What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Thanks guys :tiphat:

The smell from the bud it came from was strong berry (blueberry and red wine I'd call it) with a spicy, lavender/floral background. The effect was very euphoric and spacey/dreamy with positive vibes and some trippy qualities; similar to a good example of purple haze, albeit more grounded with a slightly rougher comedown. The bud was purple, but more a light shade (indoor) than the near black on this outdoor run (nights around 50-55 F). The stem rub on this one has been berry, floral.

vermontman

wow looking very good, nice colors

8weeks?

regards
:tiphat:

Hello TDK
Thank you, They are supposed to be landrace Sativa from Baglung Nepal originally and grown line bred for years in Denmark, outside grown. I guess there is a great deal of variation in climate and many micro climates there throughout the India regions. If they are true sativa? Maybe somebody out there can, give their opinion? They seem very uniform. Maybe a Sativa adapted to colder high elevation from many generations ago Developing into a faster landrace? I believe even the longest flowering sativas can be made to bloom faster just through many years of selection and the right environment. After all Marijuana is one of the fastest adapting species in the plant kingdom. All I can say other than that is I am quite pleased with them thus far.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Baglung Nepali landrace sativa finished 8 weeks

Beautiful plants indeed, I've also had that purple pigment experiece with some other blackish plants this season as the Peyote or Lilly, I've even used some leaves to "paint" with them over a paper and see their true colors! I'm sure you could make a beautiful crimson purplish ink with grounded dried leaves from those diluted in some water or something like that! lol.

Most pics from this Nepali cultivar I've seen were gorgeous. Potency and high wasn't stellar from what I've read but looking forward to hear your opinion after smoking on them my friend! ;)

Nepalese landraces tend to be fairly fast flowering due to the latitude and short season where they come from.

The looks are legit for me, after all Nepalese and North Indian landraces are essentially hashplants. For rubbed hash instead of dry sieved like at the Hindu Kush, but high resin producers after all.

Tell me about a proper ganja landrace from South India and it would be a whole different thing! :biggrin:

Vibes.

ElRubio

Veteran
Vermontman, thanks a lot for those pics amigo.

For ppl like me who had been there a couple of times chilling and collecting seeds your nepalese pictures are truly reminders of that place. One of the most beautiful places in the world for sure, and its cannabis its very nice too.

I´ll upload some pics of my second trip if you all dont mind. Those were taken far from Baglung, in the Annapurna and Daulaghiri areas to be more specific.

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

One of the elusives and mythical Nepalese Temple Balls:

PB080135.jpg

I will not enter in the taxnomic sativa-indica or WLD-NLD. Ill simply say that the plants i tried there were so nice for a landrace. And the hash they made is superb. Specially up in the mountains, if you can locate small farms. The one coming from the subtropical areas (indi-nepal broder) its not so nice...more commercial.

All pics and info of my second trip can be found here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=148465

ElRubio

Veteran
now we go with some of the sativas im growing these days.

Kalimist (old cut)
IMG_7214.jpg

IMG_7193.jpg

IMG_7196.jpg

Reina Madre (Mario, Delicatessen)
IMG_7218.jpg

Destroyer
IMG_7334.jpg

vermontman

Beautiful plants indeed, I've also had that purple pigment experiece with some other blackish plants this season as the Peyote or Lilly, I've even used some leaves to "paint" with them over a paper and see their true colors! I'm sure you could make a beautiful crimson purplish ink with grounded dried leaves from those diluted in some water or something like that! lol.

Most pics from this Nepali cultivar I've seen were gorgeous. Potency and high wasn't stellar from what I've read but looking forward to hear your opinion after smoking on them my friend! ;)

Nepalese landraces tend to be fairly fast flowering due to the latitude and short season where they come from.

The looks are legit for me, after all Nepalese and North Indian landraces are essentially hashplants. For rubbed hash instead of dry sieved like at the Hindu Kush, but high resin producers after all.

Tell me about a proper ganja landrace from South India and it would be a whole different thing! :biggrin:

Vibes.

Hello My friend
Appreciate your input wouldnt life be great if we all got high and a painted watercolor. Any way haven't tried her yet but a buddy of mine says he really has enjoyed sample I gave to him. I mainly looking to this strain to use in crosses I am thinking of crossing it with my purple Oacacan line, of course while keeping lines of each in pure form. Im thinking of Nepali as a perfect spice to create a new dish, So far the flower to leaf ratio awesome, fruity smell, fast flowering and stable and the color certainly adds a wow factor to the bag appeal. I Feel this strain potentially has a great deal to offer to a good breading program.
Will give you smoke update as soon as determined.

Last edited:

vermontman

Vermontman, thanks a lot for those pics amigo.

For ppl like me who had been there a couple of times chilling and collecting seeds your nepalese pictures are truly reminders of that place. One of the most beautiful places in the world for sure, and its cannabis its very nice too.

I´ll upload some pics of my second trip if you all dont mind. Those were taken far from Baglung, in the Annapurna and Daulaghiri areas to be more specific.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

One of the elusives and mythical Nepalese Temple Balls:

View Image

I will not enter in the taxnomic sativa-indica or WLD-NLD. Ill simply say that the plants i tried there were so nice for a landrace. And the hash they made is superb. Specially up in the mountains, if you can locate small farms. The one coming from the subtropical areas (indi-nepal broder) its not so nice...more commercial.

All pics and info of my second trip can be found here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=148465

Hello ElRubio
Thank you for your response, and talk about great pictures, would love to be sitting where those kids are, taking in the view of herb topped mountains, stunning. And your strain pics looks a lot like Neplali.

elhecho

Panama outdoors, 2015

Panama outdoors, 2015

Panama ace seeds, north of spain, this lady
had an impressive odor, now in the jars is like acid tropical fruit
with a bit of lemon and smooth incense pine-herbal taste after exhale there is bitter-spicy, now is starting 6th month of curing and still improving effects, this is what I like more,very clean and energetic long lasting effect, pressure in eyes and head for the most part, ends with relaxation and some narcotic effect, mine was cutted a few days late but still clean as snow and gift you when with an A++ black hash, brilliant plant and work behind it, here you have some pictures, I remembered much better than the photos I share here, that`s for sure :biggrin:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1442621852

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1442621852

Cheers

elhecho

Here is the black hash and a bud, true what is said about this plant about a hashplant :)
attachment.php

Here some picture when still alive, was very explosive and fast,
I should cuted her 19 sep that is when the above pictures are and wait 5
more days and the trichomes mixed ambar and milky,
This picture is from 8th september, sorry for the bad quality
attachment.php

BoldAsLove

Veteran
Cobs are dry. Thought it was interesting to see the different outcomes:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I get the vibe that a lot of folks are either scared or doubtful of the cobbing process. I understand. It seems WRONG. I was skeptical all the way through the first bowl of cob I had, but then 5 minutes later the effect kicked in :)

I haven't been able to try a properly aged cob yet, but am looking forward to it. Ive had a lot of requests for smoke reports, but they'll come after the aging.

Koondense

Veteran
Tropical Seeds - Cognition

picture.php

picture.php

87 days of 12/12, last two weeks 11,5/12,5
Looks like she's still going but I'll harvest her in few days probably. Need the space for the youth:)

vermontman

Attachments

• HAWAIIIAN 11 WEEKS 041.jpg
    HAWAIIIAN 11 WEEKS 041.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 23
  • HAWAIIIAN 11 WEEKS 039.jpg
    HAWAIIIAN 11 WEEKS 039.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 20
  • HAWAIIAN SATIVA LOAFS 004.jpg
    HAWAIIAN SATIVA LOAFS 004.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 20
  • HAWAIIAN SATIVA LOAFS 008.jpg