What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contra

Ron Paul is the only choice for those in favor of mmj. Obama espoused it while running, more so than any candidate of late, but at the end of the day, he is responsible for the actions of those he appoints to office. For all the statements that Disco has made, none of them would seemingly have any impact on Pauls' efficacy as Pres. He agrees with many of RP's ideas and continues to support a candidate that laughs them off. DiscoBiscuit is a prime example of how media attempts to sway public opinion. Without getting into details, ie playing their game, I will simply say that it is his goal to overwhelm any opposition by posting more frequently and at greater length. I will give you credit though, DB, for having a sharp tongue. Sharp tongues are the basis for creating rhetoric. Maybe it's just me, but when people get so caught up in irrelevant details that they miss the big picture, I consider them to be lacking common sense. Enough with the grandstanding and hipocrisy please.

draztik

Veteran
It's so funny how people are starting to attack Ron Paul now that he's an acknowledged threat by the establishment media propaganda puppet show. It's only a matter of time until good people become aware of just how corrupt, desperate and power hungry these creatures are. They will say anything to smear this mans character. Parasites like DiscoBiscuit feed off the talking points spewing from these media whores that has been fed down by top execs. He then regurgitates this disinfo as facts hoping your as dumbed down and brainwashed as him. It doesn't matter what these brainwashed parasites interpret as reality. They never mattered and never will matter anyway. They are just robots programmed by the machine.

Vigil

The thing people do not understand (progressives alienated by Obama and Independents) is Ron Paul is not what you think he is. He does not support a federal war on drugs program, but ask him about individual state legislation on drugs. He is not thinking like you, he just wants the federal government out of it. Thats how he can seem to appeal to both sides with more rights/less gov talk, in reality he would dissapoint us both.

Dont let the link name turn you off, decent article.

http://www.vice.com/read/ron-paul-is-a-racist-leprechaun

I'll give him my vote, although I think the polls are rigged anyways. We already saw it in 2000 right? So if the feds turn their attention on the Paul supporters, then so be it! Here I am fuckers! You'll need more than a few bullets, because more & more people are waking up to the bullshit. Bring your artillery!

The thing people do not understand (progressives alienated by Obama and Independents) is Ron Paul is not what you think he is. He does not support a federal war on drugs program, but ask him about individual state legislation on drugs. He is not thinking like you, he just wants the federal government out of it. Thats how he can seem to appeal to both sides with more rights/less gov talk, in reality he would dissapoint us both.

word!

draztik

Veteran
yea, well since ron paul thinks everything should be privatized...then he probably agrees with a private company counting the votes. i think it's fucking retarded that a private company is in charge of counting the votes. fucking ridiculous. fuck privatization!
You are so misguided. Your worried about private companies counting votes when the worst possibility is actually our reality. Do you know that the Federal Reserve is private. It is not part of the government and is not a federal agency. It's a private group of unelected elite that control the concept of money. They control the money and they control what info you get about them and their private empire.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Crossing into a sovereign nation's air space and dropping bombs is an act of war. If that sovereign nation hasn't attacked you then it is an per-empitive act of war. Lots of people in the US don't know or consider embargos acts of war. To be perfectly honest I find Americans are especially good at rationalizing our war state as not being at war when we are perpetually at war.

A common trait found in imperial war states I assume.

Maybe we disagree over aspects of preemptive war. Never meant to infer we don't engage in armed conflict., In fact we've reverted to some of the tactics that prevailed before 9/11, i.e. human intelligence.

The guy did campaign on taking it to Al Qaeda's ass.

I always considered W's, "we have to fight em over there so they won't fight us here" a stretch. Seeing how we fuck up two things for every one we try to fix, backing out cautiously might beat head-em-up-and-move-em-out.

I've never been an advocate for war. I just know we're in some complicated shit and armed conflict is always on the table. Who knows, nationalism might have prevented 9/11 but we paid consequences pre WWI and pre WWII.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
You are so misguided. Your worried about private companies counting votes when the worst possibility is actually our reality. Do you know that the Federal Reserve is private. It is not part of the government and is not a federal agency. It's a private group of unelected elite that control the concept of money. They control the money and they control what info you get about them and their private empire.

yea, that's fucked that we sold off the peoples right to control the dollar. thomas jefferson warned us about this shit...

GP73LPC

Veteran

this is correct, he is for ending the FEDERAL WAR on drugs... States will still keep them illegal...

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
this is correct, he is for ending the FEDERAL WAR on drugs... States will still keep them illegal...

...or make them Legal-- That is the beauty of it...there could be CHOICES!! States with MMJ, would no longer have to worry about the Feds--

daheadies

poppin' outta control
To anybodies knowledge, has ron paul been asked specifically about the medical situation? If not how do we get that to happen..??

GP73LPC

Veteran
...or make them Legal-- That is the beauty of it...there could be CHOICES!! States with MMJ, would no longer have to worry about the Feds--

i understand and Americans are approaching a 50% number for legalizing, but we're not there yet.

Cali tried and just missed, so if Paul was elected (which he won't be) i doubt we would see any states go legal during his term with the exception of maybe California...

there is WAY too much money being made keeping drugs illegal. cops keep half the proceeds from drug busts. state and locals get funding from the feds for arresting drug users... the entire urinalysis industry has be born and grown. not to mention the prison industrial complex... and let's not even mention lobbyists from tobacco and big pharma...

i think we have a few more years before legalization, but it would be a step in the right direction :good:

Vigil

Well the thing is imagine Big Pharma lobbyists leaving Washington and going to town halls. The politicians there are 10x cheaper and the attention paid to them by the average American is embarassingly small. Obviously some states like California would stay with it and benefit from not having federal law circumvent their own. I would not be surprised to see some med states flip back from so called "local movements". Moms against drugs, weed got my 12 year old pregnant, my son smoked a joint now hes in Al Qaeda, ect. Your just switching power from one place to another, but there can be alot more players on a state level.

daheadies

poppin' outta control
i understand and Americans are approaching a 50% number for legalizing, but we're not there yet.

Cali tried and just missed, so if Paul was elected (which he won't be) i doubt we would see any states go legal during his term with the exception of maybe California...

there is WAY too much money being made keeping drugs illegal. cops keep half the proceeds from drug busts. state and locals get funding from the feds for arresting drug users... the entire urinalysis industry has be born and grown. not to mention the prison industrial complex... and let's not even mention lobbyists from tobacco and big pharma...

i think we have a few more years before legalization, but it would be a step in the right direction :good:

Cali's there.. The bill was fucked and lots of pro-marijuana people that were educated voted against it..

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

Completely agree bro!! I was just talking about MMJ, and the recent raids...those would end under Dr Paul--:tiphat:

THCphd420

Im voting for ron paul, hes the only canadate who wants, or atleast talks significant changes. It seems election to election, democrat to republican the direction our countrys heading isnt good.

I feel theres some fundamental problems (The fed reserve, drug war, debt, and the military bases we operate in 130 countries, ect.) that atleast Paul is willing to adress. The man isnt perfect, but who is? atlest unlike the other canidates he adamantly dismissed the patriot act, and ndaa. The others?

I feel like you have to be an idiot to vote for anyone else, but this is America and i support Discobiscuts right to vote lol.

Last edited:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Cali's there.. The bill was fucked and lots of pro-marijuana people that were educated voted against it..

I am not trying to bring up a Prop 19 argument...but you are wrong-- It would have forced the Feds to address State Law on a Legal plain...instead of giving them the "See!! Even the People don't want it!!" argument--:ying:

Grimr3efer

Ron Paul is the only candidate that talks about and knows the real issues. Like: "End the Fed" no one else will touch that. "War on drugs has failed". Only one that talks about blowback from our foreign policy. Stoping all aid to Israel. Shutting down all foreign military bases. Protecting our border. Protecting the Constitution and Bill of Rights... ect

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Has Dr Paul ever picked one and explained how he'd do it, how he might mitigate potential fallout and any other interesting tidbits?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Has Dr Paul ever picked one and explained how he'd do it, how he might mitigate potential fallout and any other interesting tidbits?

Has any Candidate ever done that??
I don't think they know the full potential of their power...or lack of, til they actually get there and try--

Status
Not open for further replies.