What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pSi007

Herbalistic said:
Btw, I would love to own a cut of that crazy haze if it really produce effects compared to pan of coffee! I cannot understand why people dont like it :confused: too racy maybe :chin: Well, that´s the kind of strain I´ve been looking for..

in all modesty:
I have smoked herb from all over the world many times over. i have tested maybe 100 individual strains from coffee shops in the `dam and i am a patron collector to strains that hit the cali bay area medical cannabis scene, been to the jamaica and austrailia scene as well. one thing i have come to determine is the fact of all the places i have had the luxury to test and establish in my mind as being top notch cannabis, the crazy haze is most ruthless and brutal sativa i have ever tried. the THC is not the highest, i`m guessing near 10% but the effect is pronounced unique by all who have tried. heh.. i know some people are quite used to a sativa like that but everyone of these locals i know have never felt anything like the buzz it packs.
Most people experience a relaxing and mental type of powering heady effect from sativas. with this thing i call, Crazy haze, it seems like everyone that smokes it is on the verge of a panic attack.. hehh... no chit. it does not have a powering body or head high, its hard to describe. it literally feels like drinking coffee.. pardon the explicit dialog, but it makes my balls tingle and my belly cringe. its hard to get a standard buzz from the crazy haze, being heady or body relaxation. when you smoke, you feel like putting it down after only a few tokes not because its too potent but because people start getting attention deficit disorder. hahaha..

:rasta:

regarding the background, i`m unsure of the back ground of my mango haze and crazy haze being that Overgrow had all my diary info on it and not its a goner. damnit.. :badday: i`m not positive but i believe crazy haze was a, (african sativa x thai) x orange haze. it takes about 12-13 weeks to mature and always grows extremely fast and grow whopper sized buds. the buds are very sativa like and have almost no weight at all, very fluffy and light. the smell is very high and reminds me of spicy pine sap. the taste is not very sweet when smoked, less like smoking sweet indica, more like smoking some earl grey tea, (dont ask me how i know that)..
:rasta:
still, its a fair table away from the standard mexican sativa taste. might compare the smoke to mixing a bowl of jack herer, with mexican sativa, with halls throat losinger.

ps, srry bout that confusion earlier in this thread. i dont try to make a mockery of any type of cannabible but i`m used to calling my herb what i want to call it. i am not concerned with the needs of retail sellers telling me what words i am allowed to use.

anyway, lets see if i can dig up another couple shots of that funky haze of my dayz.. lol

1200CH8.jpg

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Rainman said:
BH - I just got back from a little vaca. in the Central America and smoked alot of ok stuff but the best was this brown, nasty looking stuff that kinda looked looked like Mexi-swag but not compressed yet. I got what looks like 6 viable seeds sitting in the freezer from that bag! The smoke was harsh and had a almost rusty taste to it. It came from Costa Rica and it had my heart racin and eyelids were trippin so hard! I hope one of those can give me the same feeelin! Do you have any info. on strains from that region? Anyways great lookinf Sats.! They look happy as as can be! Peace to you.

Very nice Rainman :yes: Seems like you enjoyed some fine sativa unproperly dryed & stored :2cents: You saved seeds from this "best stuff", or some other erb?

Very interesting grow ahead I assume :D

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian,from Barranquilla.Grown by Kolmus,one of the very best spanish growers IMHO.Just awesome!! :rasta:
IMG_45461.jpg

G

Raco!!!!!!!!

That plant makes me nearly SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost hate to post pics of my lil ol plant after seeing that monster girl :joint: Now THAT is a nice looking specimen in my newbie opinion.

Would some of you who have experience with MNS SSH look at this plant. I have 3 SSH in flower now. This one is the one I had trouble with early in flower. Some may remember me saying its new foilage was "mottled" looking light green?

I think I cured that by upping nutes. She was just hungry was all. She is a nice green now. But I can't get over how THIN her leaves are. She has turned into a huge, sprawling 4 foot+ plant with buds just EVERYWHERE from top to bottom. I'm running out of ways/places to LST her. I'll be in trouble if the other two which are a week behind her get this big. Those two seem to be more compact, but they are approaching 4 feet also. :(

My question is:

Are the really thin leaves due to the tropical sativa/haze genetics in SSH?

I hope she smokes good. I want a pheno that is a real paranoia producing, freaking out kinda smoke. What do y'all think?

Thanks as always for putting up with a newbie here.

Pedro
:sasmokin:

SSH Day 38 of 11/13
0403_SSH2_3.jpg

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Herbalistic - I hope to do the seeds justice and they did come from that crazy shhhh that had my heart poundin. Just worried about the cylce time as I am used to shorter flowering indicas. I know there is something special there just might be done better by a more experienced sat grower. Ill keep you posted! I got something working right now so it will be a while.

Raco - What Wallyduck said!!!!! Damn!!!!

G

Hey pedro, yes the thin leaves are definitely due to the haze influence in SSH. Your buds are looking very nice as well. Nice plant!

Excellent Columbian your friend grew Raco! Very nice indeed. Makes me want to break out my columbian.

G

Raco said:
Colombian,from Barranquilla.Grown by Kolmus,one of the very best spanish growers IMHO.Just awesome!! :rasta:

wow, that is a fantastic lookin plant. is that the Mono Rojas(sp) by chance?

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
I have to say I go with Mat´s route Raco! You constantly impress us with beauty queens like that Colombian above! Your friend did a heck of a job and it seems he/she isnt first time grower :D

I know you guys have the big bad bulb of nature, but still....

Hola Pedro, how are you doing mi amigo?

Do you find your second run with SSH is easier than the first? Im sure we qualify your reproducing project as second generation, there is no other way to call them... Btw, offspring of those will reveal very special plants! I would try to look the one´s with most haze charastetics and clone them before making final judgement, those are the real keepers of this next generation IMHO :2cents:

Marijuanamat: How´s you Luang Prabang sativa´s, stil any intersex traits? Would be interesting to see does it stay that way till the sweetend.. I know I hope that for you, so you safely use it in your upcoming crosses, which are really nice, at least Malahazi :woohoo:

G

Herbalistic!!!

I am doing great, and will be doing better in a few hours when I see my g/f. I'm getting "tuned up" right now ofr the 3 hour drive...through some of the most beautiful country in the USA.

I just did the last of th epollination I'm going to do. I'll have seeds from each of my 3 SSH phenos. I can't clone any of my current plants. No place to keep them through the summer. I'd love to clone that "skinny leaf" plant pictured above. I have a feeling it could be a winner.

It will be interested to see what these 2nd generation seeds will produce.

I hope all is going good for you!!!

pedro
:sasmokin:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Raco said:
IMG_45461.jpg

WOW just awe inspiring..Thanks Raco..Hey anyone have any experience with a strain called Celestial Temple Sativa..am growing a CTS X ISS for my outdoor crop this year..
peace
Chefboy

G

While that is a very impressive plant, given good genetics, lots of sun and a rich soil, cannabis grows like that - huge and bountiful flowers.

Do you think that is a pure Colombian? Looks like it has probably had a lil indica in it's blood at some point, those buds looks suspiciously large and beefy for a pure sat.

I'm not dissing it at all, just looks a lil bit of hybridisation has occured, I've not seen a pure sat grow such large flowers before.

spicecowboy

Need some advice!

Need some advice!

Okay...

This goes out to all the real Sativa expert out there:

My next indoor grow will be dedicated to the Sativa side again, and:

I have a real treasure in my bean collection, that was safed for a time when I have enough patience to grow it out.

Only one word:

DALAT!

Those seeds were given to me back in the good old OG days, by Marksurfs.

Maybe some of you remember the great thread he had going on his Dalat and the DalatXCinderella 99.

For those who don´t know:

Dalat is a pure landrace hardcore Sativa from Vietnam.

Unfortunately we lost all the detailed information from Overgrow, and I don´t know how to contact Marksurfs.

I really hope he and Ganjagirl are doing fine.

I would be happy about any advice when it comes to grow this great landrace Sativa.

Maybe someone out there has a copy of the old OG tread, or any other useful information on the Dalat.

I don´t want to germ those seeds without being prepared enough.

spice

Last edited:
E

ElectroSticky

BH

the things with sativas as far as my experience and knowledge ,,,

besides ´´ strains with the trait of skinny buds´´ , any PURE blooded sativas will explode in a massive bud release , the release only controled by how pure she is ,,,

and as far as how pure a strain is , well ,, it only depends on its origins....

the thing is there are pure sativas, with leafs not as thin as the o.haze...

Peace ,

that plant really stirred the waters huh ,, jejejejejeje

just like that purple pic tom hill posted weeks ago...

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Oh sorry for missing your post PSI :redface: Thank you for such complete answer mon´! I found very interesting that you havent countered such a racy sativa anywhere/anytime at your "cannacareer"! Maybe you are doing some breeding with it, maybe :chin:

Spicecowboy: Here´s what I managed to find you about Dalat, this is report from a grower you mentioned Marksurf :wink:
Marksurfs at OG said:
The Dalat are beautiful plants. The plants get up to and over 20 feet in Vietnam where the strain is originally grown by a French family there who have been growing the strain we call the Dalat for generations .

The Dalats I grew were grown indoors. The Dalats are made to be grow outdoors but will adapt with your good growing skills.

The plants had to be tied down and topped repeatedly until they started to show flowers. Even then the plants continue with upward growth. When I top my plants I do more of a fim than top really. I leave about 10% of the leaf set to cause the Dalats side growth to come out as well as keep the main stalk .

The plants can be controlled in heigh with a lot of topping-fim and tying down.

The Dalat loses it's shade leaves indoors as it grows and only has single leaved leaves. It loses its leaves naturally or it may be due to some sort of plant shock , heat, fertilizer, lack of enough water, extreme lighting . The Dalats height was 4 foot 10 inches or so at harvest time .

The buds of the Umbrella pheno as we call it can turn out buds to be the size of softball bats . The biggest full bud I had was 28 inches long and 5 1/2 inches wide when just cut . There are more than one Dalat pheno.
The second pheno I encountered was more of a scruffy looking plant compared to the umbrella pheno. The THC seemed to be more pronounced on this pheno but the yeild was much smaller than the umbrella pheno or the baseball bat bud pheno as I call it :) .

The umbrella pheno is the pheno to have of this strain for yeild as well as for a beautiful plant to grow. The buds will blow your mind they can get so fat . You have to watch out for mold they're so fat and big. You can see brown spots on the buds where mold was trying to kill the bud. I just cut out the brown spots and let the buds keep growing.

The Dalat looked at its best in its flower stage at 18 weeks. I let the Dalat plants grow until 20 weeks in which time the THC started to get a amber tint to it. I harvested right at 20 weeks .

The Dalat can be harvested before this with good potency and yeild. The longer she goes up to 18 weeks and just a little beyond the better yeild you'll get. ( indoors )

When I harvested the Dalats the buds were still getting fatter, even as the THC was starting to turning to amber. So the Dalats just grow and grow right up until harvest time .

The smoke is great. The high is a very clear and up high. It has very little paranoia to none even at extreme doses .

The high is fast and takes you up as high as you want to go. It's the kind of pot where you smoke some, kick back and do your thing, then smoke another hit which takes you right back up there again .

The high is a easy going high which leaves you with a nice temperament and a smile on your face . I'm sure it could catch those who aren't used to strong buds off guard .

The Dalat makes great hash oil. The oils so thich it's hard to cook with . When I try to get it to melt it's more like a thick tar that won't dissolve than an oil. It also has a red oil that comes from the oils, it separates itself from the Green-Black hash oil. It's a much finer oil and has a very strong chemical taste to it .

The regular Dalat hash oil is excellent to make brownies with or smoke . You'll get toasted or baked more than the brownies did when they got cooked :) .

You have to be in for a long Sativa grow but if you love Sativa buds and you love a great high and if you love good yields , then the Dalat is the Queen of the Land Race Sativas . She'll do you right :) .

She loves Nitrogen as she grows, lots and lots of Nitrogen. Even in flower, Nitrogen .

It was a great plant to grow and not only will I grow the plants again I am right now.

Garden Information for this report
Bloom Wattage Used: 1100w to 2000w
Average Plant Height: 96
Plants per Sq. Foot: 1.00
Average Yield per Plant: 9.00
Pruning or Plant Style: Tree
Fertilization Method: Mix of chemical and organic

The flower area is 5 X 5 X 8 .

The soil was organic soil. I used Sams Choice Continuous Feeding from WallMart with Osmocote fertalizer in it.

I use 2-combination Sunsytem lights, 400wattMH & 600wattHPS in each hood . One 425cfm fan hooked up to both of them for outflow . 2 regular fans blowing under the lights for cirulation and to cool down the lights .

I used 15 gallon containers to grow in . I had to water every 3 to 4 days at the end of flower. I water when ever the soil starts to get dryish , not on a set program.

Fertilizer was added to the soil at transplant. I added Osmocote 19-6-12 to each container. Around 8 tablespoons full.

I also add Dyna-Gro 7-9-5 to the water at each watering . I add just enough fertilizer that is recommended on the bottle to keep the plants health up . I add what ever is needed fertilizer wise as the plants show need , not a program of fertilizing . I read my plants.

Lighting was done at 11/13 and reduced to 10/13 towards the end of the grow.

2-11-05
This is an update on the flavor and high of the Dalat bud after almost a year of curing.
I had WannaBebreeder ask me what the Dalat bud tastes like with a little detail. I smoked some Dalat then worte this in a PM to him back.

Marksurfs
RE: I read your strainguide report
High WannaBeBreeder
I'll go smoke some .
This is what the cured buds like. I just took a sample off of one of those giant buds you saw in the thread.
The smell of the bud is that of a crate or box that had oranges in it.
A very light smell of citrus , not strong at all . The first hit was that of if you were breathing the air of an area where they kept oranges. Very light citrus flavor . The smoke is light going in to the lungs but heavy once in there and coming back out.
The Dalat has a incense flavor sometimes and is very smooth to smoke but thick smoke as well because of the oils in it.
So it goes in easy and hits hard once it's in your lungs , it doesn't expand like Indica buds, its just potant and makes the lungs want to close off if you take a giant hit.
Don't do that .
Take normal to small hits and your lungs with survive the THC coating .
It also has a grape flavor to it sometimes . It doesn't taste like any other bud I've smoked before. It's very specail bud but it hurts my lungs to smoke it . You don't need to smoke alot of this bud and it just keeps getting you higher until your head starts to thump each time you take a hit and you don't want to stand up to fast or you may end up back on the floor .
As bud potancy goes, on Marksurfs scale of poatncy it rates a good 9 for pot that will knock you out if you smoke to much .
You just can't seem to stay awake when you smoke to much , you relax . It's not a paranoid type high for me at all, very relaxing. It's great for those who can't seem to stay asleep at night like me. I puff a few hits of Dalat and I'm back off to sleep and very comfortable .
Hope that helps.
Di Wee Dalat's supposed to have the seeds available from what he said I believe sometime this year. You may ask him and see .
Take care my friend, Marksurfs

Additon :

Greetings all, High Di
here are some Dalat buds from my grow last year.
The buds have been curing since I harvested somewhere around a year ago I think now. I'd have to go back and read this thread to really know how long the buds have been curing.
The Dalat bud is much more potant than when it was first harvested and the high can knock a person on their butt.
I watched a friend smoke a good hit or 2 after he had been doing some heavy drinking . When he got to my house I didn't know he had been drinking because he was maintaining very well.
He took those 2 hits and it was all over, he rambled on about nothing and then gave me his leather Harley jacket, then went outside and sat on the side of my house and started to sing .
Fortuantly nobody could see him or hear him, it was night time so nobody could see him all spralled out on the ground.
The bad thing about the guy being all wasted outside of my house is that kind of thing can cause attention from the neighbors and they know nothing of me getting high .
I don't need that kind of attention. They know me as being clean cut .
The next day after he had given me his leather jacket , because he said it wouldn't fit him anymore and he really wanted me to have it, he came by and asked me if he had forgotten his leather Jacket at my house. I said sure , gave it back to him with a smile. I never bothered to tell him he had given it to me the night before . So the Dalat's good bud .
I use the Dalat to put me back to sleep when I wake at night.
I wake a few times a night usually.
The one thing curing has done is made the bud more expansive on the lungs. There's a very high oil content in the buds, you can taste a hashoil taste to the bud sometimes. Other times the bud has a grape flavor as well as a incense type flavor .
The buds much to strong to smoke alot of so it will last a long time at this rate . I had over 3 pounds of bud and I still have at least 3 pounds of bud left . It's all put away safely . It's barried treasure and only I have the map in my head. If I die maybe somebody will come across it someday well cured .
Take care all and great grows to you , Marksurfs

I hope you find this useful... Btw, you are doing multiplant grow with it? Reason I asked is because it would be great to see this line reproduced & preserved at least in some form for the community! I example are one happy & anxious "testgrower" as I think are several others here in our belowed sativa thread :wink:

spicecowboy

Test Grows

Test Grows

Hello Herbalistic!

After thinking about this topic for a while, I made the following decision:

I´m gonna wait a little while longer, until I try to germ those seeds, and then dedicate a whole grow only to the Dalat.

And I´ll pollinate the most promising female, in order to keep those genetics alive, and make them available to other interrested growers like you.

I undestand that growing out the Dalat indoors would need a lot of space and patience.

In the meantime, I´ll concentrate on the two Kali seeds I have left(one of them is from the great 2000 version), and the old Northern Lights#5XHaze from Sensi Seeds, as well as an interresting Laos Sativa, and not to forget Alfred´s Vietchunk.

Peace,

spice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts