What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Pineboy212

I recently had a issue with my led,it had stunted the ripening of my plants I had to let some plants go weeks longer.That problem was corrected ,but it took me out of the comfort zone of growing no more than ten week plants,so I’m optimistic about a sativa.Any suggestions is there any that don’t get as tall as most,definitely gonna go clone to flower u said no sedation or ceiling and trippy, thanks ✌️

harvestreaper

Veteran
VideoCapture_20221012-195040.jpg

kumoani

led05

Chasing The Present
I recently had a issue with my led,it had stunted the ripening of my plants I had to let some plants go weeks longer.That problem was corrected ,but it took me out of the comfort zone of growing no more than ten week plants,so I’m optimistic about a sativa.Any suggestions is there any that don’t get as tall as most,definitely gonna go clone to flower u said no sedation or ceiling and trippy, thanks ✌️
FR = stretch, part of phytochrome equation
NR = Squat, other part of phytochrome equation, lots of LED have way too much 665nm range and too little FR 730nm+ - what has a boat load of FR, both HPS & MH, things many people are accustom to.... Far red eventually turns into the radiant energy range etc too, again same deal..... the sun has a lot of energy coming from it, that's for sure, mimicking that to the best extent we can, within reason.... is a good thing
Stunning!
Man that plant looks great. @led05
thank you :tiphat:
Thanks for making me feel totally inadaquate, your pics have probably killed the thread lol Great stuff, gives us all something to aspire to.
it's all good, I live in Central NY and in a especially heavy snow belt region within that, it's gonna melt (the plant) soon I fear but if it doesn't then oh man what a true gem on the hands.... normally first frost has come and gone but not yet this year, cool rains all day today..... thus far she's been a champ, sun angle continuing to lower is a real challenge too.... will be fun to watch, my only goal here is to learn from the plant, anything else is icing on the cake :)

Peace

Last edited:

olday

Veteran
I agree with the above and I think my HLG r spec does a good job in this regard and you can always pick up supplemental red lighting.

I’m not as experienced as many here but have run several NLDs and you are on the right track with running from clone. Other things to consider are smaller pots, some say 1 gallon until sex is shown and then still not a huge up pot. Most of these don’t like a lot of N in the mix, 11/13 light schedule instead of 12/12. Little to no veg cycle. Don’t be afraid to pinch/bend them over. There have been several times where I thought I over did it and the tops literally creased completely over and yet didn’t miss a beat the way they finished up perfectly happy. I also tip once or twice so the growth is spread out across multiple spears. I’ve not run anything yet (and I’ve had some freaky monsters) that I haven’t been able to run indoors with 8’ ceilings with a light and carbon filter above the light. Go for it and you’ll figure it out as you go.

Peace
O

Piff_cat

Airloom

Veteran
The aphids here love my Kumaoni…. ravaged one nearly to death. A very humbling experience. Sure don’t feel like I can grow any kind of sativa outdoors now….

I got this crazy idea reminiscing about some wacky weed I smoked just one time. A Google search led me to the story of original haze and it mentioned “wacky weed” as a Columbian strain the haze brothers had grown. I thought it was hype sales talk (1974 era) but the effect was more powerful than anything I ever smoked. One good hit and I couldn’t hold it long. Took a few seconds to catch my breath and bearings but then I was on a very nice climb in altitude, and attitude…..it just seems much like descriptions I’ve been reading here for months now. I’ve got the seeds honey, if you’ve got the time. Lmfao

I’ve had to get the power washer on them at the lowest pressure and that 40 degree nozzle to blast those suckers off. Released lady bugs but they won’t go near the flowers. One is finished (hermie) and will at least provide plenty of seed. He/she got to a Thai plant as well. I salvaged the other female and she’s been flowering about 3 weeks now.

The hermie is getting chopped as soon as I figure out a safe place to dry her….
@harvestreaper I’m curious about how you chose this strain. Your pictures gave me a nudge to come out of the shadows.

I’ve been reading voraciously and saving it all in my phone.

Humbled by nature…..

Attachments

• 9C8716C9-B337-486D-87EE-B7B1CD988648.jpeg
    9C8716C9-B337-486D-87EE-B7B1CD988648.jpeg
    957.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 4D2C8E75-B482-4D92-A940-342F395FE079.jpeg
    4D2C8E75-B482-4D92-A940-342F395FE079.jpeg
    784.3 KB · Views: 53

harvestreaper

Veteran
The aphids here love my Kumaoni…. ravaged one nearly to death. A very humbling experience. Sure don’t feel like I can grow any kind of sativa outdoors now….

I got this crazy idea reminiscing about some wacky weed I smoked just one time. A Google search led me to the story of original haze and it mentioned “wacky weed” as a Columbian strain the haze brothers had grown. I thought it was hype sales talk (1974 era) but the effect was more powerful than anything I ever smoked. One good hit and I couldn’t hold it long. Took a few seconds to catch my breath and bearings but then I was on a very nice climb in altitude, and attitude…..it just seems much like descriptions I’ve been reading here for months now. I’ve got the seeds honey, if you’ve got the time. Lmfao

I’ve had to get the power washer on them at the lowest pressure and that 40 degree nozzle to blast those suckers off. Released lady bugs but they won’t go near the flowers. One is finished (hermie) and will at least provide plenty of seed. He/she got to a Thai plant as well. I salvaged the other female and she’s been flowering about 3 weeks now.

The hermie is getting chopped as soon as I figure out a safe place to dry her….
@harvestreaper I’m curious about how you chose this strain. Your pictures gave me a nudge to come out of the shadows.

I’ve been reading voraciously and saving it all in my phone.

Humbled by nature…..
hi airloom yes the legendary wacky weed i sometimes get wacky effects smoking way to early or rushed dried sativas hazes but thats not the strongest or best ive experianced but certaintly can make me a lil loco ,,love your statement of "a nice climb in altitude and attitude " perfectly simple sativa description,,sorry bout the bugs and the hermie,,,, pics look good im harsh on my outdoor plants if they cant survive in the enviroment i put them in they fall by wayside even if its not there fault so to speak as to origins and extreme change in enviroment etc,,i cant say i ever chose the kumoani they were freebies from rsc had several packsover the years most were pretty mediocre this one is a cut me an a few friends enjoy nice sweet taste bright positive clear up high when cured she dont finish as she should here in uk but the wispy buds are nice i tried her under lights but she hermied ill prob dust her with some o haze pollen this season as i got a male around and and should make an interesting cross ,,good luck on finishing your plants

GreenAndFast

man she is purdy. now thats whorled phylotaxt!she has some looks in common with outback3 long flowery but shiner leaves. that plant had extremely piny dreads with tiny calyxs ya pull apart they are so sticky. gotta watch relighting the joint or a resin fireball might show up lol. whats her lineage?
Honestly I'm not sure, I see a bit of my Congo in her and some OTH. I've got a big jar of seeds that I've pulled from buds when rolling joints and mix them all up. All my other crosses are known but this one, your guess is as good as mine haha hopefully it turns out like the outback haze, as a I love the look of that plant.

xet

“wacky weed”
Wacky weed is a term that came about by old cattle-driving cowboys in the early 1800s Texas who gave the herb that name because of how the cattle acted after eating the herb. Weed used to grow wild for hundeds of miles all throughout Texas because of the cattle-drive trails from Mexico and headed north thru Texas. Being the vaqueros (cowboys) and cattle originated from south of the Texas border aka Mexico so did the seed in the stomach of the cows who gradually deposited the herb farther and farther north into and presumably north of Texas for a period of time but unlikely given that Texas cattle-trails were all grasslands. So yes that wacky weed was probably Mexican but those genetics could have easily originated from Colombia from the Angolan African slaves who brought the seed there in the first place.

I've been a cowboy and I've had my share of long cattle drives and the cattle who chew down the rogue herb patches do indeed act wacky and try to sneak off at any chance they get. They are a complete pain in the ass and soak up 98% of your time on the drive chasing them and running them back into the herd.

So the term was not about a strain or any strain's effects, the term was purely to give a name to a weed that made cattle behave "wacky" after eating said weed.

I'm not surprised some dudes tried to market that name.

Also, when you are riding behind the cows who eat the patches down they smell like hot fiery purple kush diarrhea. You're welcome.

Today's patches are sown by random people on land that isn't theirs who think cows won't sniff out their patch or something.

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Most impressive @led05

They look very happy. What do you feed them?
Thank you - I farm organically here & have been building the soil here a long time; when I recharge the mediums I use the following which comes in 50# sacks and compared to the woo woo juice marketed into our space it’s Pennies on the dollar… fantastic product - I had a ton dropped shipped a few years ago

AFCCA113-8E9B-4224-8C3B-27C86771292E.jpeg

1C9DC826-58D6-4233-8CA5-5B7ECDC7C277.jpeg

The low angled winter sun flexing already

A2C72933-5F0B-4BFD-BAAB-8D1FC7523955.jpeg

58128697-C52F-4289-A907-C971F8802DBB.jpeg