What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Sumatran.... hmmmm, this kind of name gets my mind to sail away ! Never had the opportunity to sample Indonesian material...

Irie !

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Sumatran!

Sumatran!

One again, and again, and... gorgeous plants Kangtiva. You have had all the great strains. It makes sense that people want to gift you since you certainly prove that you can get the best from them.

:biggrin:

I once had Sumatran a very long time ago. I think it was the only thing very similar to the Thai in effect as I was mostly smoking Columbian at the time. It came loose, not on a stick, but the buds were much larger than the Thai. The Thai were tiny buds strung together. The Sumatran was also a golden brown color. The Thai was army green and darker brown. The Sumatran had the trippy focused high like the Thai.

Happy Trails,

ThaiBliss

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I found this on youtube. I thought some other RUST'ers might enjoy it. It is some African Television networks expose on Malawi Gold and the weed scene in Kenya. Who grows it, how it is smuggled, how it is sold, etc. Enjoy.

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181lPZfuh08

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQ0kTvU5-s&list=UUSYRKBK923bQHwd03HNDdrQ&index=25

part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMDJLXwafhI&list=WL6Q9hA4RRvjLZnTE5xqtBQ9uOGQjO0pyK

And here is a little 5 minute BBC exerpt about cannabis in south africa.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c88ab2C8irw

Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Ace Purple Haze x Meao Thai after a light timer snafu (timer froze in on position for a few days).

Here's an interesting one. DJ Short male that naturally went female hermaphrodite towards the end of flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
UHN - Did you finish that DJ hermie? Did you get seeds from it? Did you germ any and was the a predominance of either sex? Feel free to throw in answers for the q's I didn't ask too. thanks.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
That first pic looks like a Dr. Grinspoon, if you look down the stem of the lower cola, where it yields basically individual calyxes, each one totally frosty. I have some beans for Dr. Grinspoon, I'm going to try them outside.

This is a picture of Ace Purple haze x Thai. It was growing nice structured buds, but my timer fried in the 'on' position while I was out of town and this is the result of a subsequent reveg/elongation. The hazes will elongate with the individual frosty calyx if light increases as opposed to decreasing during flower.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
WTF?!? Now I've seen everything!!!

This is what DJ would coin a 'backward hermaphrodite'. Supposed to be a semi-rare occurrence and usually sterile. I think this one may be viable. In that case, DJ thought it would produce mostly female and highly resinous offspring. Tom Hill mentioned the likelihood of a preponderance of females in the F1 and the likelihood of reoccurring hermi traits could be anywhere from very low to high. Only way to tell is to breed with it and I intend to do so.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
UHN - Did you finish that DJ hermie? Did you get seeds from it? Did you germ any and was the a predominance of either sex? Feel free to throw in answers for the q's I didn't ask too. thanks.

wildgrow,

my last F-13 was a female that hermied into a male and it was culled. Talk about a Dr. Grinspoon look alike. This male to female is supposed to be a much more unique outcome. We'll see as I've only now put pollen to pistil. It looks like the pollen is taking, so the next steps will be checking for viable seed in a couple months and then looking at F1 offspring.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
wildgrow,

my last F-13 was a female that hermied into a male and it was culled. Talk about a Dr. Grinspoon look alike. This male to female is supposed to be a much more unique outcome. We'll see as I've only now put pollen to pistil. It looks like the pollen is taking, so the next steps will be checking for viable seed in a couple months and then looking at F1 offspring.

Very interesting... :tiphat:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Here's an interesting one. DJ Short male that naturally went female hermaphrodite towards the end of flowering.
I find that a very large amount of males does that. I.e. show a few pistils towards the end, especially in the more "sativa" stuff.

I don't even notice it any more, it's that common.
Doesn't seem to affect anything negatively. Some day I might actually bother pollinating those pistils, see if anything worthwhile happens. At the moment it hardly seems worth the trouble.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Ultimate sativa = Pure Purple Haze from Ace Seeds.

Here's my 26 week pheno at chop.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thank you Dubi for putting these incredible genetics out there!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Ultimate sativa = Pure Purple Haze from Ace Seeds.

Here's my 26 week pheno at chop.

View Image

Thank you Dubi for putting these incredible genetics out there!

The buds look perfect, but 26 weeks... wow. That must be some good quality smoke. My record is 18 weeks for a Neville's Haze. Well worth the wait.

I have Purple Haze Thai. My first attempt turned up male, but I'm crossing it with SAGE to test the offspring. I'm going to have to wait about a year before I can get another chance to sample.

Congrats,

ThaiBliss

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Terpene thats awesome!!! That and the 3b plant are gonna a delight I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing the pure purple haze crossed with F13 by nr8tor

Kangativa

Veteran
Here is a couple of shots of the Nev Haze #21 crossed with #15 of the Early Mullum.
This one is probably the best of the 17 males I used, just needs to be tested but everything else ticks the box.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Beautiful looking Purple HazeXMeao Thai Ur Humbl Nr8tor.

And Terpene, I can see why the guy in your avatar is licking his lips. That is also a very beautiful plant.

You guys have some amazing patience and skill do grow those indoors.

And again, thanks Kangativa. It's always great to see big, beautiful sativas sucking up some sunshine.

This is such a great thread. Someone should make a picture book with all the images in here.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
OK, not impressive compared to the other pics in this thread, but --

For the people who saw the heartbreak of my two Nepalis getting burned up, the good news is one clone survived. She's in flower out on my back deck right now (covered in pine pollen like the rest of my whole state this month).

picture.php
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.