What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roe v Wade overturned.

moose eater

And another anecdotal exception that led me to wish I could review Peter Lewis' Trust Account, and Rob Kampia's work with Don Young, now deceased, former R Congress critter "for all of Alaska". Don was ABSOLUTELY against ANY decriminalization, etc., of cannabis for years. Wrote to him when we were doing legalization stuff, or just telling the State legislature to leave the 1975 Ravin Decision alone.

Don was ALWAYS, historically, anyway, a frothing-at-the-mouth prohibitionist.. as well as having been investigated numerous times for corruption.

Then low and behold, MPP and Co. do lobbying with Don Young, and he turns around and is -all- about states' rights where the ganja is concerned, and that cannabis in Alaska ought to be legal the way it is. You can probably locate photo ops of him holding pot plants. Seriously.. And smiling. Probably for all the wrong reasons.

Again, I'd like to see Peter Lewis' Trust Fund that was left to MPP, and see how many 'donations' were made to Don. He was known to do back-flips for the right amount of 'donation.' (Search terms include 'Coconut Road Don Young Florida' and 'Wisconsin trucking bill and Don Young', or 'Don Young and Bill Allen/VECO annual crab and pig feed in Anchorage Alaska' as a few examples of Don's DC modus operendi; he unlawfully spent over a $half-million from his campaign chest on pre-emptive legal defense work in 2006, without there even being an indictment, simply learning that they were looking at him).

Last edited:

moose eater

rural state, rural politics. much the same here. here, we consider a politician to be "honest" if he/she STAYS bought...:shucks:
A neighbor tells me that was an Al Capone quote. "The only politician you can trust is a bought politician, because a bought politician stays bought." Or something to that effect.

I'm still trying to figure out the inaccuracies of that quote, if for little other reason than because to accept it seems way too cynical and broad-brush-like, but....

St. Phatty

all the wealthy women in each of the states where abortion is illegal, have access to abortion. And they use it.

if you are going to have equal treatment under the law, you have to give non-wealthy women in those states the same right.

though it's obvious that the US is not about equal treatment under the law.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
every now and then, in spite of the preposterous memes you like to post, you slip up and say the unvarnished truth. thank you...
all the wealthy women in each of the states where abortion is illegal, have access to abortion. And they use it.

if you are going to have equal treatment under the law, you have to give non-wealthy women in those states the same right.

though it's obvious that the US is not about equal treatment under the law.
:good::woohoo:

audiohi

Veteran
49pz45dzsor91.jpg

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Herschel Walker is a great example for abortion rights... he just said that he didn't think Trump said that the election was stolen. What is he running for?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Herschel Walker is a great example for abortion rights... What is he running for?
he and The Chump are neck and neck for "Biggest Hypocrite of the Decade'... The Chump already has it locked up, but Walker is trying his best, along with a supporting cast of GOP clowns hoping to win the Senate.

Absolem

Herschel Walker is a prime example of why the GOP wins elections.

When the GOP candidate is picked the party and voters line up behind them because they see it as the better alternative to a Dem being elected.

Dems would rather lose and set their agenda back, lose the supreme court, because some couldn't stomach Hillary. Losing the SCOTUS sure showed those typically Dem voters and the Party.........................

St. Phatty

Dems would rather lose and set their agenda back, lose the supreme court, because some couldn't stomach Hillary. Losing the SCOTUS sure showed those typically Dem voters and the Party.........................

The Con is that Hillary in any way represented the Democrats or Democratic 'Values' - however they are tallied.

American Pseudo Democracy has a very strange way of letting people vote on Issues.

Why not let them vote on Roe v Wade directly ? via Referendum or Proposition.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The Con is that Hillary in any way represented the Democrats or Democratic 'Values' - however they are tallied.

American Pseudo Democracy has a very strange way of letting people vote on Issues.

Because then we would have been heard.

We're supposed to be getting comfortable with people voting for us.

Look out... you are starting to look like a dissident.

Do you think it's important to uphold freedom or to toe the line?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
if you start doing things like that, the GOP will become totally irrelevant unless you let THEM count the votes...polls show legal/safe abortion approved by around 61% in nearly all circumstances with about 37% saying "never/highly restricted". the younger the voters polled, the higher the approval in all scenarios...i don't see this, OR the GOP changing. the pendulum WILL swing back, and the GOP won't win another national election for the foreseeable future. bank on it...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Abortion is a medical decision not a political decision.
found a foolproof method of avoiding being forced to give birth in states where abortion is outlawed. all a desperate woman would have to do is commit suicide. abortion is a felony now some places. to my knowledge, there is no enforceable law against killing oneself... "no, you don't have to have the baby. would you prefer a pistol, pills, or a razor?" :shucks:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
he and The Chump are neck and neck for "Biggest Hypocrite of the Decade'... The Chump already has it locked up, but Walker is trying his best, along with a supporting cast of GOP clowns hoping to win the Senate.
And through it all, I place very little blame at Herscel Walker's feet. It's very easy to tell he's being manipulated by those who want to use him for their ends. Everybody sees and hears that he is a simpleton. The GOP wants to take advantage of that to further their own twisted agenda.

h.h.

Veteran
And through it all, I place very little blame at Herscel Walker's feet. It's very easy to tell he's being manipulated by those who want to use him for their ends. Everybody sees and hears that he is a simpleton. The GOP wants to take advantage of that to further their own twisted agenda.
Then you can’t blaming trump either.