What's new

Roach Clips - Do people still bother?

robereno

Remember when back in the “olden days” roach clips were a required accessory. They where ubiquitous and even sold at record stores. Creative people were always coming up with artistic ways to hold a roach.

Does anybody still bother with using one? Suppose most people these days are bonging or vaporizing. Being an old hermit, I don’t know what’s going on in the real world. But I’m still curious. :D

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I still have mine but, it's more nostalgia than used. I use a stone holder these days. A flat circular rock with a hole drilled through it. Much easier to light smaller roaches without burning your lips.

Tleom

I have a little trouble holding on to small things these days. Now I hold a roach with a pair of pliers.

bigherb

Veteran
i lov my roach clips or as we say resin blunts

i only smoke the best around n its always somthin wit flava soo had could you not like to taste da rainbow few tokes sour deez few tokes lata so spicy haez few tokes lata som purplewreck damnnn im gettin my excited

plus it burns longer then a regular spliff n its seems you always get more baked

wen iwas younger n we were smokin regs all nite n day we hav soo many clips we would charge people 15 - 20 beans to com smoke out a qp of roach clips 5 duu or 20 kids lol most didnt get threw the end of the chypher home early one by one they stop takin soo many tokes n lil by lil they fade out till its just 3 4 of us honestly i didnt always finish all the L's so the next day we start were we left off but certain few didnt remeber seein only a couple leftthey were lucky that we spread love n didnt hold out

sorry for carrin on but this thread brought me back i miss the good old days

1luvbigherb

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, we used to call the stone with a hole a 'zooey'. I think because when you tried to get that last hit, it would suck through and into your mouth. When you spit it out you'd go, 'zooey!'. I think the original ones were the ceramic tops of swing top beer bottles, like grolsch came in before they switched it to plastic.

I

icmag.is.#1

People still use roach clips. Especially when the stash is gettin low and your tryin to get every bit of it. Most of the time people just use 2 dimes or other change around here

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
We use one of those desktop post it note holders, they have a perfect built in "roach" clip... the part that holes the note.

edit... like this
1000189S.jpg

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doobie clips um...saves the roaches in a shot glass that is filled to the brim...sure stinks...DD

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
I'm strictly vaporizer these days but the wife still loves her joints and her roach clips. She's actually partial to a pair of hemostatic forceps.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
i've got several pairs of hemostatz......use'em on all kinda schit.....wreffer too

ToughGirl

I'm a bowl smoker 99% of the time. When I do occasionally smoke a joint, I use hemostats! They are just strategic roach clips:)

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Cool, we used to call the stone with a hole a 'zooey'. I think because when you tried to get that last hit, it would suck through and into your mouth. When you spit it out you'd go, 'zooey!'. I think the original ones were the ceramic tops of swing top beer bottles, like grolsch came in before they switched it to plastic.
I had a ceramic stone that was part of a keychain.

This obviously was in the years before drug testing circa 1977 or so.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
damn coot, yer showin your age there. i haven't seen a stone in 20sum yrs. i only use clips if passin a J at a party otherwise i like to save the last inch for roach joints when i finish my jar

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Jammie

LOL - yep I'm pretty old. The 40th high school reunion is next month down in So-So-Cal.

I haven't smoked a joint in probably 25 years because I'm probably the world's worst 'roller' ever. I just never got it with regard to that vital skill.

Wee!

CC