What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i've had it with you dude ... i really do hope the mod deletes ALL my post's and my account while he is at it ... enjoy your threads & carry on

bye bye!

intel2000

c99 X ssh said:
i've had it with you dude ... i really do hope the mod deletes ALL my post's and my account while he is at it ... enjoy your threads & carry on

bye bye!

Whoa Dude! Dont let disagreements and haters get ya down. Dont forget what Money Mike said (lol) "If you got 14 haters you better find out how the hell you gonna get to 15." They even hated on Jesus. Just do ur thing bro. Bring whatever knowlegde you have for those of us that wanna share. Nobody likes a spammer, but noone likes a quitter either. What strains do you recommend?

G

hey there intell2000 ... thank you .. i was one step away from deleteing my whole account now that i figured out how .... that guy nepthaze has guns drawn and is in attack mode on C99 ... i don't know what his problem really is, but he is an elitest & and :confused: completly ruining my buzz, so i will try my best to ignore him .. i've been recomending c99, and for good reason, but not with this bullcrap hanging around

G

guest123

motaco said:
La Mano Negra you have gorgeous plants and very exotic. a joy to see.

beautiful pics everyone and welcome to all new comers. I started the hawaiian section up to btw.

WALLY what temps do you have when you flower there? Some sativas make nice chunky nugs but many of them are very open and airy just naturally. Nothing to do with the conditions its just physical structure of the bud. Especially if they are from hot places. Plants that steadily adapt to flowering in high heat and humidity open up to disperse heat.

Places further from the equator or from mountains tend to have tighter buds. but lowland equatorial sativas are almost always open and airy.

well temperatures vary when flowering , often into the high 30s (celcius) , and yes they are grown at altitudes ... but not that distant from the equator ..
i ve also grown many other sativas ,, yes there are many that have quite open structured buds , we tend not to use them ,, amongst those stock , if u grow enough u will still find chunky solid varieties aswell .. they are what i prefer to keep for my stock ...
i grew many african sativas , some were quite lean , open buds as u described , but in the same batch of seeds we also found some real tight weighty plants aswell ...
id suggest u might like to try ducksfoot in your location montaco ,, may over come some of the troubles u mention about humidity etc ,, mmm though u would have to be within 40 degrees north , or south latitudes ...
heres a few more lady sativas ,, actually a hybrid , afghani x local mango sativa , these gals really stood up to the terrential rain , despite the huge tight buds they had ..

Octavian

wallyduck said:
i ve also grown many other sativas ,, yes there are many that have quite open structured buds , we tend not to use them ,, amongst those stock , if u grow enough u will still find chunky solid varieties aswell .. they are what i prefer to keep for my stock ...

I grew out some CSC C99 F2's several years back, and I found it to be potent and fruity, but not terribly high yielding and very loose buds. Not a long term keeper for me, but seeds I made with a NL#2 male yielded a nice keeper female that I have to this day. :yummy:

In all honesty, I don't think my experience yielded truly exceptional examples of the strain that alot of others seem to get...I've seen chunkier and frostier versions such as our friend wallyduck's. As he says, it's all in the selection of the parents.

EDIT: In general, I think well bred IBL's exist for the greater purpose of creating high powered, vigorous hybrids. Those affie x mango sativa look pretty nice, wally...an excellent example of my assertion :sasmokin:

Octavian

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
@ WALLY

yeah its not so much we have trouble with the plants not getting dense nugs its that they are so prone to mold when they have dense buds here. incredible humidity and frequent rains. its just a mold magnet.

the open bud structures while lower yielding no doubt actually end up giving a bigger harvest because you don't lose 1/3 of it to mold. So its looked on as a good thing by many outdoor growers here. The chopper patrol is minimal so its more about what can produce in the enviornment sucessfully than it is yield per plant. Usually the buds left on the plants free of mold are the airy ones anyway so its just how it goes.

so it kinda depends what your lookin for. if you got a greenhouse roof over your plants or something where they don't get wet than dense buds are fine. But if your an open air grower dealing with rain and humidity then those open phenos are a godsend not a curse.

I'm almost right at 30 degrees latitude. For safety's sake (or two harvests a year) alot of growers force shade their plants. They end up finishing in the summer in the middle of the heat. up to 98 degrees. 100 percent humidity almost every day. takes special plants to perform in these conditions and those open phenos tend to do a better job than the dense ones.

But about finding dense ones among the airy strains. Not to say it doesn't happen but I've never personally found it too much. I mean there would often be a higher yielding pheno or two but as life goes they seem to usually be poorer representations of the particular strain. But i am also basing this off of mainly mexican stock, and you may be dealing with plants stemming from an entirely different continent or latitude, I don't know.

I've thought of your ducksfoot a few times but as I thumb through local rural real estate listings my wallet is a lil thin. There are also just SOOO many strains to grow and its hard to get me to cough up more than thirty bucks on a pack of beans.

@ c99 and nept. I don't really care either way so long as the conversation is useful.

My personal opinon on c99 is its niche specific. If your a yankee, or a micro grower, or have a limited cieling height that prevents you from growing sativas than its a great strain for your situation. Your not going to find many sativas to fit this bill.

But other than that I don't think its real impressive. its got a dry floral kinda generic fruity and lemon smell. And the stone is wake and bake. its up but not real potent so it doesn't fuck your whole day up. its good for a few hits with a cup of coffee in the morning. Doesn't float my particular boat. But I see why others like it.

But its main problem is the depression. If you have a keen sense of when a strain is suffering inbreeding depression you can feel it immediately in the c99 stone. Its just not at all the places in your head its supposed to be. Its missing that certain something elemental in all well balanced highs.

But its use for breeding is unquestionable. just my .02 on c99.

G

guest123

oh i am a frequent to mould aswell my friend , records here have up to 11 metres of rain in one y ear ,,
u have to prepare for it ,, we also do like u say and try to get the more mould proof end of the spectrum sativas , but if u take care when u grow , keeping t hings open and airated as one would in growroom , plants off the ground , lots of airflow , then u can still harvest chunky buds ..
where we do it , there is a big likely hood the second , or third run of plants will run into monsoonal rains , i tend to grow fast strains like as has been mentioned c99 , itll handle some rain; just always keep a close eye on your grow ..
we harvest and dry onsite , theres a lot to learn growing in monsoonal country ,.. but it can be done , no worries ...

G

c99 F1 kicks ass outside .... finishes before the season ends up north & will yield pounds per plant .. dense & frosty & fruity ,and potent as all hell ... you cannot compare c99 indoors to how she can perform outside ... she handles mold & fungi & pest attack as well

G

and yes ... she does have a strong sativa high & can finish in under 50 days, what other strains can do this? not too many ... if your c99 aint VERY potent, then it aint good c99

G

i'm deleteing my account ... mistake to come here in the 1st place ... enjoy your grows

G

Well, I cut my panama red yesterday, I think it was at close to twenty weeks flower. Sorry about the shitty pic.

Esskie

Nice lookin hang there Rudedude :canabis:

Panama Red noless too, I hope it's as good as I remember it to be :kos:

Here are a couple of pics of a plant I started last year but only ever ended up doing one grow of, I had just got a load of new genetics and it was really just a test grow consisting of 26 strains including the Afghan, Humboldt SnowBud & Silver Pearl I was growing at the time.

I started 2 seeds of the 10 & this one turned out female

I think I expected an indica looking type plant which is why I was a bit surprised to see this elegant lady!.
Despite the slender fingered leaf and classic sativa looks she did stretch a fair bit in flower from around week 4 but surprisingly finished in 9wks.
A beautiful spicy, hashy smell while she was growing and more so when dried & cured with a taste to match. Smoking her reminded me of black hash we used to get in this country from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kashmir and other exotic locations of the hashish trail.

this is the same plant but you can see the whole plant better, she was in clay pebbles in a regular pot watered by hand with 2 x 125w compact fluros above em

I still have the rest of the pack safely stored in my container in a fridge where they've been since I bought em fresh May-June 05 so they will still be fine.

Regards, Esskie

G

whenever you 2 are ready to find out about real sativas just ask

im no hater but i know of 3 and working on 4 threads that are ruined

2 of mine and 1 friends all because u have to defend some hybrid. Ya we get it you think C99 is the holy grail... I really dont care all i know is i got an assload of c99 that i will have to make into hash

i am very gratefull for the genetics and have NO doubt that if there was a representative of c99 i would have gotten one from JLP

stop saying your gonna delete your account you tool...

do it stop crying wolf. either that or hang around for a while and learn what some real sativas are.

you came onto this thread trying to be a part of it thats nice. C99 is no ultimate sativa and honestly at this point i dont care if there isnt a better strain for the flower time yadda yadda...

there are better sativas out there and you can find them. i never said they would be faster than c99

if they where im sure they would have a hole in there buzz too.

its hardly about flowering time with ultimate sativas m8

wanna go ahead and list off the other oldschool strains that no one has and is just lying about.

heh

G

ZamalDestroyer x Parvati

Landrace hybrid

the indica in it seems to have added trichs and shortened the flower time:D

Its really something like 50/50 but takes after the sativa.

I would consider this an ultimate sativa if it werent for the parvati heh.
its a close call tho

G

The panama red looks good dude! Nice plants esskie and nepthaze!
~neilspotshop

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
@rude dude. cool to see the PR. Finally done huh? don't forget to give us a good smoke report when she's ready. we're waiting for her.

@ wally. yeah its very true. its tricks of the trade. Just like you said I've always wondered about. outdoor growers seem to never plan budsites. they just bush them out or let them be. but they never PLAN the budsites. if you space out the plants and more importantly train the plant itself to give chosen branches optimum light like indoor growers they'd have alot better yield. But I guess its just so much work in the field.

@ NEPT nice parvati. doesn't have to be a pure sativa you know hybrids are always welcome here.

Last edited:

redrider

Landrace Sativa

Landrace Sativa

More Colombian pure land race Sativa.......

Punto Rojo vegging

Coastal Green Colombian Sativa 1

Coastal Green Colombian Sativa 2

Coastal Green Colombian Sativa 3

NeptHaze
We don't live in that house, it belongs to my wifes family and we just go there every few months to chill out and relax for a week or two. No one "lives" in that house it's like a vacation home for the family.

c99 X ssh I have a lot of respect for the C99 but very few Sativa (Colombian anyway) are "racy" or speedy in fact many of the lowland (reds not to be confused with the high altitude "Punto Rojo") sativa will put you to sleep as fast as any indica.
Peace from the source

Status
Not open for further replies.