What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

satva

Veteran
What's the difference between trippy & psychedelic?

The two terms can be used interchangeably. My thoughts on defining two of the classic cannabis highs of the 1970's is this: one is more other worldly or heavenly, and one more grounded to the earth and your awareness of your world.

I use trippy for a high similar to a 1970's LSD-25 "trip. LSD altered the thinking process created increased mental activity significantly and increased choices about mental and spiritual decisions. Some say it helped connect with a greater cosmic order and other worldly experiences. I use the term clinical as your increased mental impulses are often psychoanalytic and abstract.

I use psychedelic when the high is similar to psilocybin mushrooms. The effect is more spiritual and euphoric. Your perception of the world changes and sensory perceptions are heightened. Less of a cerebral shift and more an awareness or environmental shift. Your awareness of music, sight, feelings, and touch are heighten. Experience is more grounded and experiential, you might experience your connection to the world as raw energy, Don Juan's definition of "Seeing" or rolling waves of energy, shimmering light, light trails and so on. There is a sense of contentment with life "as it is". In Sanskrit satva means "as it is" or well being.

One difference in the two experiences is trust or "Let it Be" which is a grounded earthy approach, giving up struggling with life rather than constantly psychoanalyzing your world, or seeking out of body and other worldly experiences. This approach often results in too much mental activity for your own good.

Last edited:

l33t

Veteran
Trippy means when you feel like you went for a trip and came back, similar feeling in a sense that you left your place and went somewhere else, like holidays . For example when you come back you would be like " Wow what a trip !"

Psychedelic is a greek word and literally means manifestation of the psyche ( soul ) . In everyday words someone is analyzing/exploring/playing with his psyche/mind/soul. You can have a psychedelic experience just by looking your hands and having an existential crisis for example.

A psychedelic experience can obviously feel like a trip ( like you left your place and came back ) but I would never use the terms interchangeably since they have a totally different meaning.

Genghis Kush

the difference is subjective really since a "trip" in this sense came into modern parlance as a means to describe the experience of taking psychedelic drugs.

regardless of the dictionary definitions people use the words interchangeably (as you said)

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
This line gives me the most beautiful plants I could ever imagine to set eyes on And it's not even about the looks

My Red South East Europeans @ 24 days flowering / 100% organic under MH/HPS

View Image

View Image

Hi l33t! Wonderful plant!! I love her pink/red hairs :)!! It seems what we call "Calabrese red"!! It was a lost strain cultivated in deep South of Italy, on the Aspromonte massif 20 or most years ago!! Save this strain or this pheno, it has a great value for cannabis history :)!! Will do you cross it with other strain or pheno? Bye!! :wave:

l33t

Veteran
Hi I really wouldn't be surprised if there is any link ! I keep the strain pure and I have created 36 lines from 3 brothers and 12 sisters to test the best combinations.. This strain has one of the smallest trichomes but its very frosty

28 days flowering 11/13 HPS+MH 100% organic

picture.php

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Leet

From what I understand Lebanese Red is made from late season flowers .
Blonde is made from early harvests .

Why do you think the variety is Leb Red ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dog Star

Veteran
About hashish that is a very true Elmer...

never hurd for Lebanon Red cannabis strain... there is a Lebanese strain but not Lebanese Red strain... good question Elmer.

l33t

Veteran
As far as I know, Red labanese ganja plants are different to the Moroccan/lebanese hash plants . Why don't you google red lebanese, you will see many examples of the red strain. I am not so sure how related the ganja plants to the hash plants and if my line is related to the red leb. My assumption are based on morphology and rumours. Yes I know about Red Leb hash.

red_lebanese_70s.jpg

B

blue_tick

good grief how would you like to scrape that off your hands lol. that ole boy's been busy

peace

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Leet

Red strain to make brown / red resin ??
I have googled Lebanese cannabis many times .

I disagree purple / red plants giving darker resin . Thats the trichs not anthocyanin or plant colours .
The early or late harvest determines the colours of the trichomes and the hash .

If the colour of the calyxes effects the hash . Then its not very good hash that has lots of impurities such as plant matter and dirt changing the colour .
Good hash reflects the colours of the trichs . Not the colours of the plant material it came from .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

l33t

Veteran
G`day Leet

Red strain to make brown / red resin ??
I have googled Lebanese cannabis many times .

I disagree purple / red plants giving darker resin . Thats the trichs not anthocyanin or plant colours .
The early or late harvest determines the colours of the trichomes and the hash .

If the colour of the calyxes effects the hash . Then its not very good hash that has lots of impurities such as plant matter and dirt changing the colour .
Good hash reflects the colours of the trichs . Not the colours of the plant material it came from .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Huh ? What are you talking about ?

Please reread my post.

PS Btw I agree about resin/plant colour but I have to tell you there are exceptions that also make pink stuff inside the glands and make purple hash and the pink stuff is there early and doesnt look like typical oxidization. I have seen it because I have a biological microscope. As I said Im not sure what my line is and if it's related to red leb, mine looks pretty thin leaved but not like some south African and some Asian.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day L33t

Ok ...
I now understand what you are saying .

Rumors have it that it is a Red Leb x Thai... L33t .
Leet .

Red Leb Ganja plant .
The world over if you say Red Leb , people will associate it with Red Leb Hashish .

Was there a ganja smoking culture in Lebanon that we are unaware of ?

You did not clarify this rare Red Lebanese ganja from Red Leb hash . Hence the confusion .

The pic of the Red Lebanese plant .
The hand in the pic looks like he`s been doing some Charas hand rubbed stylee ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
in my 40+ years of smoking, never had trippy/psychedelic weed... never:frown::frown:

still growing and looking for such weed, just haven't found it yet... if it exists...

Its as easy as ordering seeds. Ace Zamaldelica (very trippy) Malawi or Purple Haze Malawi (both are more mildly trippy - purple haze tends to make things more dreamy)

For me the difference between psychadelic and trippy is: Trippy generally involves borderline visual hallucinations, seeing at 2-5 frames per second, blurred motion, etc. Psychedelic is more dream like, more "floaty". Lysergic is more deeply moving, gut tightening, similar to the come up on mushrooms or the scared, omg feeling you get mid cliff jumping.

To be fair though, all three terms are semi interchangeable and some lines have hints or feelings of all three terms.

Mystic Funk

Anyone here run any Guerrero?
This one is in early flower. sorry she's looking a little sad right now. had a little bug problem. I've had this one for 10 years or so.
she does better outside. the high is very up clear headed. good day time smoke and the buds smell just like garlic and onions.
picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
in my 40+ years of smoking, never had trippy/psychedelic weed... never:frown::frown:

still growing and looking for such weed, just haven't found it yet... if it exists...

Hi Zachrockbadenof,

Have you ever smoked Thai Stick or Sumatran from back in the day? Those are the definition of powerful trippy weed, from my perspective.

Hi Terpene - I agree with you about the Zamaldelica. Other than rare phenos of Haze or Haze hybrids, Zamaldelica is the closest I've found to trip weed. The Malawi is something else altogether to me, at least from the hybrids I've tried. I really wish the Zamal x Meao Thai would get released from ACE. I have also found Bangi Haze individuals that are trippy in a mellower but extremely clean version.

I found a SAGE individual that is also a plant with mild trippy effects. It has Haze in it as well as a highly regarded Mexican strain. Certain high quality Mexican strains were trippy back in the day.

I have had Burmese from VISC that was trippy, and I've included it into my outdoor line. I'm planning on crossing my outdoor line to Bangi Haze and SAGE.

ThaiBliss

Mystic Funk

Chimera's 1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry

<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65726&pictureid=1574784" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58831&pictureid=1399278" target="_blank">View Image
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65904&pictureid=1567213" target="_blank">View Image
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53688&pictureid=1252768" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53688&pictureid=1252765" target="_blank">View Image

those look very nice. glad to see some still around.
did you get the blueberry smell or more spicy?

mexicani-ar

Anyone here run any Guerrero?
This one is in early flower. sorry she's looking a little sad right now. had a little bug problem. I've had this one for 10 years or so.
she does better outside. the high is very up clear headed. good day time smoke and the buds smell just like garlic and onions.
View Image
View Image

Nice Guerrero you have their Mystic Funk, here is my Acapulco Gold from Bodhi / N.S.T. , saludos Mexicani-ar

Attachments

• IMG_20160413_024649.jpg
    IMG_20160413_024649.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts