What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

xet

The waxy leaf and rubber band like yellow petiole are def a result of high lignin content. Usually due to high humidity and fungi protection but many reasons

You are correct sir

"Wax helps plants to survive in the desert"

goingrey

Looking for some advise on parents for a NLD seed give away (if this is not ok, feel free to delete)

I have a few online and in person communities I contribute to and try and get interest going in long flowering sativas (share photos, some BH7xOHaze seeds I made and of course pass around some spliffs and samples of things I run that have been well received) There has been enough interest among a lot of newer growers who have never tried a 16-20 week Sativa that are interested where I think I could get at least 25-50 of them to give it a go so I’m going to make some seeds to spread around, so a reasonable amour of seeds to make in a home grow.

The question I have is around success rates for strains that I should consider using and hoping to get some feedback on what you all think would be a good first Sativa for it. It would likely be a cross of two of the below.

I’ve got a fair amount to choose from in my vault
Hazes:
OT1 (Ace)
THH
IC Mag haze
BH7 cut
Kali Mist x oHaze
Grinspoon (Barney’s)

Asians:
Holy Hann (friend, will be running this anyway)
Asian Beauty (friend)
Panama x Thai (Ace)
Thai (unknown from friend)

Africans:
Malawi (Ace)
Durban (Oldsog from CBG stock)
And I’m sure a couple of others.

I have never bread with most of these and am not sure what does and doesn’t frequently come through in the progeny.

Any advise and/or other things I should look at? Anyone have any known good males/pollen or females that are solid parents (I can edit this out if not ok)

Thanks in advance and hoping to get some interest in the next generation for our beloved sativas.
As much as I hate to give this advice... make fems. Many people won't even consider growing them otherwise.

olday

Veteran
As much as I hate to give this advice... make fems. Many people won't even consider growing them otherwise.
I was actually considering that for the same reason and using the BH7 as the reversed parent and I have the elite spray on hand. While I think very highly of it there are better out there but it has name recognition and does yield and frosts up well. I do get it though, they take a long time to show sex and while I’ve got nothing but time a lot of others don’t. Just need to find something that has a better high for the Mom. Too bad great NLD cuts don’t fly around like the hype polys do, I have loads of those and don’t even run them. My killer A5 haze cut I have is super potent and I like it a lot, it’s got a touch more sedation than what I am looking to pass around.

goingrey

I was actually considering that for the same reason and using the BH7 as the reversed parent and I have the elite spray on hand. While I think very highly of it there are better out there but it has name recognition and does yield and frosts up well. I do get it though, they take a long time to show sex and while I’ve got nothing but time a lot of others don’t. Just need to find something that has a better high for the Mom. Too bad great NLD cuts don’t fly around like the hype polys do, I have loads of those and don’t even run them. My killer A5 haze cut I have is super potent and I like it a lot, it’s got a touch more sedation than what I am looking to pass around.
What's the high like on the BH7, doesn't have the same kind of sedation or zoning out?

The Durban is pretty interesting as a breeding tool because of its relatively fast flowering while still being a sativa that won't muddy the waters too much.

olday

Veteran
What's the high like on the BH7, doesn't have the same kind of sedation or zoning out?

The Durban is pretty interesting as a breeding tool because of its relatively fast flowering while still being a sativa that won't muddy the waters too much.

The Bandaid Haze is really nice high, up and soaring, long lasting and gentle come down, all the things we like, I just wish it was a bit more trippy instead of euphoric but that’s just my preference, lots of people think it’s among the best. It does check all the other boxes though.
BDDA4067-D842-4A64-A97A-EF6CA4DA0503.jpeg

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran

Latest posts

Latest posts