What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itisme

Veteran
I do understand your stand and beliefs Cojito. I do also worry about how that their beliefs effects their decisions. To make it very simple, if I thought I was going to go straight to heaven and all the "good people" with me, I might be a bit more likely to start Armageddon especially if my belief system is that it is inevitable anyway.

Science is also a type of religion though... We "know" what we "know"

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.-- Albert Einstein

All I can say to that is, Amen.

421558_289520711113555_100001668841319_737231_721366395_n.jpg

SacredBreh

^^^^^^^ That is one of my fears too ShroomDr. Although, it seems to me the house is falling in on itself and doors opened or closed either gently or slammed may not make a difference, but I agree it could "blowback". I know the last at least 40 years lets say has damaged the foundation so much that the only thing to do now is go in and "mud-jack" it and replace the foundation or repair it. Ron Paul is the only one I see starting on that process, and yes I think he will only be able to start the massive undertaking.

Peace

bentom187

Veteran
romney is attacking santorum the other supposed frontrunner ,because theres isnt anything romney can say negitive to attack paul with, so its better to attack the fakes and self proclaimed frontrunners if your mitt.
he doesnt,need to attack much in a 4 man race,when its down to him vs. whoever then its time ,and he can run on his record could the challenger do that? nope it'll be all substancless ranting from the accuser.

i dont know if the vids are working so heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Owp11ITtk&feature=player_embedded

there are no alliances.

whodare

Veteran
Shroom, DB?

Obfuscation (or beclouding) is the hiding of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, wilfully ambiguous, and harder to interpret.

A sophism is taken as a specious argument used for deception. It might be crafted to appear logical while actually representing a falsehood, or it might use obscure words and complicated sentence constructions in order to intimidate the opponent into agreement out of fear of feeling foolish. Other techniques include manipulating the opponent's prejudices and emotions to overcome their logical faculties.

And shroom the absence of evidence is not evidence.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Obfuscation (or beclouding) is the hiding of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing, wilfully ambiguous, and harder to interpret.

Yes, that is what im saying is possible with RP.

Glad we both understand the meaning of the word.

You it im using it (on a weed forum), and im aware that your candidate might be using it (on a world wide scale).

Again, it doesnt matter what RP is trying to do, it only matters what happens.

Ron Paul doesnt even need to be aware of it (making him obfuscated, not an obfuscator). That is what many of you fail to see. So many are concerned with the trees they dont see the forest.

-

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Yes, that is what im saying is possible with RP.

Glad we both understand the meaning of the word.

You it im using it (on a weed forum), and im aware that your candidate might be using it (on a world wide scale).

Again, it doesnt matter what RP is trying to do, it only matters what happens.

Ron Paul doesnt even need to be aware of it (making him obfuscated, not an obfuscator). That is what many of you fail to see. So many are concerned with the trees they dont see the forest.

-

I get the same impression.

Whodare, do you believe in the rapture?

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I like everything about Ron Paul except his tax policy, i just wish someone would tell him to act more like a Lion instead of a Fox, and that Patrick Henry and the Anti-Federalist LOST (in the late 18th century).

His tax policy is not based on our current financial system. Its based on 18th century, i dug it up, its worth money.

Gold and precious metals are no longer the basis of international money. (Blame the west for giving all the silver to the chinese in exchange for silk and opium [chinese warlords dont need cotton.] in the 19th century.)

RON Paul's ultimate goal is to get us back to the gold standard...

(SOMEONE PLEASE REFUTE ANYTHING BETWEEN HERE)
So to recap... the WEST fucked the world financial system in the 19th century sending all the silver to China, and then FUCKED the Chinese taking the world 'off of silver'. Does that compute?

Nixon Shock = Nixon taking us off of the gold standard.

The entire world should/could have traded their dollars for gold bullion, but they did not.

So the Dollar DOMINATES the world currency reserve

But what good does that do Americans when our currency replaced by gold (or anything else) as the world reserve?

NADA.

Someone please tell me why it is bad for AMERICANS for our currency to be the one the world wants the most?

Dr Paul is working to destroy this. And all the blind Dr Paul supporters who support this part of his polices are only working to kick yourself in the arse.

-

whodare

Veteran
Lol I believe a lot of people are trying to make it happen and there's a lot that would like to see it happen.

In the lack of evidence I dont know what to believe

Now back to the good Dr.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
So to recap... the WEST fucked the world financial system in the 19th century sending all the silver to China, and then FUCKED the Chinese taking the world 'off of silver'. Does that compute?

The entire world should/could have traded their dollars for gold bullion, but they did not.

To put it more bluntly, and youre not going have anyone on FAUX news or MSNBC say this.

We the AMERICANS, have been fucking with the worlds financial system for years. If we can (and we have) convince the world that our dollars are BETTER than gold, why would anyone want to break that illusion TO THEM.

We are winning the magic trick, and your acting like some 'stage grip' who is yelling out where the magician hides the rabbit.

If youre in the audience (India, Thailand) thats fine, but youre 'part of the act' and you benefit from the magic tricks... youre a westerner, youre cutting your own throat.

^^This is not an editorial on what is 'just' and 'unjust', only an observation of the situation at hand. There is too much Cicero in this thread!

-

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Lol I believe a lot of people are trying to make it happen and there's a lot that would like to see it happen.

In the lack of evidence I dont know what to believe

Now back to the good Dr.

I'll take that you're tossing your charges of obfuscation and sophism.

whodare

Veteran
I like everything about Ron Paul except his tax policy, i just wish someone would tell him to act more like a Lion instead of a Fox, and that Patrick Henry and the Anti-Federalist LOST (in the late 18th century).

His tax policy is not based on our current financial system. Its based on 18th century, i dug it up, its worth money.

Gold and precious metals are no longer the basis of international money. (Blame the west for giving all the silver to the chinese in exchange for silk and opium [chinese warlords dont need cotton.] in the 19th century.)

RON Paul's ultimate goal is to get us back to the gold standard...

He has stated he likes the gold standard, yes.

Is that his plan? No.

He want to end the FEDs monopoly on creating legal tender making things like bitcoin and a commodities based currency possible.

That fact can be found all over.

completely false we had gotten away from the gold standard earlier in the century.

Nixon shock resulted from him Ending the Direct convertibility of US dollars to gold.

Big difference, he fully unleashed the inflationary fed to fund Vietnam.
But what good does that do Americans when our currency replaced by gold (or anything else) as the world reserve?

NADA.

Someone please tell me why it is bad for AMERICANS for our currency to be the one the world wants the most?

Dr Paul is working to destroy this. And all the blind Dr Paul supporters who support this part of his polices are only working to kick yourself in the arse.

-

China Russia and brazil are already looking to replace the dollar as the reserve currency due directly to the Feds inflationary policies that Dr. Paul would like to end.

You sir are the blind one.

D

dramamine

To put it more bluntly, and youre not going have anyone on FAUX news or MSNBC say this.

We the AMERICANS, have been fucking with the worlds financial system for years. If we can (and we have) convince the world that our dollars are BETTER than gold, why would anyone want to break that illusion TO THEM.

We are winning the magic trick, and your acting like some 'stage grip' who is yelling out where the magician hides the rabbit.

If youre in the audience (India, Thailand) thats fine, but youre 'part of the act' and you benefit from the magic tricks... youre a westerner, youre cutting your own throat.

^^This is not an editorial on what is 'just' and 'unjust', only an observation of the situation at hand. There is too much Cicero in this thread!

-

The illusion has long since been broken. If the US weren't the UN's attack dog on a leash, the dollar would've been dropped long ago.

Regardless, it sounds like you think the US dollar is in a sustainable position. That isn't the case, no matter who comes out and says it or not..

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
He has stated he likes the gold standard, yes.

Is that his plan? No.

Then it's a slogan. The most I've picked up is that Paul wants to end the sales tax on gold and silver transactions.

Here's what else I gather. "Voluntary" has been mentioned in association with "gold standard". So ending sales tax on gold transactions allows one to voluntarily gold plate their existence - free of sales tax.

That said, the monetary system is unchanged. "Gold standard" and tales of gloom and doom are more romantic than,

"I think you should carry more gold in your portfolio and I'll work to end the sales tax."

IMO, that's a little too bland for campaign donations.

He want to end the FEDs monopoly on creating legal tender making things like bitcoin and a commodities based currency possible.

That fact can be found all over.

Then that's not "end the fed" and thus another slogan. Who cares whether the fact "can be found" wherever? The guy's running for president for crying out loud. Name another candidate who predicates his stump with,

"My slogans are superficial and misleading, you have to seek my details - they're out and about."

So Ron says "end the fed" and the mosh pit roars it's approval. Ask Ron why he even introduces statements he really has no intentions of carrying out he'd probably give you that, "pull my finger grin and ramble about Austrian economics.

Supporters appear to be aware of (some) of Paul's comments enough to clarify(?) the oversimplifications. Thanks for the effort and all but non-base voters will hear the slogan and change the channel. Republicans are famous for divide-and-conquer. Is this a new spin?

I know something you don't know... :tumbleweed: Might make a good primary strategy to "run" his platform, not his candidacy.

Big difference, he fully unleashed the inflationary fed to fund Vietnam.

Taxes and treasury bond sales funded Vietnam.

China Russia and brazil are already looking to replace the dollar as the reserve currency due directly to the Feds inflationary policies that Dr. Paul would like to end.

You sir are the blind one.

The only country that NEVER considers replacing the dollar is the US.

Before you lock step with accountings that purport only cons of a situation, compare it to the pros vs con to get a clearer perspective. If someone preselects your information, you may not be getting all of it.

itisme

Veteran

Background
By So the Dollar DOMINATES the world currency reserve

WEST= is a generic term. Be more spicific. I feel our curency was ruined in 1913 when the FED was created. What proof do yhou have our currency was worthless before then?

the FED fucked the world financial system in the 19th century.

Ron Paul's ultimate goal is a commodities based currency that could include silver and other items back notes as collateral. He is flexible and not an absolutiist.

The main objective of his monetary policy would have less to do with what backs it, and much more to do with WHO CONTROLS IT! That is why ending the FED is the ultimate goal, taking their power away is why lots of people feel JFK was shot. We can take back all that free trillions in stolen FED money and pay off the National Debt, burn the rest, it is digital anyway. The ROTHCHILDS have all the gold that was in Fort Knox and we can take that back too.

Nixon Shock = = Nixon taking us off of the gold standard.
The Nixon Shock was a series of economic measures taken by U.S. President Richard Nixon in 1971 including unilaterally cancelling the direct convertibility of the United States dollar to gold that essentially ended the existing Bretton Woods system of international financial exchange
in the early 1970s, as the costs of the Vietnam War and increased domestic spending accelerated inflation,[1] the U.S. was running a balance-of-payments deficit and a trade deficit, the first in the 20th century. The year 1970 was the crucial turning point, because foreign arbitrage of the U.S. dollar caused governmental gold coverage of the paper dollar to decline from 55% to 22%. That, in the view of neoclassical economics and the Austrian School, represented the point where holders of the U.S. dollar lost faith in the U.S. government's ability to cut its budget and trade deficits.
By 1971, the money supply had increased by 10%.[1] In the first six months of 1971, $22 billion in assets left the U.S.[2] In May 1971, inflation-wary West Germany was the first member country to unilaterally leave the Bretton Woods system — unwilling to devalue the Deutsche Mark in order to prop up the dollar.[1] In the following three months, West Germany's move strengthened its economy. Simultaneously, the dollar dropped 7.5% against the Deutsche Mark.[1]
Above is an exert of on NIXON SHOCK that states the Vietnam War was the reason for the rise and out of control spending. RP is flexable as a stated above some examples but he is addressing the ROOT OF THE CURRENT PROBLEM, THE WARS! Not presribing bombs for freedom, nor is he rigid on how to stage the transfer. Ron Paul is addressing the speding issues and the moral ones too. End the WARS.

Please note that the REPORT ON NIXON SHOCK brings up the war, not me.

WAR IS A RACKET, -Smedley Butler- Most decorated Soilder in US history at the time of his death. Stolen from SpasticGramps.

I think that a rebutted.

Last edited:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
West in late 19th century = mainly british and american opium merchants,bankers, but some dutch and french too.

What else would a warlord who farm opium except in trade? your paper is worthless, your cotton is inferior to silk and they they make their own metal tools/instruments.

Last edited:

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Notice the fall from 2002 to 2010? Those are Bushs years. His moves towards plutocracy seem to have been interpreted negatively by the world...

Maybe the world remembers its own history better than us Americans have a real grasp of it?

Anyone want to refute that Louis XVI and Nicholas II concentrated wealth bough their country anarchy and themselves executions?

Those two lived in an 'open' monetary system, we live under a 'closed' monetary system (Fiat currency).

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts