What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greenmatter

:noway: any theocracy blows! ....... i don't care what country you are talking about.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
No offense but perhaps you are too young to remember Ross Perot so i'll say it again ANY vote for Dr Paul IS a vote for Barrack Obama and his failed policies..
any vote NOT for RP is a vote for obomney..
it does not matter which one wins if it's obama v. romney. they are identical with the lights off ;)
santorum has no shot at the delegates to make it. and thank god because he is the only choice worse than obomney!

Last edited:
Someotherguy, you haven't convinced me. Too bad the warmongers are the majority, or so it seems. I guess that's where a lot of money interests lie. Ron Paul will protect the United States from real threats, why rush to war, again?

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Any vote for Dr Paul is a vote for Barry Obama.

No matter how enthusiastic and dedicated Dr Paul's supporters are, and I count myself among them, there aren't enough of us to win him the election, only enough to ensure the Republicans lose.

So if you want another 4 years of this shit, vote for Ron Paul and Obama is sure to win.

Peace, SOG

Please explain (IE elaborate)

Do you ACTUALLY know how a President is elected? (because i doubt it). Its not just who gets the most votes.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
because the answer is never coming....

If
Obama gets 40% of the electoral votes
Romeny gets 30%
and Paul gets 30%

No one reaches a majority; the Presidential Election is thrown to the House of Representatives (like 1824) and they can vote how they damn well please.

Do you think a GOP controlled house is going to pick Obama right off the bat when 60% of the votes went to other candidates?

No one has a fucking clue what would happen, but you certainly cant say a vote for Paul is a vote for Obama.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Essentially, a 4 man race is going to ruin the chances of a Republican from gaining a MAJORITY of the delegate votes for their election.

And

A 3 man race can ruin the chances of a candidate from gaining a MAJORITY of the electoral votes.

Perot was the second republican running against a sitting Rebub; Paul is the only christian running against a hieratic and an Kenyan (i dont believe that shit, but you get the point).

Brokered elections are a pretty piss poor excuse for 21th century Democracy.....

itisme

Veteran
Maybe your to tied into what others are saying and not seeking the truth...You can buy in if you want to....I REFUSE! I KNOW THE MASSES WANT RON PAUL!

Despite what YOU think, Dr Pauls take on foriegn affairs is too far out of the mainstream and most of America believes his policies would weaken us as a nation so they will NEVER vote for him.
You are so INCORRECT! That is main lie they want to keep up so that is what every aspect of the media is trying to sell! The sad part is your buying it and trying to resell it to me! It AINT GONE WORK! You better go back to page one of this thread because you sure haven't read much of it!

P.S. I know Ross Perot, "Your going to here a big sucking sound of jobs leaving this country" :D I love him too :D Some of the people are waking up to the media, more and more everyday. So I spread the truth not what the media states!! RON PAUL HAS A CHANCE TO WIN! I don't care that you disagree but don't use bs media bias to support your argument and if you were a REAL RON PAUL SUPPORTER you would know better than to spread the media bias.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
No offense but perhaps you are too young to remember Ross Perot so i'll say it again ANY vote for Dr Paul IS a vote for Barrack Obama and his failed policies..

Despite what YOU think, Dr Pauls take on foriegn affairs is too far out of the mainstream and most of America believes his policies would weaken us as a nation so they will NEVER vote for him.

So if you feel as though Obama has failed and you want a change, Rick Santorum is the best choice, ...i may not agree with everything he says but I believe he is a man of integrity who means what he says.

Peace, SOG

You've got to be fucking joking!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
because the answer is never coming....

If
Obama gets 40% of the electoral votes
Romeny gets 30%
and Paul gets 30%

No one reaches a majority; the Presidential Election is thrown to the House of Representatives (like 1824) and they can vote how they damn well please.

Do you think a GOP controlled house is going to pick Obama right off the bat when 60% of the votes went to other candidates?

No one has a fucking clue what would happen, but you certainly cant say a vote for Paul is a vote for Obama.

You sure about all that? Clinton won with only 43% of the vote. A majority doesn't have to be more than half. We're just used to it because so many contests consist of two opponents, basic policy, etc.

If Ron Paul won the Republican primary, voting for Paul isn't a wasted vote. But the current dynamics suggest an independent run would mimic the Perot result, splitting the Republican vote.

I'm not suggesting that Paul's considering running under another banner. He says he's staying with the Republic party and so far I believe it.

I first voted for Reagan's first term as a kid graduating in 1980. I've voted Republican pretty much since except for local races. This election I'm Ron Paul, but since it looks like another nazi police repuke is going to get the ticket; I might even vote for obamatheliar. Better than the storm troopers moving in.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
You sure about all that? Clinton won with only 43% of the vote. A majority doesn't have to be more than half. We're just used to it because so many contests consist of two opponents, basic policy, etc.

If Ron Paul won the Republican primary, voting for Paul isn't a wasted vote. But the current dynamics suggest an independent run would mimic the Perot result, splitting the Republican vote.

I'm not suggesting that Paul's considering running under another banner. He says he's staying with the Republic party and so far I believe it.

Clinton won a MAJORITY of the electoral votes. (currently 271).

Popular vote doesnt matter.

If Obama wins 269
Romeny wins 268
And Paul only gets 3 votes (just one state)

The whole thing goes to the House of Reps.

(George Bush only got 271 electoral votes in 2000)

All Paul needs is to win ONE state.

-

Anything could happen in the House of Reps. Neither Obama, nor Romney have any current power brokers there (neither does Paul, but at least he is there).

If the (26) small states banded together, they could throw the election to the 'American' with 'christian' values...

Not likely... perhaps... if anything one could see the GOP dominated House voting Romney into office. Making a vote for Paul likely a vote for ROMNEY!

No one knows what will happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org wiki/United_States presidential election,_1824 1825_Contingent_election

Not surprisingly, the results of the election were inconclusive. The electoral map confirmed the candidates’ sectional support, with Adams winning outright in the New England states, Jackson gleaning success in states throughout the nation, Clay attracting votes from the west, and Crawford attracting votes from the east.

Andrew Jackson received more electoral and popular votes than any other candidate, but not the majority of 131 electoral votes needed to win the election. As no candidate received the required majority of electoral votes, the presidential election was decided by the House of Representatives

The presidential election was thrown to the U.S. House of Representatives. Following the provisions of the Twelfth Amendment, only the top three candidates in the electoral vote were admitted as candidates in the House: Andrew Jackson, John Quincy Adams, and William Harris Crawford.

Henry Clay, who happened to be Speaker of the House, was left out. Clay detested Jackson and had said of him, “I cannot believe that killing 2,500 Englishmen at New Orleans qualifies for the various, difficult, and complicated duties of the Chief Magistracy.” Moreover, Clay's American System was far closer to Adams' position on tariffs and internal improvements than Jackson's or Crawford's, so Clay threw his support to Adams, who had many more votes than Clay.

John Quincy Adams was elected President on February 9, 1825, on the first ballot, with 13 states, followed by Jackson with 7, and Crawford with 4.

-

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Im not saying Dr paul wins one state, and then becomes president either, that would be abusrd.

What im saying is... if he can syphon off ~10% of Obamas backers (and i think he can), and he can run as the 'Christian' vs a 'Mormon' and syphon off ~15%, he is in a virtual dead heat with them.

If Iowa, kanas, oklahoma, arkansas voting goes something similar to:
38% obama
32% Paul
30% Romney.

If it reaches the House, i dont see the 'bible belt' banding together behind Obama or Romney. They might not 'band together' at all, but they COULD, it is their option, and Paul (and his States Rights stance) would be as good a reason as there ever was.

(Conversely, the 10 biggest states could 'band together', but its hard to get NY, CA, TX, etc to agree on anything.)

Lots of IF's, but it is a much more plausible path to the Whitehouse than Perot, Wallace or Thurman's.

That whole electoral college shit needs to be eliminated now in the age where real votes can be counted. To hell with the "political influence" and "big business" lobbyists affecting the vote. imo

I really believe the elections are/have been corrupt, and nothing more than a big pipe dream to show us hope. Sure I'll put in my support for RP, but I'd bet the rent Obama is going to get another term...It's just that way. That's why I don't get get caught up in these politics anymore, unless it's something about an overthrow. And I'll probably be dead & buried by the time that happens anyway. Obama's nothing more than a puppet doing the deed of the devils. Even if he lost, the only change that will happen will be a face.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Don't forget why the EC is there. Something about densely populated urban cities could disproportionately decide elections and potentially disenfranchise rural America.

I don't really understand how it works but without the EC, we'd theoretically get more democrat presidents.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
FWIW no one would disagree that Dr Paul understands The Constitution (he should be fully aware of these possibilities).

His staunchness, and unwavering conviction to 'pick up delegates' as opposed to 'win primary states', point towards his understanding of how the intricacies of the political process work.

Dr Paul KNEW he cant win the GOP primaries outright. Flatly, no one can convince me he is trying to win outright, nor has he ever tried. Florida sucks they are expense and lost half their delegates, but you have to win there (ask Giuliani). Dr Paul never tried.

But what Dr Paul did know, is if he could get just one other challenger to Romney (the Anti-Romney), he could force a plurality (most votes, but < 50%). Then anything goes at the Republican National Convention.

The convention delegates are only pledged to their canidate the first vote, and if the 'winner' only reaches a plurality, they can vote for whom they wish (and many are PAUL supporters).

Clever Old Fart

-

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Thanks, Shroom Dr.

Wasn't trying to nitpick your analysis. I got mixed up on the majority thing.:)

NO one is saying what i am saying.

I havent heard one 'talking head' say it, or lay down a path for a Dr Paul Presidency. But that will work, and he seems to be 'running' that gameplan.

I did read somewhere about the '26 smallest state', but that only makes sense.

Im only 95% sure it is the 'lame duck' House that gets to vote on the President (as opposed to the incoming class).

It is an interesting distinction that CNN does all these "what if's" with their interactive board, but they dont point out the obvious 'hell fire and brimstone' that could come from Dr Paul winning a handful of small states.

The night Nevada had there election, they showed how important it would be in the national election.

If Dr Paul could actually win Kentucky (his son is Senator, 3 way race means potentially only needing 34% of popular vote to win ALL of that states electoral votes), North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Maine, etc, NOBODY is reaching 271 electoral votes.

Wish they would highlight the chaos that would cause. The shakeup may loosen some voters for Paul (who think like someotherguy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts