What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Old Piney

So back in the day , mid to late 70s when I first started smoking and growing we had that compacted Columbian weed some was gold .some was a bit darker and some was gold with red tips. I'd grow out the seeds outside , pinching little tops to dry and smoke it wasn't bad .It would just start to flowering and we'd get a freeze .I recall some of it have pink hairs. it wasn't until theu late seventies that the first Green sinsemilla came around, they were calling it Hawaiian blue .My friend who was selling it for his older brother had saved up some of the few seeds it had .I grew them out it was wonderful it had a sweet pine or fir like taste and smell .like the Columbian it was a long stretched sativa but it matured in time

olday

Veteran
E0D66868-2F50-4350-9BB7-F1AB81C14426.jpeg

Double post from the Destroyer thread but the more extreme Pheno is cranking out some really nice juicyfruit/jackfruit dominant smells. Hope she keeps them through the cure.

Snowhigh’s guerrero green x Michoacán gpb. Went into December outdoors last year. Smoke is fantastic, some pheno have a leathery smell and another has a nice mango smell. Both taste like old school smoke getting better with a cure and the effects are in the head, energetic, and smile inducing 😃

Attachments

• 956ED0AC-D4D8-4EF1-8637-5C0AEA213505.jpeg
    956ED0AC-D4D8-4EF1-8637-5C0AEA213505.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • F4487180-C52A-4C28-9929-F461B7501F14.jpeg
    F4487180-C52A-4C28-9929-F461B7501F14.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63

GreenAndFast

I'm flowering out one of my Mango Thai mother plants(well over a year and a half old). Few bananas and immature seeds, not really an issue as I'll sift the lot. The smell however has changed quite significantly. From a definite Mango, citric, Chocolatey. To a very heavy mentholated stank. Has anyone ever experienced this sort of thing?
PXL_20230308_145741367.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230308_145714808.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230308_145721357.PORTRAIT.jpg

Running a few Honduras, zamaldelica and Lao sa this year. And a lot more of my super sativa seed mix, basically all of my crosses have had a few beans put aside into a jar. The jar is pretty full. Not to @led05 standards haha but plenty for me. I will be looking very deep into this jar this year looking for interesting phenotypes. All will be chosen by effect and to a lesser extent terps. Yield is not a concern. Should be a fun one. Expect plenty more photos 🤜
PXL_20230311_151148993.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230311_151143787.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230311_151147241.PORTRAIT.jpg

olday

Veteran
best stateside source for sativa/pure sativa beans?

Thanks in advance.

-cap

I think whatever bank stocks proven breeders, there are a few great ones but for good odds of finding keepers I normally recommend Ace seeds. They have been worked enough to weed out a lot of hay, herms and lesser phenos.

If you can grab the Bandaid haze 7 cut I would consider starting there as it makes for a good baseline frame of reference while still yielding well and being relatively easier to get across the finish line for a 14-16 week strain.

Grover Sativa

Hey All - I hope you're all OK - sorry that I've been away from the threads so long - I've had much shit to deal with in the UK (mainly family stuff - a few court cases - some property deals...)
We didn't move to France in the end - we made it to Greece! (a particularly beautiful island...)

Anyway, the Pure Jamaican was reproduced using Fruity Juice and other parental plants and was banging!
(PLUG - it's available on The Landrace Team's website)

I also managed to make the Thai-Jam cross (as suggested in these very pages..) Jamaican Fruity Juice and another female with the best of my Double Thai males. It's not fully tested yet but also available with the Landrace Team - anybody who fancies trying that sort of stuff - get yourself some packs and let me know how you get on - feedback always helps!!!

- I also crossed 'Fruity Juice' Jamaican female with a Pineapple Skunk and it was some of the most panic-inducing, highest weed I ever smoked... I even threw a White-y (and it's been years since that happened!) The Jamaican crosses real well (as all pure Jamaican sativa do) and is very dominant (as all Pure Jamaican sativa are...) Anybody here fancy breeding a sativa to a commercial strain then the Jamaican 'Longtime' is a good starting point and I encourage it wholeheartedly - let me know how you get on!!

Unfortunately I didn't produce enough seeds for any commercial stock of JamxSkunk and I grew out most of what I had - I've still got a handful of them here but I'm not sure I will go further with them as there were one or two intersex issues coming from the Pineapple Skunk... still, the experiment was a great success in that it showed the possibilities of The Pure Jamaican when out-crossed (well, to Skunk, anyway..)

If I make any more crosses to the pure Jamaican I will let you all know!

Fruity Juice herself is no more but I have a big bag of the pure Jamaican seeds she mothered (although the stuff at The Landrace team is a mix of her offspring and the offspring of another lovely female and a couple of males - to keep the genetics nice and open...) so she lives on in seeds form!!!

I'm soon going to start work on some newer Landraces (Hamedan from Iran, some Ethiopian landraces and other African Landrace strains, possibly some Myanmar - you never know..) I'll let you know what works.... and what doesn't!

I hope you're all well... Any questions or comments? Hit Me !! (or PM me...)

(and sorry for the obvious plugs but a few growers have been interested in the Jamaican and that's where she is available...)

Now I've gotta catch up with this thread and see what y'all have been up to! I've got plenty of reading to do..

Latest posts

Latest posts