What's new

rolling the perfect joint

L

larry badiner

im just 25, most of you old folks hang out here so heres how to roll the perfect joint

its for you to figure out because old people need to think too, im talking about you paranoid jim

^-----R-----

rolls perfect, hard part is figuring out layers - its resin most first, resin last second, resin most firsd, resin least second

K

kannubis

The perfect joint is the one in your hand at the time you need it to be there :) IMO

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I don't roll for shit, never could been smoking this sjit for 42 years nd still can't roll for shit. My wife however rolls a doob that looks like a Camel Cig.
:bongsmi::wave::joint:
:smoweed:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
My trick is to use filters and get a good grind on my herb. I roll spiral style filters out of index cards and with this method you always get a perfectly straight even J from but to tip.

Spiral filters flow awesome and help you keep hold of the J while not letting any weed through. Also I don't have to worry so much about keeping each side even or closing off the but side, just getting enough in front of the filter to keep it seated well and not all girdled.

Exceptionally Deft fingers help too :tiphat:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I always rolled them too tight.

Turns out I was just making it too complicated. Make sure its even before you roll it, then just roll it and shake it by the end a couple times. Thats it.

I could make a beautiful joint but they were so tight you could barely get smoke through them.

+Vibes

the trick for me was just to roll lots of joints. a few summers working in the bush and thousands of doobs later.... ace joints every time.
i will always remember a worker friend of mine going from buds to fat joint in a BLINK, on top of a mountain, below freezing, with strong unrelenting wind... i remember that every time i take 5 mins to roll one:tiphat:

Hot dang, they still sell papers? Just a dedicated "normal looking pipe" guy here. Haven't rolled one in 25 plus years. Anyone ever roll one with one hand. Seen it done but couldn't do it myself when I was younger (much younger) a pipe just seems more efficient. I should get out more...........but why???

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
never used a grinder .. prolly should , but it takes me about 15 min to really clean my weed in preps of rollin . but after i rool it & smoke it ... have had many people comment ... wow this fukin thing is still burnin !!! lol

I will say that Im pretty skilled at rolling basic types of joints, cones, straights, keef joints, bubble joints, oil joints require a specific technique but I got it down. And I don't mean paper smearing.

And I dont mean that I can just get them to tuck, I roll them straight, they look nice and "professional". I can also roll all kinds of blunts even natural leaf cigars, I have even rolled natural leaf bho blunts. My god what a nerve racking 10mins...

The key to rolling anything good is understanding the variables, if you got brick your naturally going to need to roll it more loosely, fluffy buds can be rolled tighter, ect. The cure and water content also come into play, the most important thing is properly breaking up the weed. If your rolling a huge blunt you don't need it all finely broken up semi chunky is a better route because you can fit more herb in the same size cigar. Rolling the same weed for a joint would need to be different.

My point is that rolling is a variable situation, different buds from the same plant may require different ways of rolling(lowers vs. Cola nugs).

I will also say that if you roll a joint better than anyone in your circle and you boat it, its all good. I don't see any shame in it. I boat the left side of each joint and roll the right side inbetween my fingers so it tucks over the "filter" easier.

I think ill post a couple threads in a few days with step by step tutorials. Mainly on blunt rolling, I'm sure it will be an oil blunt, I think I'm hooked again, lol. There is a lil trick i will show everyone that virtually hides the seam.

And if anyone is looking for something really smooth and kind of not a normal every day smoked item. I suggest trying a natural leaf blunt rolled with only the outer natural leaf, very clean blunt smokage, lol.

^^ the bho has me on one yet again, lol

EastFortRock

A friend of my brother would roll with one hand while he was driving a car! I just pre-roll joints at home with a grinder and a little plastic roller .

D

darkhorse

when you get rollers rights you get damn good at rolling.
thats how i learned.

Z

zen_trikester

I Love joints but not roaches, so I don't roll too often and am no artist, but I can make it happen for sure. Some people are friggin artists for sure. Blunts I never could figure out. People are rolling friggin nugs in a cheap cigar wrapper? Whats the point of that?

M

medwa

I roll a good joint but I use two hands and a table. One-and-a-quarter wides are good to practice with.

Nowadays, I use a rolling machine and I've started including a strip of file card for an end piece.

F

Fred el Gato

Never could roll free-handed worth a damn, but sure can twist one with a $.
Grow on, Fred

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
My trick is to use filters and get a good grind on my herb. I roll spiral style filters out of index cards and with this method you always get a perfectly straight even J from but to tip.

Spiral filters flow awesome and help you keep hold of the J while not letting any weed through. Also I don't have to worry so much about keeping each side even or closing off the but side, just getting enough in front of the filter to keep it seated well and not all girdled.

Exceptionally Deft fingers help too :tiphat:

If I roll them your way I can't use my BITCH'N Roach Clip :blowbubbles:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is a case I got from Malta back in 78. There is probably close to 10 diferant strains in here. 25 Blunts are in here. I hate smoking them I keep them for company. I use my Bubbler or Vap.
picture.php

picture.php