What's new

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Grover Sativa

imho The original haze has a “pure and better high” if I was to compare it to the NHz x Posi … which also has that similar high it may even be stronger but it’s a little bit more darkness… interestingly enough the Wallyduck NHz x C5 May even be more potent but even more darker for lack of a better word
Yes, Nevil (and Shanti) had a thing about crossing sativas with Afghans (like NL5)... for me, it's the worst thing you could add to a sativa but I suppose in those days it bought those sativas into the indoor growroom. It was his way of making those tropical monsters growable for the average farmer (like me!) and we didn't really know any better then as most of what we grew was either Skunk, Northern Lights, White Widow or Kush.. Shanti's great catalogue is still that way today - none of his sativas are free of some kind of Afghan or other.. Nevil's plants (as well as something called FLO, which was utterly lovely) were a great introduction to Sativas for me - NL5/Haze was actually the first I tried and I thought it rocked!!! (at least compared to the pure Northern Lights that I grew it next to...) totally different.... a real delight, at the time... nowadays I would be annoyed by the NL in it, mind - it DOES have some kind of darkness and long long fingers that reach down generations!
There are a lot of growers who think that anything that takes longer than, say, 12 weeks is not worth the extra effort - and who am I to argue? It's a point... but those people probably don't mind smoking some afghan with their sativas - but, for me, there's no way in the World that I want to smoke a sativa and feel sleepy afterwards and the indica effect does hit me hard because I generally don't smoke too many.. horses, courses and all that...

Today there are plenty of pure sativas to choose and people have learnt how to grow them better - pure hazes in tents, Landraces from all over the World, Organic Techniques, LED lights, etc...just look at the quality of Maha Kala's crosses (above) for a great example.. and there's nothing like a pure tropical sativa for effect...but yes, they are harder to grow (especially outside of the Tropics...)

My two 'go to' (though I'll try anything!, lol - I do like a Mexican..) are Thai and Jamaican and they are pretty different yet both very much 'Tropical'... Both have been crossed with Northern Lights many many times, over the years - both successfully and not so...

I'm not going to cuss anyone for smoking indica/sativa hybrids - I've enjoyed loads - but there's something about the subtle(sometimes!) effects that can really creep up on you, the soaring Euphoria, the cleanness of the effects and the fact that you can get higher and higher and higher...without falling asleep! it's also the aromas - more of a 'perfume' than a 'smell' (I'm not sure I put that quite right but hey-ho..)

Below is the Highland Ethiopian (Amhara region) - it's flowering properly now - but it's only just finishing it's stretch (or it's streeeeeeeeeetch!!) It's not the greatest photo, so I'm sorry about that... You're not fitting THAT into a grow tent...

Ethiopia1.JPG

GreenAndFast

So,
Looking great lotta 🔥 in there

How many days flower ?

Also how many Goli Haze are you running ?

1luvbigherb
Days flowering is pretty up there for most of the plants. Minimum 90-100 I'd say and that is on the lower end of my expectations. Most will go 120-160 easily. MT especially. The fast pheno MT was planted at the same time as another and that one has only now gotten preflowers.

I have two gollis from 12 popped. One is particularly runty looking but getting better and the other looks very good super skinny leaves.

GreenAndFast

Golli haze needs an bigger pot I think. Extremely thin leads. Very pleasing to the eye
IMG-20230914-WA0014.jpg

Acid beauty from clone. Better photo of whole plant. Used my partners phone instead haha
IMG-20230914-WA0013.jpg

Mango Thai full plant shot. From clone also
IMG-20230914-WA0009.jpg

Tropical boogie clone
IMG-20230914-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230914-WA0007.jpg

Mango Thai repro. Long flowering individual.
IMG-20230914-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20230914-WA0006.jpg

And this is another long flowering MT
IMG-20230914-WA0004.jpg

This thread has got to be the best on any canna forum in the world. The standard is so high. Great job everyone.

CARCHOFA

Hello mates! A friend has grown a fem seed of a cross of two almost pure sativas, angola and nigeria. He had put it under 24h of light and then He passed the girl direct to flower because he read it in a book of jorge cervantes. The plant finally throw some bananas. I’m not an expert but I think this kind of sativas don’t tolerate this luminic stress. Ehat says your experience or ehat do you think about?
Thanks

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
tropical boogie doesnt have any NL symptoms. kona gold as sativa dom cultivar doesnt disturb clarity and cerebral qualities of thaihaze. yet Kona takes flowering down to 12 weeks..

some pics from @Jahaze

20230622_095255-jpg.18856957

20230622_095907-jpg.18856961

20230715_105749-jpg.18865829

he told me:

" #2 plant I did take a sample at 10 weeks and had some after a quick dry. Very smooth floral/mango taste with a quick onset of effect. It is energetic, a touch racy but nothing crazy and euphoric. Aside from the initial head pressure it tightens my chest but it doesn't make me anxious or nervous...obviously needs a good cure but thought I'd mention my initial experience. I took about 2 joints worth off #2 and smoked each down to my fingertips...really tasty and effect is my kind of ride. Good duration even without cure of about 2.5 hours easy between hits.

plant #2 is exceptional in effect and potency. It has a fuely mango taste with a mild spicy hazy undertone that is so very smooth even with no long term cure. I will wait to properly cure before I post my final thoughts but wanted you to know 1st. I'm getting 2.5 hours between hits and loving every minute. A 1gram joint will carry me all afternoon."
I really like the structure of the flowers for a sativa.😍

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I really like the structure of the flowers for a sativa.😍

Kona gold contains some indica. my guess is chitral... fruity indica, different that those masculine smelling garlic afghan, chemical mazars etc...

I bred tropical boogie for indoor and northern growers. tropical growers dont need muc of breeding imo, those tropical cultivars are already bred to perform excellently in tropics.

look at my first grow of this 26 years old cut of Kona Gold. piney fruity nectar with menthol schnapps background, no skunk smells, I would say that terps are same level as oaxacan79, so a lot of monoterps probably.

full

full

full

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
There are a lot of growers who think that anything that takes longer than, say, 12 weeks is not worth the extra effort - and who am I to argue? It's a point... but those people probably don't mind smoking some afghan with their sativas - but, for me, there's no way in the World that I want to smoke a sativa and feel sleepy afterwards and the indica effect does hit me hard because I generally don't smoke too many.. horses, courses and all that...

absolutely agree...

I meet those guys everyday. they tell me my gear is good, but they need that aghan in it... they admit it... they like that stony effect... and dont enjoy that clear one of pure sativa... yet they still call themselves sativa lovers, and such super silver haze or ghost train haze is more sativa than chemdog or og kush. thats sure it is more sativa. but still it is not sativa. so no they are not real sativa lovers. what they call sativa is aghanhaze in fact.

I smoke a lot and can be functional on glue or og kush, but I dont enjoy it. everything is so hard to do.. it is relaxing.

on good thaihaze hash you can be high all night without be sleepy or tired, and thats what I call a ride hahahahha

Last edited: