What's new

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I would like to post some pictures from a cultivar I've preserved and I'm currently breeding with, since I've passed some beans to a good friend in California and Coastal Seeds guys received some beans and tested this lady the past season.

There are some pics from the purple female that originated this offspring on some older posts from some years ago (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6724260&postcount=100).

The plants aren't very powerful but they have a nice and clean buzz, plus the lovely colors and unique chemmy-grape smell makes her super interesting for further research and exploration. Great breeding potential IMHO.

Thanks Kagyu for the pics and treating her so well, so she was able to show her true colors and express such beauty in full effect!

Purple Congolese F2, as close as the legendary Congo Black one could get! LOL

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Selected male from a long held pollen chucked line with lots of S.E. Asian in the genetic stew. Ripens successfully at 42 degrees north:
picture.php

Possible mate for the male above is Miss Universe (Kali Mist... x C99...):
picture.php

picture.php

The goal is the revival of Thai Stick in North America.

ThaiBliss

SICE

Made this mix. Grabbed an Mr. Nice seed ASH and mixed it with a Oaxaca landscape selection I dubbed Pacifico.

(MNS genetics) Afghan Skunk Haze x (Landrace) Oaxacan Pacifico

picture.php

picture.php

Jhhnn

Veteran
Greetings,

Selected male from a long held pollen chucked line with lots of S.E. Asian in the genetic stew. Ripens successfully at 42 degrees north:
View Image

Possible mate for the male above is Miss Universe (Kali Mist... x C99...):
View Image
View Image

The goal is the revival of Thai Stick in North America.

ThaiBliss

The leaves are very reminiscent of plants I grew long ago from mid 70's thai stick seeds. Very distinctive. They never really flowered in southern CO at the time because they ran out of warm weather.

Kudos to you for bringing down the flowering time.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Beautiful color on the congolese musta ,
amazing plant ... nice work on the preservation ...

heres some winter greenhouse zamal ..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

vermontman

I would like to post some pictures from a cultivar I've preserved and I'm currently breeding with, since I've passed some beans to a good friend in California and Coastal Seeds guys received some beans and tested this lady the past season.

There are some pics from the purple female that originated this offspring on some older posts from some years ago (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6724260&postcount=100).

The plants aren't very powerful but they have a nice and clean buzz, plus the lovely colors and unique chemmy-grape smell makes her super interesting for further research and exploration. Great breeding potential IM

Thanks Kagyu for the pics and treating her so well, so she was able to show her true colors and express such beauty in full effect!

Purple Congolese F2, as close as the legendary Congo Black one could get! LOL

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace.

Awesome as always my good friend, and Thai So looking forward to what your wonderful looking lady becomes.:tiphat:

vermontman

MULANJE GOLD F2 and F3
8.5 weeks into flower.

Attachments

• MULANJE 8.5 WEEKS 014.jpg
    MULANJE 8.5 WEEKS 014.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 17
  • MULANJE 8.5 WEEKS 024.jpg
    MULANJE 8.5 WEEKS 024.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 18
  • MULANJE 8.5 WEEKS 030.jpg
    MULANJE 8.5 WEEKS 030.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 18
  • MULANJE 8.5 WEEKS 035.jpg
    MULANJE 8.5 WEEKS 035.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 17

Tipunch

2017 grow

2017 grow

Hi everyone, glad to be on board, this thread is a legendary thread, so many outstanding pics and advices and growers!

Been puffing for 30 years and 10 years of growing but need à little advice.

This year I'm on SSH, DurbanP, ColombianG,AcapulcoG, Bluedream and Lemoncandy. I know that many people on this thread have grown ' ColombianG, I"m using World of seeds, outdoor.

What difference in soil mix, nuts and overall flowering times have you seen between ColombianG (75% sativa as WOS say), AcapulcoG, DurbanP and SSH? Should I feed them a little or none nuts given I will have a supersoil a bit hot. It's all in a greenhouse. I Will be doing the Nugbuckets approach to lst approach to maximize yield and lower hight.

Thanks for advices,

Talk later, have a good one!

Tipunch

Hello Everyone and nice pics!!

Well, I'm here to hopefully get an idea of what I'm working with here... and while I know it's impossible to ID a strain for sure, I was hoping for some feedback from some of you sativa experts on this dude I found and what he could potentially be based off leaf and bud structure.

I got a bag of what was supposedly "Cotton Candy" and found a couple beans in that bag. I cut through one of the beans on accident chopping up the nug and the other one grew this guy here... Looks nothing like any Cotton Candy pics I've seen, so hard to say really what's going on here. In any case, he's crazy vigorous and grows extremely fast and worked his way through some pretty nasty nute burn a few weeks back although you would never know it by looking at him. In anycase, here's some shots and hoping to get a rough Idea of what he resembles in the strain department. He's about to have hot plant sex with a few of my GLC girls because I'm adventurous like that... I was really impressed with the bounce back and speed at which he grows and I love the coloring and the look of the leaves. Seems to be producing fairly tight little flower packs so far, but it's only day 10 of 12/12... Mixing him with the GLC may prove to create some interesting creations.

Anyway... If anyone wants to speculate I'm all ears!! Here he is!

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Hi a few years back I grew C5 from Chimera, as well as Schnazzleberry. C5 has 50% of Cotton candy. If you get huge heards the size of your arm with a female, cotton candy like taste then you probably have the right cut. The Schnazz has a unique taste, very uplifting, real gems car be found on both, taste and buzz for Schanzz, I would use CC to increase yield and shorthen flowering time with a sativa.

Good luck!
Cheers

Manivelle

Veteran
t'es francais tipunch ?
if you're not ... you should open a thread in the greenhouse section . plenty of people will be happy to help once your thread will be opened .

Tipunch

Hi Manivelle, sure am but I'm more interested on advices on colombian growing than on the greenhouse. I'd like to know if I should do a cooler soil with colombian or acapulco and if I should feed them nuts or not.

Thanks for your help Manivelle,
Take care

Manivelle

Veteran
it's better to open your thread .
but yes roots allways like to have their roots protected from heat .
for the nuts . you don't need it, if your soil is good.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Think he is talking hot cold in regards to soil nutrient ammendments, not root zone temps.,
Well I grew pure Columbians , and yes they do best on a lighter mix and fed teas n foilers as needed... Now world of seeds Columbian I believe has some other things crossed into it because they advertised flower time , so its probably much less sensitive then the pure I grew that took 20wks...

thejact55

Hi everyone, glad to be on board, this thread is a legendary thread, so many outstanding pics and advices and growers!

Been puffing for 30 years and 10 years of growing but need à little advice.

This year I'm on SSH, DurbanP, ColombianG,AcapulcoG, Bluedream and Lemoncandy. I know that many people on this thread have grown ' ColombianG, I"m using World of seeds, outdoor.

What difference in soil mix, nuts and overall flowering times have you seen between ColombianG (75% sativa as WOS say), AcapulcoG, DurbanP and SSH? Should I feed them a little or none nuts given I will have a supersoil a bit hot. It's all in a greenhouse. I Will be doing the Nugbuckets approach to lst approach to maximize yield and lower hight.

Thanks for advices,

Talk later, have a good one!

Like others have said, light on the nutes. I feed mine 2-4 times with teas, and have my soil fortified with slow release organic nutes. Never heavy fast acting synthetic. Lst is perfect, and a must. Interesting how WOS will turn out, my experiences with that brand have left me untrusting....but i hope yours are awesome.

Tipunch

Thanks guys, I'll go light on the nutes then. Can't wait to see if this WOS Colombian Gold tastes like what I scored 20 years back when we could still buy some here.

BTW, Anyone heard or tried anything from Senegal ? One of the wickiest weed I ever tried when I travelled there? Looked like a typical african, but was really psychadelic.

Cheers