What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rihana!!!!

madrecinco

Veteran
It is strange to me that we have a Women's Forum here and NOBODY has started a thread in this topic.

Everybody is choosing sides [even OPRAH!]

Not just Rihana...but the subject of domestic abuse period...

It is in a crisis stage currently and even the returning soldiers at CENTCOM near me here are being recorded as up incidences of spousal abuse and even some murders from the PTSD soldiers returning from their 2nd and 3rd tour of duty.

Not just women are abused either....BUT more women are abused by their male partner than the other way around...

Men who happen to join in please be serious as this is a very serious subject. With the sinking economy the incidences are at a peak because of peoples increasing tensions over the economy.

But Rihana certainly was victimized...

BUT TO BE FAIR....Chris grew up in a household where his mother was abused and these guys are most likely to repeat that cycle...sooo Chris needs loving intervention and re education also....HE IS ONLY 19!!!

BUT abuse is not to be tolerated BY ANYBODY!!!!!:wallbash:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any kind of physical violence is wrong imo....doesnt matter who its against. Its very sad that their private life is right there for the whole world to see. He needs to get some anger issues resolved and she should stay away from him, doesnt sound like she is, but we dont know the whole story. People need to respect each other and not cross those boundaries.I agree madre, abuse should not be tolerated at all!

LLCoolBud

Basically what Mrs.Babba said I don't think any sane individual will condone violence in a relationship regardless of the circumstances.Aside from that I have been heavily offended by how much the media assume the worse and exaggerate the circumstances from what anyone really knows. Something occurred that night that's for sure what happened nothing is proof its all speculation and hear say it takes time to find out what really happened. Its all sad really, really sad for both parties and for those who talk and spread hersay without knowing anything other then rumors and there own assumptions.

qdavid

There seems to be more BS associated with this case than most. Irregardless if he's only 19 or how he was raised or whatever. It's feloney assult and battery and he should be in jail. ANYONE else would be. She could have been killed. Did you see the pictures or read what happened?

madrecinco

Veteran
well chris has to pay the price for what he did and I am sure he knows that. But he needs intervention as well as prosecution as he is a victim also from coming from an abusive environment. Rihana should back away until he gets proveable help. Some men can learn that violence is not tolerated no matter what. Some women also for that matter. Anger management and learning alternate ways of dealing with stress is a good way for Chris to go. OTHERWISE women will boycott his records. You see where Ike Turner is these days from beating the hell outta Tina Turner ,,,

But they are 19 and 21 and already rich super stars. That is a lot of pressure for those comin' out of the Ghetto environment. And Rihana is from a macho Brazilian environment where men rule the roost and she needs re education on not accepting violence as normal.

My feminist nurse daughter married a cubano who has been 10 years in this country. Talk about cultural clash...but they are working it out. Education is the way...should be taught from early school years.

K

kallenavndk

It is strange to me that we have a Women's

BUT TO BE FAIR....Chris grew up in a household where his mother was abused and these guys are most likely to repeat that cycle...sooo Chris needs loving intervention and re education also....HE IS ONLY 19!!!

BUT abuse is not to be tolerated BY ANYBODY!!!!!:wallbash:

Nothing fair about a man ho beat up a women....even if he grew up in a house where mum did be abused...I did from i was inside my mums stomic and untill i turned 12 and my mum finally took us away , if he comes fromthat kind of famili he should know better the beat a women.......No excuse the guy is a retard :wallbash:

The main prob women have ...and you see it in this thread :D But but but...he did and its a shame and thats why...an thats why they will keep abuse women more and more ...dont forgive and dont search 4 answer way they did just jump em fight em take the nearest thing and stick it in the suckers eye or ear or something :dueling: No normal guy would beat up a women......

But i like the last thing u write :D

79towncar

What do u say to a woman with 2 black eyes???? Nothing you already told her twice. j/k no man ever should hit a woman unless shes trying to kill him with a knife or soomething. As far as Rhiana, shes the ugliest woman ever. She looks like she grew up next to a nuclear power plant. Her eyes are spaced 3 feet apart.

K

kallenavndk

loool ..Almost like....how to stop blood on your shirt ? give the woman a tissue :D

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
The saddest thing about situations like this is how often trying to help the woman, in whatever way, tends to backfire, they usually end up going back to the abuser and you become the devil.

A friend got badly beaten up recently for intervening when 1 druken guy was beating up his gf on the street, he tried remonstrating with the guy, verbally, and was surprised by a sharp heel getting stuck in his back, they both then jumped on him. I also tried helping my ex, who it turns out, much to everybody's surprise, is getting beaten up by her new bf and got some serious nasty sh1t back.....

It is not good and for the sake of a lot more people than herself, she should DUMP THE CREEP.

Sleepy

Veteran
why did she go back???

why did she go back???

new Rihanna songs...

"Beat Up By My Fella...ella...ella...."

"He Beat Me With My Umbrella..ella...ella..."

"I Should Have Run Away Like A Gazella ella ella" ...

"I Should Have Kicked Him In The Patella ella ella..."

hehehe

madrecinco

Veteran
new Rihanna songs...

"Beat Up By My Fella...ella...ella...."

"He Beat Me With My Umbrella..ella...ella..."

"I Should Have Run Away Like A Gazella ella ella" ...

"I Should Have Kicked Him In The Patella ella ella..."

hehehe

Love can be blind at 21 years old....she came out of the Ghettos of Brazil where machismo is everything and men still rule. She loves Chris but must not accept violence from him. Where the HELL were her bodyguards????

Buddle

Veteran
Nothing fair about a man ho beat up a women....even if he grew up in a house where mum did be abused...I did from i was inside my mums stomic and untill i turned 12 and my mum finally took us away , if he comes fromthat kind of famili he should know better the beat a women.......No excuse the guy is a retard :wallbash:

The main prob women have ...and you see it in this thread :D But but but...he did and its a shame and thats why...an thats why they will keep abuse women more and more ...dont forgive and dont search 4 answer way they did just jump em fight em take the nearest thing and stick it in the suckers eye or ear or something :dueling: No normal guy would beat up a women......

But i like the last thing u write :D

Well said Kallenavndk and congrats to you for being strong and smart enough to not follow the unfortunate example set for you.I can't imagine being in a relationship with someone you're scared to death of.I mean I like excitement but thats just ludacrious.
I read something about the " honeymoon period " This is the make up time abusers give their victims..I'll never do it again.I love you so much bullshit..The victims live for that period apparently..sad.

Kopi16

I strongly believe that people are capable of change. If a man (or woman) has displayed violent behavior towards their significant others in the past and they truly see the error in their abusive ways, then they can change - for the better.

madrecinco

Veteran
It does happen if they get help and learn to deal with stress and manage their anger better. Chris is a victim also and grew up watching his mom get beat. And it is a lot to be a 19 year old rich hip hop idolized star....when suddenly famous and rich some can't handle it.

I have hope for Chris also.....violence can be avoided if people learn it is not the way to solve anything.

Mrs. Swamp

I don't think violence is the answer to any problem. No one really knows what happened except for Rihanna and Chris. The media exaggerates stuff way too much. :2cents:

M

manchild

Rihanna and Chris really do have some serious problems.Chris must be held accountable for his action and Rihanna needs a little help as well.Its hard to listen to Oprah because of her pass and dislike for men.Oprah hates anything that is not similar to Stedmen.She is more like Chris than she realizes.She is very controling.There are all types of abuse.Physical we can see but the mental abuse that women and men trust upon each other is rarely talked about unless the man is on trial or comits domestic violense.I say just deal with the problems or split up.Let time heal the wounds.People like Oprah only confuses the situaton.Dand this is a bad situation for these two young people.

madrecinco

Veteran
Rihanna and Chris really do have some serious problems.Chris must be held accountable for his action and Rihanna needs a little help as well.Its hard to listen to Oprah because of her pass and dislike for men.Oprah hates anything that is not similar to Stedmen.She is more like Chris than she realizes.She is very controling.There are all types of abuse.Physical we can see but the mental abuse that women and men trust upon each other is rarely talked about unless the man is on trial or comits domestic violense.I say just deal with the problems or split up.Let time heal the wounds.People like Oprah only confuses the situaton.Dand this is a bad situation for these two young people.

Mental abuse can leave deeper scars even than physical abuse...erodes your soul and spirit. I have to take CEU's every two years on domestic abuse to maintain my nursing credentials even though I rarely work these days....

Something I learned in those classes is ABUSE is much more widespread than most of us realize. My late husband was a very aggressive driver and if we ever argued while he was driving he would drive even more aggressively and it would sometimes scare the shit outta me as I was in a really bad accident at 19 years old and to this day am fearful of autos....but I do still drive. He knew of my fear...

But my new hubs is the sweetest and gentlest man alive.

But when I did realize this WAS ABUSE I could not confront him about it as he was dying soon and very very ill.

But sometimes I still get angry about it as he WAS aware of my fears as we shared our lives many years.

And I try to make excuses for him as he was a brave hero who sacriftced for his country and just maybe that contributed to his ALPHA male syndrome. He never hit me as my 4 sons and 2 brothers would have whupped his ass! Texas men my boys! Protect their mothers and sisters!

Abuse can be subtle and hard to identify....especially if the person does have some good qualities....Us Texas women are taught to "Stand by our men" and some of us do ....

So I forgive him and blame the Army somewhat for training him to be an insensitive killer which made him colder it seems. And what he went through in Nam was quite grisly if you know history.

So abuse is broad and learn to recognize it AND NEVER ACCEPT IT. He in lots of ways was a really good husband...father...and we were lucky to have him really as he was a good provider and sent me and all our kids to college.

But as a retired nurse I feel it is my duty to spread the word and help if I can in any way.

And may C rest in peace as we all do owe him for his courage and patriotism.

RUDEBOI

Just for the record Rihanna is not from Brazil. She is a Basian beauty from Barbados. Violence is never the answer in a male/female relationship, expressing ones dissappointment and anger must be conveyed another way! JM2C

madrecinco

Veteran
Just for the record Rihanna is not from Brazil. She is a Basian beauty from Barbados. Violence is never the answer in a male/female relationship, expressing ones dissappointment and anger must be conveyed another way! JM2C

Correcto but still MACHISMO RULES there!