Oops, I forgot. Exceptions to rules means there should be no rules.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The mystery object on Rand's TSA scan that caused them to want to do a pat down was a pocket book Constitution. Not knowing what it was the TSA agents quickly burned it and detained him as a terrorist. /sarc

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Everybody doesnt have to follow the rules. Congressmen on there way to Congress are exempt for being detained.

ITS AN IMPORTANT FUCKING RULE.

Disco, your argument is flawed at its base.

Tell that to Cynthia McKenny. Do you really think lawmakers are exempt from detention? Hell, apply the same argument to the first lawmaker you hate and watcha got, a flaw?

Besides, all Rand had to do was submit to a search like he was previously asked. Was probably released as soon as he played by the same rules the rest of us have to consider.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Tell that to Cynthia McKenny. Do you really think lawmakers are exempt from detention?

So you do admit it is illegal, they just dont care?

Cynthia McKinney was a black outgoing (troublemaker) congresswoman. No one (unfortunately) gave a shit about her.

Rand is a Senator whose father has been running for President for 5 years and who will be on National TV two nights this week.

I hope it is a topic of tonights debate.

Yes, according to The Constitution, Article One, Section Six, you cant detain a Congressmen on their way to Congress. Do you not see how that is important?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oops, I forgot. Exceptions to rules means there should be no rules.
A nation supposedly run by laws implies the law applies to all. A nation governed by men (authoritarian law) makes up the rules as it goes along to the determent of the people. As long as you are in the know you can get an "exception." A la Corzine still walking the streets after stealing $1.2 billion.

Must be nice to be able to buy exceptions.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Politicians are not subject to the same rules, Obamacare for instance. Add to that insider trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.