P1040297.jpg

P1040284.jpg

P1040288.jpg

P1040316.jpg

P1040314.jpg

:) :):thank you:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The plant is dynamite El Rubio! Leave it to Raco to pick a winner. He knows his goods....How long does she flower?

I am itching to start some of these, but need to finish the current projects and then spend some time focused on some business. I'm guessing I can crack some in March. I want to spend a few years (given limited plant counts and extreme growing conditions) exploring some of these Hazes (OTH, THH, Sam's, etc.).

funkymonkey

"Durban Poison" bagseed from Durban, South Africa.

4 weeks after first pistils. Very thin leaves.

Sorry for the poor pictures, she proved difficult to photograph against both a white and a dark background.

picture.php

picture.php

That looks exactly like Durban bagseeds I've grown in the past, does it smell earthy with a licourice/aniseed edge? I've never found a keeper Durban despite having grown at least 50 of em, mostly due to hermies, I've had to cull a lot of Durban females because of that. I still hope to find a good Durban one day that isn't a ladyboy.

verticalioso

these girls from south Cameroon are at week 18 +/-.
one has shown male flowers late into flowering (stress?) and the others held true to their sex. i don't really mind because it won me a few extra seeds of this strain, and where they come from i will never visit again (or anyone else in his right mind ).
the smell is very strong and fruity to mildly citrus, but nothing like anything I've smelled before, in a week's time i will be cutting them down, and by then i hope to be able to properly describe it.
thoughts and opinions are welcome.
DSC05281.jpg

DSC05282.jpg

DSC05283.jpg

DSC05284.jpg

DSC05285.jpg

DSC05290.jpg

DSC05291.jpg

DSC05293.jpg

DSC05302.jpg

Baba Ku

Veteran
That's a nice patch, bushweed! Do you think that fence will keep the roos out? (lol...)

LeanGreen, your buds remind me of my AngelHaze...
(ssh x ad)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Vertacali. I wanted to PM you but I guess you don't have enough posts yet. I understand if you choose not to answer, but I am curious about how and where you scored the cameroon.

If you aren't shy would you mind telling us the little story about how you ended up in cameroon and what scoring a bag was like there?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some big-ass plants ^^

some small ass plants : original haze (seedsman). each of these was flowered under about 50 watts of LED in a microcab. 10/14 lighting and very low N helped keep them small. organic modular scrog. i chopped the fat pheno already and the skinny one will go this week. 12/13 weeks
haze6 (the fat one)
picture.php

picture.php

haze3 (skinny one)
picture.php

picture.php

verticalioso

geography and semantics

geography and semantics

a tale of exotic bagseed.

a few years back i had the displeasure of working south of Cameroon.
i know i wrote south Cameroon but the OF must have gotten lost somewhere. LOL
anyways, i am referring to a tiny dictatorship by the name of Equatorial Guinea .
me and a few of my colleagues decide to go on a trek just east of Bata, we came across an old woman on a porch outside her home. the woman had baskets of different fruit and the traditional one meal-of-the-day pot on a gas stove that could be wrapped in a self made croissant- delicious ! so we all stopped to eat on her porch and talked about life and business micromanagement . when we were ready to leave she leaned towards my friend, who was sitting closest to her, and whispered while imitating the movement one makes when trying to finish a joint in one pull - "do you boys want some... opium" !
we all thought she was just a little sun struck so none of us really said anything back. then she pulled a bag from underneath one of the fruit baskets, opened it, pulled out a dried medium sized bud and handed it to my friend, whom after sniffing it for verification ( it looked like dried crap) passed it around.
after a short haggle, during which she proudly informed us she was the grower herself, and had been for many years, like her aunt before her who raised her, we took the bag off her hands, and were subsequently invited to the back of the house, where this woman had her own little paradise.
yes, she had some monster plants there but the rest of the garden was all well kept and filled with exotic flowers and ferns - paradise. the dirt's color was black and it too smelled rich. when we got back to the residence we all sat down exited and opened the bag, and inside the first bud i already found what i wanted. i offered to do the rest of the cleaning and found a total of about forty seeds in total. the rest of the guys only wanted the smokable parts, leaving me the seeds.
not that i passed on the smoke.
i think the words i used were flying to the moon and something about faulty brakes, but me and everybody else in the room were gone, rocketing away in a scary race that seemed to have no end.
up, up and away !! music, volume and the rave party was on in our living room and garden.
after a while we were all grinning and smiling at each other, and i remember thinking this was the closest to Ecstasy (the drug) i ever felt. i even suggested calling it Ecstaweed. and the guys all agreed this was the one thing you take to a party. nothing else is needed.

well, that was the story of the bagseeds of Guinea. hope you enjoyed it. all i wish for now is a tropical garden to grow them in. growing these indoors is doing them injustice. volunteers ?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Cool story you have! New Guinea is said to have crazy potent sativa, might be what you got?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Very interesting. Thanks for the story. Yes unfortunately it can be hard to duplicate tropical climates indoors. Perhaps one of our spanish or australian friends would be interested.

I've heard many varying reports of grass from that area. Its always nice to talk to someone who has been. Fewer still have brought seeds back and grew them. Thats truly what this thread is about, so thanks for participating.:tiphat:

What line of work brought you to the congo if you don't mind me asking? That is certainly off pretty much everyones beaten path.

el gordo

as a side note on equatorial guinean cannabis , it's called bangha locally, the funny part of the story is the sunglasses are called tapabaghas :) something that could be translated as hide banghas, very apropiate name if you're a stoner!:dance013:

verticalioso

Very interesting. Thanks for the story. Yes unfortunately it can be hard to duplicate tropical climates indoors. Perhaps one of our spanish or australian friends would be interested.

I've heard many varying reports of grass from that area. Its always nice to talk to someone who has been. Fewer still have brought seeds back and grew them. Thats truly what this thread is about, so thanks for participating.:tiphat:

What line of work brought you to the congo if you don't mind me asking? That is certainly off pretty much everyones beaten path.
i work in the security industry.
i went down there to help a dictator stay in power, and left as soon as i found out what he was doing to his people.
by the way, this guy Obiang, the president, and his first wife, are both long time tokers, and have their own super collection of strains in one of the many palaces they own.
i think spain could be great for these ladies, i just don't know any growers who live there.
i will gladly share these seeds with someone who is wiling to grow and preserve this strain in a more suitable environment.
B.T.W : has anyone seen this kind of leaf before? i am referring to the single fingered top bud leafs that are almost oval and have no serration .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts