What's new

Rhinos Run in Circles

whatthe215

Veteran
beautiful garden FF. :)

i think i needa try some of those Perma Rs, seems like everyone has em.

was wondering how large your cages are? diameter specifically.

and have you tried different sizes for different distances from the lamp?

I love my dripclean :) 1ml/gal it's like magic.

woodburner sounds real cool!

keifsweat

i got a few questions... thinking about doing something very similar in the near future..
1. what size pots
2. how many plants per light
3. how tall were those plants when they went into bloom?
4. what size ventilation needed?

thank you 1 luv

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Ilovecoconuts & whatthe215,

The cages are about 38" in diameter. One is 36". I didn't plan really for my cage size. I made it as big as I could, but still allow me to crawl around in there. I threw these up kinda quick right before my leave away. It was a bitch because I was already into flower. They are also super flexible so they might not be perfect circles.. I'd say diameter varies from 36" - 40".. If I measure from my lamp to the perimeter of the cage where the plant is I'm about 18" on most plants.

Last grow I let them stretch through the screen and hooked them back against the cage. This round I'm going to keep them behind the cage for the most part. My colas get sidelight pretty much the whole time as opposed to saggin' into the lights for better penetration, but just don't have enough space here.

keifsweat,
These are 2 gal Smart Pots. Previous grows they've been sitting on the bare concrete ground, but I've got them sitting on on empty 2 plastic gal pots right now because I was flushing them with tons of run-off, and thought maybe the capillary action with the cold concrete might have been part of my issues.

6 plants per light right here. I've done up to twelve. (I think in my original "This is how I blumat in circles" thread) 6 seems to be pretty good.

How tall.which round? The 1st round was massive because I managed to get a loose wire somewhere in my main panel and it was not allowing me to go to 12/12 until I sorted whatever electrical issues was preventing my lights from flipping reliably.

Ventilation in this room is 14" Max Fan/ Can Filter 150. I don't prefer the 14 over the 10 because the 10 maintains CFMs better through length of ducting and resistance. The 14" falls off quickly so I'll be using it for scrubbing in my sealed room after this and use the 10" exhausting this circles room (should it continue). After this crop I'm not running this donut room again.. just gonna focus on my sealed tree space.

This round, my last pictures pretty much shows their height at the flip. They are around top of the cage now ~week later or so. They are however sitting on those 2 gal pots so I can drop them back down a foot or so depending on how the stretch goes.

Here is that last pic
picture.php

They are already stretchin like crazy. At first I wasnt thrilled with this Rhino, but it actually looks to be a pretty good for this application.

Sorry I'm not really good at all the details. I just wing it really, and not really yet dialed like a lot of growers here. Every grow is different usually. All these coco troubles I've been frustrated with lately havnt been helping either. I'm just happy to be getting to the chop the last few grows.

Im using all my current juice up and then I'm gonna focus on running Jacks through all sorts of grow methods. I think I need a littler refresher to get me back on point and fully enjoying the garden again. Really I need to get the hell off these forums and start accomplishing more shit. Not enough hours in a day and way too much spent on here. :)

farmari

Ventilation in this room is 14" Max Fan/ Can Filter 150. I don't prefer the 14 over the 10 because the 10 maintains CFMs better through length of ducting and resistance. The 14" falls off quickly so I'll be using it for scrubbing in my sealed room after this and use the 10" exhausting this circles room (should it continue).

Indeed the 14 Max Fan is great when the static pressure is low, extremely efficient. Going from a 8" Valuline to a 14" Max I'm using nearly the same watts with over twice the cfms. But it's only hooked up to 3ft of ducting, one right angle, and a massively oversized filter.

This is gorgeous, very similar to mine, plant circles around the lights. Giving me good ideas. I've been toying with the idea of cages around the lights, flipped my ladies a little to early this round so keeping the out of the lights hasn't been a problem but with beauty bushy trees like yours I imagine its necessary. Love the look of the wall of bud once they are in the screen and tied up.

The little pots look funny on such big plants, reminds me of Chris Farley being a fat man in a little coat. Ha Big plant in a little pot.....Obviously works though. Keep on it.

Feel your pain on the Coco, I did one round with a few plants and said fuck it. Ion exchange and cation mumble jumbo is too much for me. Peat and lots perlite/grostones is where its at for soiless imo.

Looking good!

keifsweat

Thanks for the quick reply... I was refering to the first massive one..where u had to leave for 2 weeks. But i guess a more important piece of info would be... how tall from floor to the tops of ur cages?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Think the cages are 4' or 54" or so.

Here are some current shots of the ladies.. ~early bloom. Looking like they are set to impress.. but how they'll turn out is anybody's guess.

Going to clean em up after stretch is over. Previous issues of overfert/lockout, but I think I've got it sorted.

Ran out of maxibloom.. said fuck it and decided to switch this to Jacks + Cal Nit. I drained my blumat barrels and hitting them with lots of run-off with jacks mixed to .9EC and Cal Nit added to give me a final of 1.5EC Will continue to hand drench with lots of run-off for a few days and then back to blumat reservoirs filled to a total of 1.2EC. No other additives. pH lands on 5.8 without any adjustment.. nice.

I didnt flush my prior shit out... just started hitting them with Jacks. Will this give me problems? What is the proper procedure for switching nutes mid-bloom in coco?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

THriveCompany

Looking good Flower.... with switching nutes mid flower id just clean rez and make up jacks rez and rock and roll....

Desert Hydro

Veteran
looking good as ever. this thread has gotten me wanting to try out a vert bare bulb donut with my spare 600's and see what happens.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hey ff, i was wondering what advice you would give to my new setup. i am only allowed 12 plants at a time so i wanna do some bigguns. i have 4 600w lumateks i can devote but i can pick up more if suggested. do you think i should train around donuts or just leave em be and try and hang the lights in between the plants/rows like ive seen elsewhere?

D

DaveTheNewbie

why not 3 donuts and the fourth light in the middle between the 3 donuts?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Yea.. that'd be cool. Just 3 donuts (4 plants each) with that 4th lamp in the middle hitting the backsides of the circles.

12 plants flowering? or all together?
You could do the diamond thing and do 5 600w lights in a X, with 4 trees in a diamond pattern. (Krusty Bucket Layout)

Or... what I would likely do with only 4 600w is the below. Or emulate my setup, but just don't bother with the center light hitting the backsides..

2 Donuts.. each with 2 600w stacked for a total of 1200w per donut. 6 plants around each. I don't have experience with stacking the lamps, but a 1200w stack with 6 trees around it sounds pretty nice.

D

DaveTheNewbie

2 Donuts.. each with 2 600w stacked for a total of 1200w per donut. 6 plants around each. I don't have experience with stacking the lamps, but a 1200w stack with 6 trees around it sounds pretty nice.

i like stacked lights if your growing trees because you have multiple sources of light and dont get blocked as easily.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Well.. update. Despite my frustration with everything I've had going on.. the show must go on.

Got a heck of a case of the claw. I've flushed with RO several times and then saturated with Jacks/CalNit 1.2EC until run-off. Input EC is the same as output EC so I don't think I have accumulation issues anymore, however I'm worried the damage has already been done. Still off blumats..watering daily as I've been trying to correct/hault these issues.

Same story as always.. A bit more claw this garden, but overall we are progressing through flowering with nice bud development.... slow yellowing/leaf death from the bottoms up... sometimes up in the middle. Hopefully I can fend it off until harvest. I'd give anything to harvest some buds right now that don't have yellow/brown leaves needing surgically removed from the colas.

The goods news is.. I'm pretty sure my issues are directly isolated to this White Rhino I've been running. Ran a few other strains in a remote tent given the same juice. Everything looks great.. The rhinos looks like shit. A few friends I've gifted this Rhino too are struggling with her as well. Super low feeder maybe? I've been giving myself perpetual stress.. cropping this everywhere with subpar garden after another.. Its time for a change.. a much due change.

This room is done after this run. Putting coco on the back-burner for a while and going to play around with PPKs here, and PureKnowledge's water only soil mix in another location or 2. I'm keeping a bonsai mom of this rhino because I refuse to let her win, but will be switching mainly to running a few other cuts I've gotten. The DeathStar & A.Mango mothers I've got right now see to be taking anything I throw at them and look great.

clawed up. Is this reversible? Should I continue with Jacks/CalNit at 1.2 EC? I've flushed with plain RO and then watered with 1.2EC. I've done this several times.. sometimes hitting with 1.2 immediately after flushing with RO.. a few times let them have just the RO.. and then proceeded with 1.2 the next day.

pH is always high 5s.
Temps high 70s. ~RH around 50%
middle light has been turned off... everything is way too close to it and I keep forgetting to get twine/string, etc to get things supported away from it so that I can turn it back on.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

How would you proceed to get these ladies to harvest without dying leaves getting to the flower sites?

On a personal note...

Unfortunately I'm at a struggle with my significant other. She is pursuing a new career and the stress has worn on her over the last decade. As of late she doesn't want to be living above it anymore. Not against the plant.. but fears she'd be charged as well in a bust and ruin her intended career. I can't blame her however we've been through this before. Tired of living in fear as a result of my passion....

I grow here.. it stresses her out, but I'm here. Things are generally easy.. I can bounce back and forth between couch time with the lady and the basement.

I grow remote... out of sight, out of mind, but I'm home really late..and more stressed myself. (extra overhead, time, "the unknown", etc, etc). I've done vacant remote before and we decided its best to bring it home. I think I could it again successfully, but location is 100% key. I need to be rural/private so I can come and go in peace/secrecy. Our home now is ideal, and the mini split is installed, but I guess it time to start looking for another means..

I'd like to run 7 PPK trees here while I look for other avenues to continue growing, but we'll have to see. Mainly my own fault because I talk about it too much..and the stresses of plant issues have certainly not been helping. She's on the fence about the best way (safest) to go about it, but I can tell it's not good for her.

..wish my state would just go medical and I could participate in the business with more acceptance and at ease. This is what I do and will continue to do, but I need to change things up a bit so that it doesn't negatively effect my life partner. Don't think I'd have a problem if I did this full time.. I could just go to work, but is a struggle to fit it all in post 9-5 and still maintain a healthy relationship.

Any advice?

Latest posts

Latest posts