What's new

RIDE THE SNAKE - Follow the adventures of snakemanOG in Tent Land

snakemanOG

April 8:

The ones I tied out and down last night looked good today. Those ones usually look fine in a matter of hours and really help to keep the canopy level and to get more light to more bud sites.

snakemanOG

April 10:

Greening up nicely. I may remove some more fan leaves this weekend. I plan on a fairly radical, for me, expirement 4 1/2 weekes into flowering: Taking off nearly all the sun leaves. We'll see how it goes.

snakemanOG

April 19:

Got kind of crazy and took all the sun leaves off today to try something different. Also flushed this morning. Bumped the lights back to 10 on 14 off. Eased back a bit on the nutes, 2 Tsp FloraNova Bloom and 2 mls BloomBastic per gallon, pH is 6.0. Had a temperature spike to 86 and it dried a few of the larger sun leaves out.

Going to be starting a few new seeds tomorrow:
Blue OG
Jack Herer X Purple Bud
Super Sour Diesel
Grand Daddy Purple

They aren't femmed, so hopefully a few turn out girls.

snakemanOG

April 20:

Kind of sickly looking:

Well, this just looks worse everyday. Not sure if it's a nutes problem, heat problem or what's going on. I took the nutes down a bit and got better ventilation going, so we'll see how it goes.

Changed my mind a bit and started soaking my next seeds:

Blue OG
Jack Herer x Purple Bud
Grape Ape or Fruity Pebbles (Can't remember which it is)
3 X Unknown from the same collection the one I have going now came from.

snakemanOG

April 21:

Some bud shots, the first one is the same one from last night. The rest are just random ones.

They look better with the lights out.

snakemanOG

April 25:

I untied everything I had tied down and out and removed all of the training stakes that were in there today. She really stretched up pretty noticeably. I may try another flush tomorrow. Still losing a lot of leaves on the bud sites and it's really slow developing trichs. The leaves get almost waxy and then dry out and fall apart as they die. No idea what's causing it.

snakemanOG

Made some changes

Made some changes

Well, my last run went REALLY badly, ended up only getting about 2 ounces. It has a pretty odd smell and taste, but it gives a nice heady buzz. I had asked for nutrient suggestions in that forum, and the general consensus was I needed to bump my lights up and stick with one brand of nutes instead of mixing and matching.

Based on the suggestions I made the following changes:

Lights: Went from a 150 watt HPS to a 400 watt dimmable light. Currently I'm at 300 watts to help keep temps down.

Soil: Changed to a different potting mix that doesn't have fertilizer pre-mixed in.

80-90% Sphagnum
Perlite
Limestone
Wetting agent

Nutes: Was using Iguana Juice mixed with Pure Blend Pro for vegging and FloraNova Bloom plus BloomBastic for flowering.

Currently using the General Hydroponics FloraNova line.

FloraNova Grow 7-4-10
FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7
RapidStart 1-0.5-1
Liquid KoolBloom 0-10-10
Floralicious Plus 2-0.8-0.02

With my current run I'm also trying SCrOG to see how it goes. I had to start the run with my old 150 for the first 3 weeks of vegging, but put the new light in today and shift flowering after they adjust.

Trying Jack Herer X Purple Bud, Gorilla Glue and an unknown indica.

June 12:

June 15:

June 16:

June 17:

Last edited:

snakemanOG

Got in there today and took a lot of the lower leaves off the JH x Purple bud.

Currently giving:

2 ml FloraNova Grow 7-4-10
2 ml FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7
1 ml RapidStart 1-0.5-1
1 ml Floralicious Plus 2-0.8-0.02
Per gallon pH 6.0

JH x PB is taking 1.5 quarts a day.
The Gorilla Glue and unknown Indica are taking about a quart a day.

I've been feeding 3 days, then just water the fourth day.

Nutes get adjusted a bit Sunday. Not positive it's the new nutes I'm using or not, but I have noticed a big difference in the smell. With previous runs I didn't start to notice the smell until 4 or 5 weeks into flowering. This time it started smelling after 2 weeks of vegging.

June 30:

snakemanOG

Used some twine and a milk jug full of water to tie a main branch down and out on the JH x PB. Really leveled things out nicely and allowed a lot more shoots to get better light.

July 1: