What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roaring Twenties

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Chopped some plants today. Wet cold weather on the way. Tom’s Haze. One of two plants I chopped. Spaced on photos of the other one.
IMG_6553.jpeg
IMG_6555.jpeg
IMG_6556.jpeg

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Been off the sites and behind schedule, but what’s new. Definitely been having some life things going on. Sold my old property in midtown San Diego but still in it part time for a few months. Been spending more time up at the grove property. Getting planters ready and finally starting some seeds MMJ, vegetables, medicinal herbs. Lots going this season even though I’m four weeks behind.

I think I’ll be taking over the grove property full time. It’s a haul from my kids, but it’s a smart financial move and it offers a lot in the way of future ‘green’ potential. More to come in the future as we kick this ‘24 growing season off.
IMG_7495.jpeg

I‘ve got a number of Ace varieties including some pure Old Timer’s Haze this season. Some of Maha’s newest releases. Some of Nobody’s nursery beans as well a few other neat ones. I’ll put a list up in the next week or two. I’ll also be sprouting a bunch of the new Tom Hill Haze seeds a little later. I’d like to grow a number of them in 1 or 2 gallon pots. Keep them small for selection and some inbreeding. Maybe do the same with some of the ICMag Haze and maybe some from Todd. We will see what comes of it all. So far, the weeds up. Some tomatoes, tomatillos, and a few other things. Lots of the medicinal herbs will take weeks to sprout. Hope I can keep them happy while I wait. I’ve only got one of the many GuerroBerry Berry’s sprouted. I may burn through the last of the Oax x BB seeds just to get one or two more up and hope for at least one male and one female.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
That's a good plan to take over the grove property. It looks like such a good place to grow things. I wish there was a longer grow season here. The first frost here is middle of October so the outside grow is normally 6 months. That sounds like a good grow you have coming up.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here’s some shots of the planters I’m starting.
IMG_7496.jpeg

The deep planters have small logs, sticks and leaves filling about half way up and then the soil mix I put together on top.

IMG_7498.jpeg

I have a couple of planters that are just filled with the planting mix. Pretty much nothing but garden veggies and herbs are going into the planters. Tomatoes, hot peppers, beans, eggplant, tomatillo, cauliflower, cucumber and melon. A few other misc things planted here and there.

IMG_7499.jpeg

There is a fair slope down the hillside I plan to terrace later this summer or early fall. Then put more planters in a flat area 2/3 of the way down. I have space for 100+’ rows if I really want. I’ll likely put a walk way down in the middle and just keep adding planters over the next few years. I plan to establish some medicinal herb perinneal plants down there and have another sloping sunny spot as well. Current soil is decomposed granite and sand. This will be a multi-year project likely to amend the soils. I need to get some bocking planted in different spots for top dressing the soils.

A number of potato bags with new drip lines installed. These only get direct sun till about noon (6 hours), so let’s see how they produce. I have I think 4-5 varieties.

IMG_7500.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts