What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP David Bowie

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
His works drip with the esoteric, pretty sure those snippets of black star under the black star itself are a message in and of itself, I saw a key that would translate it, but forget where I saw it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
His work is flying off the shelves! YAY! I had numerous cassettes, CD's of his....I think even a few LP's....those are long gone. Tsk.

Liked his work as an actor too. So much talent.

Obsidian

Veteran
Go watch Lazurus and then watch Blackstar and then listen to the album Blackstar.

Just as with Johnny Cash David knew he was dieing. He released his new Album Blackstar 3 days ago on his deathbed.

He must have been in some serious pain, just listen to Lazurus and watch the scenes.
See the hidden messages in Blackstar.

Makes me wonder if he released himself from the pain...

Good Bye Space Cowboy, Major Tom has died...

mistymountain

one of the coolest mug shots in history

David Bowie was arrested in Rochester, N.Y. in 1976 for possession of marijuana...

I knew he had been busted back then, but I never saw the mug shot until today..

That's really cool. I have read a lot of things about the life and career of Bowie but had never read about this before.

Arrested for possession of 182 grams of weed back in the day...
I love him and Iggy Pop even more and hope they were really "guilty" and not just framed by crooked cops.

N

noyd666

nice shot of the man.
picture.php

mistymountain

Bro do I smell a hint of a conspiracy theory?

Cancer kills people from all walks of life, some of them famous like Lemmy, Bowie and Alan Rickman in just some weeks.
Some of them not so famous like my uncle and my father who both had cancer when they died within less than one year's time.

Here's my favourite conversation involving cannabis, cancer and dying (paraphrased, this is black comedy gold to me):
Terence McKenna: do you think my daily cannabis smoking was a factor?
Doctor: no, actually it's been proven that cannabis kills tumor cells.
Terence McKenna: listen, if cannabis kills tumor cells we wouldn't be having this conversation!

Don't forget to take your meds and long life to all.