What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Airloom

Veteran
@goingrey Yeah man, got some heavy aphid activity going on. Recently moved the tent and cleaned down but I must have missed some in the plants. Any tips on getting rid?
Late I’m sure but I had a real learning experience with aphids in flower.

They didn’t really touch the HYBRIDS, but loved the sweet Kumaoni nearly to death.

After much angst I found success with Dr Zymes eliminator for aphids and other soft bodied pests. It works well but needs to be mixed properly and used right away. It’s like 100$ US a gallon but I think the mix is 4 ounces per gallon for the foliar. I bought the Sun Joe portable sprayer on Amazon just for this mission. I’d get 5 gallons of ph’d water and keep it on a heating pad on low. To mix a batch I microwaved a quart at a time for 1:30 got it to 80 degrees. The heat pad would hold her steady until needed. (Yes this was my daily routine until chop)
Trust me it was easy to get into the whole routine after a while.

It can be used as a soil drench as well
It’s a proprietary high acid liquid that eats the exoskeleton of aphids. No other sprays really work on them because they don’t get enough contact with the leaf SURFACE due to their mandibles sucking just the chlorophyll; like a needle drawing blood.

NOBODY in my AO could help.

I think I found something on OG or THC Farmer

One dude said “you can watch them die”
I used my 10x loupe to verify that. After a spraying I’d go back with the loupe looking for movement. Ladybugs helped a bit but not like the Doctor. I even used a power washer on low with the 40 degree nozzle to knock off the debris.

I THINK your plants look great considering the damage those little _______can do.

Using the loupe isn’t mandatory as those images kinda lingered in my mind. I am not the squeamish type just an FYI

Hope this helps a bit

olday

Veteran
FWIW I’ve had mixed reviews with Zymes, I feel it’s one you can use safely in flower and is a good IPM but it doesn’t knock things out for good. You can get a smaller cheaper bottle from them directly.

Last time I had to deal with them I used Triazicide (cheap from Home Depot) and while I didn’t/wouldn’t use it in flower, I cleaned up veg and the next cycle quick fast and completely.

GreenAndFast

Late I’m sure but I had a real learning experience with aphids in flower.

They didn’t really touch the HYBRIDS, but loved the sweet Kumaoni nearly to death.

After much angst I found success with Dr Zymes eliminator for aphids and other soft bodied pests. It works well but needs to be mixed properly and used right away. It’s like 100$ US a gallon but I think the mix is 4 ounces per gallon for the foliar. I bought the Sun Joe portable sprayer on Amazon just for this mission. I’d get 5 gallons of ph’d water and keep it on a heating pad on low. To mix a batch I microwaved a quart at a time for 1:30 got it to 80 degrees. The heat pad would hold her steady until needed. (Yes this was my daily routine until chop)
Trust me it was easy to get into the whole routine after a while.

It can be used as a soil drench as well
It’s a proprietary high acid liquid that eats the exoskeleton of aphids. No other sprays really work on them because they don’t get enough contact with the leaf SURFACE due to their mandibles sucking just the chlorophyll; like a needle drawing blood.

NOBODY in my AO could help.

I think I found something on OG or THC Farmer

One dude said “you can watch them die”
I used my 10x loupe to verify that. After a spraying I’d go back with the loupe looking for movement. Ladybugs helped a bit but not like the Doctor. I even used a power washer on low with the 40 degree nozzle to knock off the debris.

I THINK your plants look great considering the damage those little _______can do.

Using the loupe isn’t mandatory as those images kinda lingered in my mind. I am not the squeamish type just an FYI

Hope this helps a bit
Thanks for that brother 🤘

Airloom

Veteran
FWIW I’ve had mixed reviews with Zymes, I feel it’s one you can use safely in flower and is a good IPM but it doesn’t knock things out for good. You can get a smaller cheaper bottle from them directly.

Last time I had to deal with them I used Triazicide (cheap from Home Depot) and while I didn’t/wouldn’t use it in flower, I cleaned up veg and the next cycle quick fast and completely.
Thanks for adding to this discussion. I need editing badly and fact check dot org sometimes. I’m ok with my shortcomings.

Doctor Zymes is not a KO solution and your contribution kind of completes my incomplete post. This is the kind of civil discourse that helps ME grow on. Appreciate your comments and experience

led05

Chasing The Present
HI Indica x Ampakafo - 50/50 hybrid, looks mostly NLD dominate to me, beautiful F1 X, great structure, terps & looks to be bringing the power

2 plants, tall ones in front & back

9288BB58-375F-42E5-A870-EA31DD264D84.jpeg

7D243159-9FA9-4FB5-8530-2CFB66BF1A18.jpeg

782617FE-D12C-4D66-AE97-C8B065510B40.jpeg

6AC2538F-288D-45E0-BA21-BAA6ECF582FC.jpeg

4D6E5CB5-BDF5-4F46-8D1C-CB7D4FE7C5D8.jpeg

36C56226-F5D4-48CE-9428-44CA540273C3.jpeg

0196C16C-D8EC-45A9-89D4-81FA8A693C69.jpeg

Entire room was heavily pollinated

GreenAndFast

Chopped the top 1/2 of the double zamal this morning. Last time I ran it, I took it a bit later than normal and it had a bit of sedation that I didn't enjoy. Barely any but for me that's not good. So I'm trying to dial in the harvest time. The bottom half will get another week to 2.
PXL_20230325_073503699.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230325_073211456.jpg
PXL_20230325_072821698.jpg

Bottom half
PXL_20230325_074140878.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20230325_074136188.PORTRAIT.jpg

Mango Thai x (Zamaldelica x Congo) seed plant.
PXL_20230325_074230883.MP.jpg

(OTH x Mango Thai) x (zamaldelica x Congo) cut
PXL_20230325_074243568.PORTRAIT.jpg

EL x RB) x AB. Should be interesting 🤔
PXL_20230325_074248018.PORTRAIT.jpg

The rest of the harem...
PXL_20230325_074256440.PORTRAIT.jpg

GreenAndFast

I thought I had already smoked the last of the original seed plant bud. But would you look at that. Found a jar behind all my other jars with this in. Jar says Mango Thai 9 months flower 🤣
Well happy Easter to me and everyone on here. Lovely excuse to get baked and eat my kids chocolate eggs heh
PXL_20230409_115739929.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230409_115744023.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts