What's new

Rhinos Run in Circles

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Whats up my crazy vertical cats?

Circles room back in full force and been needing flipped. I've been having trouble with my electrical over here on this side of the basement. Flipped to 12/12 yesterday and the lights are not kicking on using my light controller. They work fine @ 120v, and work fine when plugged into the controller when successfully powered, but not flipping on/off using either the trigger cable nor flipping the breaker in the panel. Its very odd. Volt meters shows panel operating normal.. its either something in the panel or the fact that I've currently got 600w lamps in my 1k Lumateks turned down. Going to toss em back to 1k with 1k lamps and hopefully things start striking reliably. Not the rely.. I've tried both a HPH-4 and AutoPilot 4. Same issue on each.

Anyways.. thats not how I wanted to start this thread, but that is the reason these things are so massive. Gonna need to fence these rhinos up somehow.. like yesterday.

Not even sure if this is possible, but I'm going to try to cage these, massive thining/stripping, and hope for the best. I'll be leaving for nearly 2 weeks mid-bloom.

Fuck me.. here goes..

A step into my circles room. We'll try 5k, but I might stick to 4k in the circles with a 600w in the middle...with the sixer running of a regular outlet.

White Rhino - Day 1 Flower of Lights ON after initial flip.
Never ran this before.
picture.php

this is the middle hole.. have not ran a light here at all this grow due to heat and lack of electrical means. Will be either 1k or 600w starting..ah tomorrow. Need to get that cord up...dont have my net ceiling in here for easy hookage... its a foam ceiling
picture.php

standing in a middle wedge. attempted a lights on pic through LUMii glasses..
picture.php

2 back circles
picture.php

sort of my view sticking my head in there. I dunno how I'm going to do this. Not really gonna be able to get in there with cages. hopefully a good strip down/defoil will allow me to cage/tie and maybe secure everything earlier enough on that I wont have to really enter.
picture.php

Any questions..just ask.

Jbonez

Veteran
Ankle shackled to this thread.. Fuuuuuuuuck me man, that is tits...

How much veg time do they get?

G

GMax

damn bro you werent kidding that is going to be a jungle !!! i hope you will be even able to move around in there no joke

looks like a killer simple and effective setup..if i ever start doing trees this definately be how i would do it!! plants completely surrounded by bulbs and a center circle of super bud....not a wasted lumen in the house! i like it

you have your lights shaped like a dice that rolled 5, correct??

that is fucking awesome!! weed circles ftw :lurk:

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Didnt keep track of veg.. need to step my game and get more organized. I got a lot going on..and thats after work. Why do I still go there again?
I either need to get a calender and use it or just start documenting from root.. Admittedly, I spend too much time here, and not enough in the basement.

G,
Love crop circles. Lights in a X pattern.. circles around the 4 corner lamps with 1 lamp in the middle hitting their backsides. I switched to it after turning a complete newbie buddy onto it with a $2k barebone budget. He was instantly crushing my yields with stupid simple rings of coco plants around lamps. That is return on investment. I sold all of my reflectors immediately.

I went from 1-1.2 lb per Daystar AC 4x4 footprint to around 1.7 out of my 2nd circles room.
I did like that I could trellis a horizontal garden and be hands off... there is no entering this room and not returning without stinking up the place.

I will forewarn that this might turn out a total disaster, but I'll post updates regardless... I've gotta leave for 1.5 weeks mid bloom. This room as over-vegged as it is with an unknown strain is already asking for trouble...let alone that gamble of just leaving when things start swelling up.

My plan is to strip and cage.. protect from anything getting too close to lamps.
3 raised reservoirs feed the blumats. Right now I'm pumping up there manually from a mix I do down low. I'll likely link them all up to a lower res to circulate with more volume as I'm pretty sure 165gal wont last me 1.5weeks.. I left for 7 days before and my barrel feeding 2 circles was dangerously low when I returned.

Luckily the blumats have done me well in terms of reliability.. I'm confident I can leave so long as I can keep things out of the lights and enough res volume..

...running to knock on wood now

Delta's thread has be itchin for some PPKs though.. so keep your eyes peeled.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Small update.

Here we are 2 weeks in - Day 14 flower.

I got them stripped up a little bit of lower non-producing flower sites as well as a light thinning. Things are stretching like crazy..hopefully it'll slow down a bit because everything is looking great right now - position wise.

I got a sample of SeaGreen and Rootamentry and added that to my top-up juice at 1mL/Gal. I was originally intending to just drench some veg plants I've got going for another spot along with 7 bushes that'll go into my sealed room when its harvested. My buddy is using the stuff and loves it. I cant tell that it really did anything profound as I've been hearing people rave about, who knows..

Unfortunately after I mixed a batch of it I found myself needing RO for my other blumat reservoirs. I had nowhere to pump/store this seagreen mix so I hesitantly sent it up to one of the blumats reservoirs..furthermore I topped up my 1 barrel feeding 2 circles with it... This stuff produces a black "bio-film" so I'm crossing my fingers that it wont give me any problem with my blumats. Likely a foolish move, because if things start clogging up in my back 2 circles I really dont have the room to get back there and re-set them.

Got as big of cages in there as I could. Its looking good, but still unsure if they will be far enough away to prevent scorching/foxtailing, etc. I literally made the diameter as big as I could and already cant move throughout very well. One circle is yet to be caged as is the middle. Going to need to cut a new door to this room so that I can enter between 2 circles and crawl to the middle where I likely wont cage for space concerns, but just really try to tie back to the outer cages.

Its a jungle in here, but I like what I'm seeing so far. Going to try to get in here and tie everything within the cage back so that it doesnt lean in as it gets heavy. Also might do some more slight thinning, but I dont think I'm gonna go too crazy as I used to when growing horizontally.

picture.php

Glad I turned off the lights to take a shot because I discovered a smoked lamp. Cool picture. This thing was actually still working, but a real fuzzy slightly dimmed HPS output. I didnt realize it because all lamps where working, but upon turning off the lamps this is what I discovered. I guess that is what I get for cheaping and going plantmax in this room. Swapped out for a new one...hopefully no more grow as we progress into flower as once things start getting sticky it'll be hard to get to anything in here

picture.php

I've got 1.7lb/ light on my 2nd circles room with more, but smaller plants around the lamps. This grow looks to be effectively covering much more SQ Footage so I'm hoping to crush that. 2lb per would be a dream come true. I've been growing horizontally for a decade with no better then 1-1.2lb per light. Vertical is where its at.

Wish me luck. Gotta leave here shortly come Dec....I'm praying they keep on truckin' while I'm gone.

:tiphat:

pip313

So you veg in the same room? I'm trying to do multiple large plants also but cant see using the flower room for veg. I have no veg room. If you do veg in the flower room do you feel its worth the longer wait or do you have multiple rooms?

Jamorg13

Wow dude awesome grow. I think you will do fine leaving for the 1.5 weeks. These bitchs are hard to kill, i see idiots all the time who mistreat their plants so horribly its amazing that they harvest anything.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Thanks jmorg.

pip313,
I normally do some veg in the HPS room. These plants were rooted and a bit of a pre-veg under T5. Because the room was currently empty prior to this run I then moved them out of a solo cup and into 2 gal root pots and all around a single vertical 600w..as they aged I spread them around around the 4 corner lamps.. around 5-6 plants per lamp. Was having some electrical issues as I had a short somewhere in my panel so they were left to veg a lot longer then anticipated.

I dont really keep track of my veg time. Technically this circles room should be dedicated to veg for my sealed flower room, but I'm tryin to take advantage of winter and pop off another flower room. Both my rooms are flowering right now with only a single t5 and LED for veg. I'm not super calculated which likely hurts me in my crops per year number, but right now I'm just trying to keep thing cycling and flowering however I can manage. It'd be nice to have adequate veg wattage to keep this 5k circles room in bloom only rotation as well as the 6400w-8000w sealed tree room in my sig, but I'm already steep in the juice department. I've already got around 12k burning + 33k btu split and sante fe dehumidifier. Plus.. I'm on a GE e-meter in a non-med state. Its nice because nobody needs to come on my property, but hopefully I'm not digging a grave here with excessive usage. Fortunately juice isnt as bad here.. I'm around $700/month, but that could have included some veg at full wattage.. and also might not have had the cirlces room in full swing. We'll see where it goes from here. I could likely benefit from another 2000w space or so for veg and just try to keep my rooms staggered.

pip313

Are you going back to 600w bulbs when you leave? Less yeild is better than none, I go through 5 gal a day on my 1 large plant so I could only imagine leaving for that long, it would suck. I am 2 weeks ahead of you but your leaving in 2 weeks and we both have very large rhino plants surounded by multiple bulbs.

I definately want to see a harvest from this style.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Good idea. Depending on how close things are by the time I leave I'll dim them down while I'm away.

Decreasing the wattage smack in the middle of bloom is not something I'm really loving, but better safe then sorry I guess. If I do so, I'll never know what I shoulda/coulda pulled out of this room had I not reduced things for nearly 2 weeks. Will have to make that decision the closer I get to departure. Leaving just as things are starting to bulk is not something I'm thrilled about, but I have no choice in the matter.

Never ran this strain before so hopefully it does not disappoint. No idea where it came from, but believe my 'newer grower' buddy ordered it offline when he was just getting starting. I'll have to ask him what breeder it is. He was actually just talking about letting it go because he likes other local gear he got his hands on that yield better. It does look well suited to vertical compared to other more compact varieties I've ran.

Where is the Rhino that you're running from?

pip313

It came from my former caregiver as a clone, he claimed to have it for "years" which was 3 years ago. So maybe a original one, maybe a knock off.

It takes up to 10 weeks to flower
Has hollow stems
Grows tall
Has very fat long leaves
Smells fruity
Yeilds huge. 36 gram dry nug from former caregiver, unknown method (probibly sog) house and garden nutes.

I broke 3 branches off so far because I havent tied them to the celing yet.

I honestly didnt want it, I was supposed to get a chronic that smelled like blueberry. He dropped it (chronic) claiming it was a hermie, I never seen a nanner in it. His galaxy god bud is hermie,barely, I have that too.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I used to hate taller plants, but now gone vertical it seems as though it really is a more desirable trait.

Here are some more shots of what I've got going with these Rhinos. 3 of these cages I installed prior the plants have grown through and still at risk of becoming too close and/or tipping into the lamp as things get heavy. I've been using Christmas ornament hooks to grab each top and pin it back against the cage.

My 4th circle (entrance circle) I delayed caging up as it would have prevented my access. I finally have a cage around it but they are rather leaning against the cage vs. having the chance to reach up through it. Kept this on 600w longer then the others.

I've cut a new door in my foam room so I can pop up in one of the wedges. Luckily these things are tall enough that I've thinned out their lowers and can crawl through army style to get to my middle light/canopy opening. I plan to tie these back (no cage) so that I can use this area as "working room".

But likely once these sticky up I wont be able to do anything but maybe crawl and watch.. popping up for a look in a wedge or two between circles. This is the view directly inside my new door/hole standing up.

picture.php

Pinned back circle to right.
picture.php

picture.php

More shots as I've got more time. Hacking away at my sealed room now.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Welp,

Luckily this room survived my 2 week leave. No dry ups or run-aways. I returned to find deficiencies and leaf death moving from the bottoms up, but luckily the buds still look good. Coming down in a week.. right around the new year so I'm just topping with RO at this point/no nutes.

Not sure why I've been having so much trouble with 6/9 in RO, but I'll be switching back to maxibloom @ 7g/gal w/ a bit of pro-silicate for a hair of a pH bump after this run. H3ad recipe has just been giving me too many issues despite daily waterings w/ run-off and ultimately put on blumats for flower.

Not sure what I'm going to get here, but these circles are definately the fullest I've seen them. Should have likely done a bit more thinning, but with my forced 2 week leave and christmas I just couldn't find the time. I did drag my sante fe from my sealed room over near the intake of this circles room to drop my RH as low as possible to prevent bud rot or other mold issues due to all of the dieing leaves. I've been crawling in there to remove anything that pulls off with a slight tug, but its really a never ending task.

The cages.. although maybe just a hair too small in diameter worked a treat.

picture.php

picture.php

I ran things dimmed down while I was gone and 1 lamp that remain un-caged for some time stayed at 600w for nearly the whole grow so I have no idea what yield will be, but hopefully I still pull 7+ lbs out of this space... who knows.. it definitely looks like I've got a lot of buds circling these bulbs, but only time will tell.

D

DHF

Glad things worked out while yas were gone FF.......Lotta nuggage in those donuts Bro.......

Hope bud density is on yer side come bag and tag time when all`s said and done.......

Happy Ho Ho and here`s wishin fer a Healthy , Happy , and HEAVY Harvey.........

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

D

DaveTheNewbie

how do you move about in there? A mouse couldnt get about. awesome pictures

Latest posts

Latest posts