What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ace's purple OThaze x panama:

picture.php

picture.php

No purple so far...maybe later...i hope

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No problem bro^^

And for waiting,a few pictures of maybe the ultimate indoor sativa,a lao x skunk in early flowering with a very nice structure (and wich is still firm in sex so far):

one side:
picture.php

Then the other:
picture.php

A bit closer:
picture.php

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze.... orange sativa pheno

Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze.... orange sativa pheno

This lady smells like orange juice, it's incredible! :joint: Cant wait to puff this... these ladies grow HUGE indoors, almost too fast!

cronicle

Stager in a early tread you talked about how one plant smelled like teenage m. ninja turtles straight out the box. As you know by now that must be the haze inful. I HAVE heard many different ways of explaining the smell of haze but that is unique!!!!!!!!!!!

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Stager in a early tread you talked about how one plant smelled like teenage m. ninja turtles straight out the box. As you know by now that must be the haze inful. I HAVE heard many different ways of explaining the smell of haze but that is unique!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, she's much more unique than a true haze though, definately got some sour lemon thing going on too, she just has such an odd plastic smell! Now that she's drying and hanging for a few days, she's taking on more of a sour D smell, but still with that weird initial scent. Thanks for taking interest! Much love, :respect: SL

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
SSSDH (indica leaning sour turtle pheno) ;)

SSSDH (indica leaning sour turtle pheno) ;)

This is the lady you speak of that smells of fresh turtle power... :joint:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Hmm, not sure I agree with that, but that's for another thread, eh ?

Irie !

No, of course we are free to discuss that here.

I personally don't have any particularly strong views on where it the plant truly originated from.

That quote about it coming from China was Sam Skunks opinion. He is incredibly well versed on the topic. Much more than most people. But I don't know what led him to that assumption, but I'm sure he has evidence.

Seems like it would be hard to know. Some cultures might have had the plant growing wild but never used it for centuries. It probably would not show up much in archaeological evidence until people began to use it.

Then again is another question of when and who began not only using it for cordage, but when they began to cultivate some strains for hemp, and some strains for its narcotic effects such as the wide leaf indica strains.

We are so used to hybrids know, but when you see old videos of hemp farms, and the cane straight plants that grow over twenty feet tall, and compare them to the short, bushy, wide leaf indica variety you can see that there was a tremendous amount of selective pressure from the farmers over a long time period.

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
^^^ I read in an old high times about a chinese mummy being dug up with 1lb of cannabis beside him for the afterlife. something like 1,500 years old... pretty awesoeme! SL

oldbootz

Veteran
courtesy erowid.org

6000 B.C.
Cannabis seeds used for food in China.
4000 B.C.
Textiles made of hemp are used in China. (Pharmacotheon)
2727 B.C.
First recorded use of cannabis as medicine in Chinese pharmacopoeia. In every part of the world humankind has used cannabis for a wide variety of health problems.
1500 B.C.
Cannabis cultivated in China for food and fiber.
1500 B.C.
Scythians cultivate cannabis and use it to weave fine hemp cloth. (Sumach 1975)
1200-800 B.C.
Cannabis is mentioned in the Hindu sacred text Atharvaveda (Science of Charms) as "Sacred Grass", one of the five sacred plants of India. It is used by medicinally and ritually as an offering to Shiva.
700-600 B.C.
The Zoroastrian Zend-Avesta, an ancient Persian religious text of several hundred volumes, and said to have been written by Zarathustra (Zoroaster), refers to bhang as Zoroaster's "good narcotic" (Vendidad or The Law Against Demons)
700-300 B.C.
Scythian tribes leave cannabis seeds as offerings in royal tombs.
500 B.C.
Scythian couple die and are buried with two small tents covering censers. Attached to one tent stick was a decorated leather pouch containing wild Cannabis seeds. This closely matches the stories told by Herodotus. The gravesite, discovered in the late 1940s, was in Pazryk, northwest of the Tien Shan Mountains in modern-day Khazakstan.
500 B.C.
Hemp is introduced into Northern Europe by the Scythians. An urn containing leaves and seeds of the Cannabis plant, unearthed near Berlin, is dated to about this time.
500-100 B.C.
Hemp spreads throughout northern Europe.
430 B.C.
Herodotus reports on both ritual and recreation use of Cannabis by the Scythians (Herodotus - The Histories 430 B.C. trans. G. Rawlinson).
100 B.C.-0
The psychotropic properties of Cannabis are mentioned in the newly compiled herbal Pen Ts'ao Ching which is attributed to an emperor
c. 2700 B.C.
0-100 A.D.
Construction of Samaritan gold and glass paste stash box for storing hashish, coriander, or salt, buried in Siberian tomb.
70 A.D.
Dioscorides mentions the use of Cannabis as a Roman medicament.
170 A.D.
Galen (Roman) alludes to the psychoactivity of Cannabis seed confections.
500-600 A.D.
The Jewish Talmud mentions the euphoriant properties of Cannabis. (Abel 1980)
900-1000 A.D.
Scholars debate the pros and cons of eating hashish. Use spreads throughout Arabia.
1090-1256 A.D.
In Khorasan, Persia, Hasan ibn al-Sabbah, the Old Man of the Mountain, recruits followers to commit assassinations...legends develop around their supposed use of hashish. These legends are some of the earliest written tales of the discovery of the inebriating powers of cannabis and the supposed use of hashish.
1200s
Cannabis is introduced in Egypt during the reign of the Ayyubid dynasty on the occasion of the flooding of Egypt by mystic devotees coming from Syria. (M.K. Hussein 1957 - Soueif 1972)
Early 1200s
Hashish smoking very popular throughout the Middle East.
1155-1221
Persian legend of the Sufi master Sheik Haidar's of Khorasan's personal discovery of Cannabis and it's subsequent spread to Iraq, Bahrain, Egypt and Syria. Another of the ealiest written narratives of the use of Cannabis as an inebriant.
1300s
The oldest monograph on hashish, Zahr al-'arish fi tahrim al-hashish, was written. It has since been lost.
1300s
Ibn al-Baytar of Spain provides a description of psychoactive Cannabis.
1300s
Arab traders bring Cannabis to the Mozambique coast of Africa.
Hashish introduced to Iraq in the reign of Caliph Mustansir (Rosenthal 1971)
1271-1295
Journeys of Marco Polo in which he gives second-hand reports of the story of Hasan ibn al-Sabbah and his "assassins" using hashish. First time reports of Cannabis have been brought to the attention of Europe.
Ottoman Emir Soudoun Scheikhouni issues one of the first edicts against the eating of hashish.
Babur Nama, first emperor and founder of Mughal Empire learned of hashish in Afghanistan.
mid 1600s
The epic poem, Benk u Bode, by the poet Mohammed Ebn Soleiman Foruli of Baghdad, deals allegorically with a dialectical battle between wine and hashish.
1700s
Use of hashish, alcohol, and opium spreads among the population of occupied Constantinople.
Late 1700s
Hashish becomes a major trade item between Central Asia and South Asia.
Antoine Sylvestre de Sacy, a leading Arabist, reveals the etymology of the words "assassin" and "hashishin"
In America, medicinal preparations with a cannabis base are available. Hashish available in Persian pharmacies.
Le Club des Hachichins, or Hashish Eater's Club, established in Paris.
after 1850
Hashish appears in Greece.
British tax ganja and charas trade in India.
1870-1880
First reports of hashish smoking on Greek mainland.
Cultivation for hashish introduced to Greece.
Kerr reports on Indian ganja and charas trade.
Greek Department of Interior prohibits importation, cultivation and use of hashish.
Hashish made illegal in Turkey.
1893-1894
The India Hemp Drugs Commission Report is issued.
1893-1894
70,000 to 80,000 kg of hashish legally imported into India from Central Asia each year.
Early 1900s
Hashish smoking very popular throughout the Middle East.
1915-1927
Cannabis begins to be prohibited for nonmedical use in the U.S., especially in SW states...California (1915), Texas (1919), Louisiana (1924), and New York (1927).
Metaxus dictators in Greece crack down on hashish smoking.
1920s
Hashish smuggled into Egypt from Greece, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, and Central Asia.
Lebanese hashish production peaks after World War I until prohibited in 1926.
Recreational use of Cannabis is banned in Britain.
1920s-1930s
High-quality hashish produced in Turkey near Greek border.
Yarkand region of Chinese Turkestan exports 91,471 kg of hashish legally into the Northwest Frontier and Punjab regions of India.
1930s
Legal taxed imports of hashish continue into India from Central Asia.
1934-1935
Chinese government moves to end all Cannabis cultivation in Yarkand and charas traffic from Yarkand. Both licit and illicit hashish production become illegal in Chinese Turkestan.
Cannabis made federally illegal in the U.S. with the passage of the Marihuana Tax Act.
Supply of hashish from chinese Turkestan nearly ceases.
1940s
Greek hashish smoking tradition fades.
Indian government considers cultivation in Kashmir to fill void of hashish from Chinese Turkestan.
1941-1942
Hand-rubbed charas from Nepal is choicest hashish in India during World War II.
Legal hashish consumption continues in India.
1945-1955
Hashish use in Greece flourishes again.
1950s
Hashish still smuggled into India from Chinese Central Asia.
1950s
Moroccan government tacitly allows kif cultivation in Rif Mountains.
First hashish made in Morocco.
Turkish police seize 2.5 tons of hashish.
First reports of C. afghanica use for hashish production in northern Afghanistan.
Mustafa comes to Ketama in Morocco to make hashish from local kif.
The Moroccan government attempts to purge kif growers from Rif Mountains.
"Smash", the first hashish oil appears. Red Lebanese reaches California.
Late 1960s-Early 1970s
The Brotherhood popularizes Afghani hashish.
1970-1973
Huge fields of Cannabis cultivated for hashish production in Afghanistan. Last years that truly great afghani hashish is available.
Oct 27, 1970
The Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act is passed. Part II of this is the Controlled Substance Act (CSA) which defines a scheduling system for drugs and places most of the known hallucinogens (LSD, psilocybin, psilocin, mescaline, peyote, cannabis) in Schedule I.
The Nixon-appointed Shafer Commission urged use of cannabis be re-legalized, but their recommendation was ignored. Medical research continues.
Early 1970s
Lebanese red and blonde hashish of very high-quality exported. The highest quality Turkish hashish from Gaziantep near Syria appears in western Europe.
Early 1970s
Afghani hashish varieties introduced to North America for sinsemilla production. Westerners bring metal sieve cloths to Afghanistan. Law enforcement efforts against hashish begin in Afghanistan.
Nepal bans the Cannabis shops and charas (hand-rolled hash) export.
Afghan government makes hashish production and sales illegal. Afghani harvest is pitifully small.
FDA establishes Compassionate Use program for medical marijuana.
1976-1977
Quality of Lebanese hashish reaches zenith.
Westerners make sieved hashish in Nepal from wild Cannabis.
Late 1970s
Increasing manufacture of "modern" Afghani hashish. Cannabis varieties from Afghanistan imported into Kashmir for sieved hashish production.
1980s
Morocco becomes one of, if not the largest, hashish producing and exporting nations.
1980s
"Border" hashish produced in northwestern Pakistan along the Afghan border to avoid Soviet-Afghan war.
Hashish still produced by Muslims of Kashgar and Yarkland (NW China).
Most private stashes of pre-war Afghani hashish in Amsterdam, Goa, and America are nearly finished.
Moroccan government cracks down upon Cannabis cultivation in lower elevations of Rif Mountains.
DEA administrative law Judge Francis Young finds after thorough hearings that marijuana has clearly established medical use and should be reclassified as a prescriptive drug.
Cannabis eradication efforts resume in Morocco.
Heavy fighting between rival Muslim clans continues to upset hashish trade in Afghanistan.
Border hashish still produced in Pakistan.
Introduction of hashish-making equipment and appearance of locally produced hashish in Amsterdam coffee shops.

Cannabis seeds were used for food in China by 6000 B.C.E. and for textiles in China by 4000 B.C.E.

Hemp was used for rope and sails as well as fine linens in ancient Egypt. Hemp rope was found in the eighteenth-dynasty tomb of Akhenaten (Amenophis IV) at El Amarna, including a three ply hemp cord in the hole of a stone and a large mat bound with hemp cords.

In the third century C.E. the Roman emperor Aurelian imposed a tax on Egyptian cannabis.

Cannais was first documented in Kemet (ancient Egyt) around 2000 B.C.E. to treat sore eyes and cataracts. According to Diodorus Siculus (a Sicilian Greek historian who lived from 90 to 21 B.C.E.) Egyptian women used cannabis as a medication to relieve sorrow and bad humour.

Cannabis is mentioned as a medication in the following ancient Egyptian medical texts: Ramesseum III Papyrus (1700 B.C.E.), Eber’s Papyrus (1600 B.C.E.), the Berlin Papyrus (1300 B.C.E.), and the Chester Beatty VI Papyrus (1300 B.C.E.). The Eber’s Papyrus is the oldest known complete medical textbook in existence. Most scholars believe that it is copy of a much earlier text, probably from around 3100 B.C.E.

more here: http://www.prntrkmt.org/herbs/cannabis.html

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
they all look great guy's keep those Sativa strain comming!!!

i can wait too start here outdoor with my autoflowering haze's and sativa's

i dont know if i put thise pictures of mr BigHill grow of LBH's Autoflowering Asian Haze
on this thread but this auto Asian Haze and some other auto Haze;s i gone put outdoor here in Holland in Geurillia grow i cant wait wen the weather get better... and see sativa's in the sunlight.

LBH's Autoflowering Asian Haze
grown by BigHill
10 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Annunaki (hashplant haze)

Annunaki (hashplant haze)

^^^ 10 week harvest- smells like haze and melons with some fruit scents. really gorgeous smell! And a huge harvest to boot! much love friends, and great photos. SL

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
i just wanted to drop a line to say "thanks" to each and every one of you that have, and continue to, contribute to this thread.
(thats a shit-load of you, but, damn, I know this old fart learned a few things from this thread)
i know making threads, of QUALITY, takes a bit of time and effort, so, THANKS again for making this resource available to the community.

thanks again. truly, one of the greatest threads on this site.

well done, motaco, for firing it back up again.

-cap

i didnt take any pictures but i grew a nice bag seed from mex reg it had a nice skunk smell to it when it was wet,but as i cured it it now has a really strong amonia/clorox/bleach smell its nuts.i didnt even know how the seed got there to tell the truth just went into the yard and saw it there and let it do its thing

Status
Not open for further replies.