What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 600hps in cool tubes. all organic with Liquid iguana,sweet leaf, and liquid Karma(I know this is not certified but I don't care wonderful stuff) In soil my own mix. she grow twice as slow as everything else in the room. If I was to take her now it would only be Pistels to smoke. So ya I guess she stayin for awhile.

Here is a leaf from the branch

picture.php

oregon_guy

I need all you Sativa/Haze experts to look at my Jack Herer Haze Pheno and tell me Honestly if I should keep her going. I don't need the space and have plenty of smoke,hash,oil. I have taken some more detailed pics of the buds/plant to me it seems there are only pistels this is 12 weeks. I have never grown a Pheno like this. There are resin glands just starting to form. It's weird looking at it from a distance it looks white from all the hairs growing. This Pheno looks to be pure haze the leaf's on her are also strange most are only 3 blade and there very big on all the branches the main stock has 5 blade leaf's. Anyway take a look.

Holy crap Hammerhead. That plant looks super!! I say let her go until she's ready. Ill bet you will have a great smoke when its finished. Although not quite a Haze strain, I have a Thai-tanic at day 74 of 12/12 and it looks like it still has quite a way to go. Oh and hello from a fellow OMMPer:joint:

SuperConductor

Veteran
I need all you Sativa/Haze experts to look at my Jack Herer Haze Pheno and tell me Honestly if I should keep her going. I don't need the space and have plenty of smoke,hash,oil. I have taken some more detailed pics of the buds/plant to me it seems there are only pistels this is 12 weeks. I have never grown a Pheno like this. There are resin glands just starting to form. It's weird looking at it from a distance it looks white from all the hairs growing. This Pheno looks to be pure haze the leaf's on her are also strange most are only 3 blade and there very big on all the branches the main stock has 5 blade leaf's. Anyway take a look.

picture.php

Looks like you're around half way through. Cutting back on the nitrogen and possibly hours of light if you can may help.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
she is allready on 11/12 keep in mind she is not the only strain I have in flower. There is NYCD, Super Lemon Haze, Hawaii X Maui Waui and Skywalker.

I'm still around and stopping by to say high and visit my favorite thread on the net.

Got 5 individual packs of bagseed straight from Thailand. On the first pack and not getting good germ rates but as I understand it, some of these may have been opium soaked so not stressing it yet.

So far I got a mutant and this gem.

attachment.php

Still early but I have a good feeling about her and need my fellow sat lover's positive vibe.

Got a few other heavy sats going but hoping this one matures into a nice addition to this thread.

Peace, love and good karma

Attachments

• 4-24-09 007 thai x.jpg
    4-24-09 007 thai x.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 17
Hello everybody, this is a daughter of my first plant "the Tri Tri", a Paraguayan sativa grown in Uruguay. Been flowering for about ten weeks. It´s in a 20 litre pot and fertilized with bone meal and banana tea every two days.
Has been tied up since it was little and so is not easy to realize wich one is the principal bud. I`m waitng to harvest this beauty maybe this weekend.
It has a great smell and lots of resine, it gave like ten seeds, the biggest seeds I`ve ever seen but the father is an hermafrodite. :frown:

Hermie pollen + female flowers = feminized seeds... not sure what the problem would be there...

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Hello folks. Great to see everyone and the spring flowers

@ foothills. No that is not necessarily true. Forced hermi's produce female seeds, like a light leak in a room. But a plant that is genetically hermi will usually produce hermi seeds and should be avoided. Many folks aren't too crazy about any hermi pollen forced or not.

@ hammerhead

In all seriousness bro. I can't tell you what to do. All I can say is use your best judgement. I love a good haze, but the key there is "a GOOD haze". Haze could have been spelled "hays" and it would be equally accurate. Haze is a crazily unstable plant and has been noted for it through time. Even Sam is always saying haze is best crossed with an indica. When you attempt most heavily haze influenced strains and really start digging in that side of the gene pool it can take some selection to find the right one.

There are many many plants in the haze gene pool which take forever to flower. Seemingly endless. And they never get resinous, or yield, and many don't even have much of a unique stone. Reminds you of brick seed specimens.

It may explode with resin or it might not. It can be very frustrating but a good selection is key to good sativas. It's up to you what you think her potential is, and if she is worth keeping. But just keep in mind some plants do just end up nothing special.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why I was asking if it takes 6 months or more to flower it's not worth keeping. Has anyone ever grown 6 month strain that was dank that will answer allot of questions. she has a very vice smell reminds me of the 80's. I just dont have the time to do 6 months for her. The best I can do is keep her for 2 more months max. Summertime is comming so I need to get that room cleaned out and ready for winter.

ANYONE HAVE ANY DEEP CHUNK POLLEN THEY COULD SEND ME. i WOULD LOVE TO DUST HERE WITH IT!!!!!

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Oh there are DEFINITELY 6 month sativas that are dank as hell. Most of them just took too long and were lost, but there are many many long flowering sativas. Really it's a shame to think of how many great strains were lost because they were 6mos instead of 4.

specifically thai for instance. Which is a large percentage of the haze genes.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She is a beautiful plant and if she fills in and produces allot more Tric's should be very good. I guess I have to gamble on her.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's my Highland Oaxacan Gold at five weeks, which I'm running for the second time. This looks to be a bigger and bushier plant than last time, thanks to some moderate CO2 supplementation and better soil, which is fantastic, as this is my heaviest-yielding strain to date in my small cabinet - 65 grams from a two-foot plant. I should beat that this time, which is hilarious, given it's a sativa.

It's a spicy, peppery diesel when growing, but this sweetens on drying, and becomes less fuely and more spicy/fruity. The high is very similar to the Malawi Gold and the Thai sticks I get - potent, up, but smooth rather than jangly, and very long-lasting and quite psychedelic at large doses.

I've got one wrap of MoFlo pollen left, which I'm going to apply this weekend to attempt a 'Mexi-Goldfinger', just for comparison and possible crossing later with the Malawi-Goldfinger. I've also got some Overflow (Mystery Strain X Flo) pollen, which should add even more bulk and sweetness, and a faster finish, though will probably bring the high down to a more balanced affair.

All good fun...:)

lynx

Vitenam Black

Vitenam Black

Thanks, Weedninja :). Here's some Vietnam Black early flower pictures from my repro. I had many different phenos; dense, blonde, black, funky... I grew them 12/12 from seed, whith interesting results. The dense pheno finished in 13-14 weeks from seed (if I remember correctly), while my blonde pheno were cut after 25... She could have gone further still, I think. Different highs to be found as well, some more spacy and some more down to earth and social.

Big thanks to dubi and Charlie_G for preserving and sharing this line, and to the collector friend who shared it with me!!!

peace & love,
lynx

Dense pheno 12/12 from seed.

Funky pheno - never really grew this one properly.

Sative pheno.

lynx

more Vietnam Black

more Vietnam Black

More Vietnam Black, some later flowering pics...

Blonde pheno, mid flower

Same as above

Harvest time@ 25 weeks 12/12 from seed. Heavy buds made her lean over, so flowers are growing sideways...

Made me happy :).

peace & love,
lynx

lynx

VB3

VB3

Here's the VB dense pheno grown with some proper veg time. Heavy infection of something, fungus maybe?, still she yielded well :).

I think the pics are @ about 9-10 weeks of 12/12.

Black pheno, didn't find any wider shots...

Ok, that's it for now :).

peace & love,
lynx

That Mexi is looking very nice Elevator Man.
Very unique looking bud structure and bud leaves to me. I'm amazed how heavy and dense some of those Mexi's can get. I'd love to see her in late flower.

Some African sativas.

Congo Black #1. Nice red petioles from the early stages of veg. Purpling in new leaves which was also present from veg but no colours in the buds atm. Maybe with cooler temps. Nice early resin.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Congo Black #2. Slower to flower than CB#1 but far more resin production. Very stinky smell. sweet fruity mixed with skunky and burnt rubber even old meat. All green. Unique growth pattern.
picture.php

picture.php

Swazi. Don't ask about the pot and backdrop :D. 2 females in one pot.
picture.php

Swazi #2. She was earlier to flower than Swazi #1 and was always bigger and more vigorous, but Swazi #1 looks to have more resin earlier on and quite a strong STINK.
picture.php

Durban poison. I had 4 in the pot hoping to get a male or to and free up some space. Well all 4 were female. One was a runt so she got culled and I thought I brave it with 3 stretchy sativa girls. Even with such restrictions they're still growing like beasts.
picture.php

DP #3. She is the intermediate pheno. Nothing special but nothing bad. I have never seen this pheno before. Small bud clusters with very curly hook like pistils. Nice resin atm. Look how thick that stem is!
picture.php

DP #2. Interesting pheno. Looks to have some potential with this nice structure of the young flowers. Just starting to put a little resin.
picture.php

DP #1. Biggest and most vigorous pheno from the start. Shows purpling on new growth and stems easily with cool temps. Looking most like the mother. Very hard to control but my favorite pheno. Also good resin atm.
picture.php

Regards everyone, Ah.:joint:

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hammerhead...we took a Barneys WillieNelson over 30wks....cloase to 6mo and it was no stronger in any way than the same pheno taken at 12 or 18 or 22wks...heh....they all sucked even tho the 30wk ver yielded over 4lbs...so its mainly genetic/pheno based off the bat...

heres my best freak in the box...its a Sativa dom Bluemoonshine made from both old DJ BMoonshine and DP's ver...Its def different and produces some of the greatest buds thats ever graced my digs...she runs a good 11+wks and goes blue/purp...Heres the lowest shoot on a plant at aprox 8-9wks..
FOE20
picture.php

[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts