What's new

Roger Daltrey Threatens to End The Who Concert Due to Cannabis Smoke

SoufLondon

I have met Roger Daltrey, and can confirm hes got an ego the size of a planet and is a complete twat. This behaviour doesnt surprise me at all, he thinks he's gods gift. Clapton is GENUINELY a nice man. So was Frank Zappa.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Roger who?!?!
Fuck all these lame old rock stars trying to clean their acts.
Go to a fucking monastery or just die of overdose but don´t become wankers for fuck sake.

BlackBuds

Yea fuck this guy

Daltrey was kicked out of the band in 1965 after a fight with Moon (Daltrey flushed his drugs down the toilet because he felt it was affecting his performance). Daltrey apologized and three days later, they took him back.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
great, so I got these 8 tickets for them next month in Amsterdam... "no weed" policies go down really well in Amsterdam too ...lol

al70

Veteran
His bowels are directing the contents around his brain before he sits on the bog

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
What gets me is it sounds like he's trying to blame one person, which is kind of like some non cigarette smoker complaining of 2nd hand smoke from someone smoking a cigarette 100 feet away....outdoors. In other words there is no freaking way that one person toking even in the most modest sized concert hall is going to affect his vocals.

It would have been great if about half the audience just got up and walked out after his outburst.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
roger-lisztomania-29687734-497-700.jpg

Betterhaff

Veteran
Which one’s Roger?

Eric is a recovering addict/alcoholic and owns a rehab center in Antigua. But he takes the high road…he knows it’s up to the individual.

floralheart

Veteran
what tossers. you're getting paid good money to entertain us. deal with it. and they say americans have poor work ethic.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Daltry claims he never got high, not even weed. Of course he tried it, but it effected his performance. He has Never been one of us.

They did a gig at the Superbowl about 5 years ago and he sounded like shit. In the song 'We don't get fooled again' his famous yell in the song was echoed and reverb'd to try to simulate what he did 40 years ago. Here is a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScA2FqJn9ic

Rock and Roll is a young man's game. A lot of veterans keep it up, and a lot of them look like fools. I don't want to see the Stones in their 70s and every time I see Steven Tyler I want to barf. He is going to need a walker pretty soon and there is just so much that a plastic surgeon and a bottle of hair dye can hide.

The year that John Enrstwhistle died, they were just touring because Roger and John were broke. Pete is very rich from his song writing and "other" projects, but Roger and John are just paid to perform. And John, he died with a hooker and a bag of coke next to him in a Vegas hotel.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pete is very rich from his song writing and "other" projects, but Roger and John are just paid to perform. And John, he died with a hooker and a bag of coke next to him in a Vegas hotel.

Vegas room service is legendary.......

Midnite Toker

Veteran
So, I read some of this earlier and Its been on my mind. I am a huge fan of The Who. Their tunes are the soundtrack to the rebellious life I have led. I saw The new, old "Who" in 2013. Roger asked the crowd to stick with edibles as he was concerned the smoke was messing with his vocal cords. He has had trouble and now is overly protective. Overly protective of the greatest voice in the history of Rock and Roll.
Come on people, RESPECT!
Okay, he would rather you eat a brownie. These guys led the revolution. Yeah they are old. :moon: Maybe you'll get old as well.
:respect:~mT

Latest posts

Latest posts