What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I must have said this at least 50 times.

This is one of the greatest threads on IC.
To everyone who has posted and contributed.
Thanks to all of you.

-cap

harvestreaper

Veteran
laos uhkrul 19.jpg

laos x uhkrul...... 19weeks

funkyhorse

There are talks of haze competitions and the judging criteria seem to be commercially oriented. Football and rugby cups are all bought and judges are all biased. The cannabis competitions at this part of the world are always won by the organizers and when criterias are smell and taste it is clear these cups are not grower oriented and far from reality, at the end is just all hype

I think the supposed best must be tested against anything like a true champ and not against selected strains of the same family
One of the criterias of the haze cup is appearance. For the appearance of finnished buds I dont care at all and it doesnt say shit about the quality of the smoke

But I like the idea of the cup and I hold it at home and I am the only tester and only judge
While appearance of buds dont move me at all, appearance of the plants certainly move me and make me contemplate at their beauty every day
So in the category appearance of plants these are the winners for the 20/21 season
1st place goes to Laos girl 3, picture from 3 days ago after winter solstice
Laos 3 (3).jpeg

Laos lower leaves
Laos 3 leaves (2).jpeg

Laos girl 3 10 days ago
Laos fem 3 (12).jpeg

2nd place for appearance goes to Ukhrul girl 2 after winter solstice
Ukhrul fem 2 (6).jpeg

In the category appearance while hazes are beautiful they dont make the podium, in the category trimming Ohazes are in the bottom of the list.

harvestreaper I understand we are growing the Ukhrul release from the same seedbank, hopefully this strain dont have so many different releases carrying the same name as other strains from the same seedbank so we can compare
Are you counting weeks since flip to 11/13 or since it showed first pistils?
I am seeing huge difference in this Ukhrul strain(and many others mainly landraces) between indoors and outdoors grown. Indoors Ukhrul took 70-90 days on 11/13 just to show sex. Outdoors they show sex inexorably on the autumm equinox and they finnish on the winter solstice, it takes 3 months or 13 weeks to be ready outdoors since showing sex

Have a nice july everybody

harvestreaper

Veteran
There are talks of haze competitions and the judging criteria seem to be commercially oriented. Football and rugby cups are all bought and judges are all biased. The cannabis competitions at this part of the world are always won by the organizers and when criterias are smell and taste it is clear these cups are not grower oriented and far from reality, at the end is just all hype

I think the supposed best must be tested against anything like a true champ and not against selected strains of the same family
One of the criterias of the haze cup is appearance. For the appearance of finnished buds I dont care at all and it doesnt say shit about the quality of the smoke

But I like the idea of the cup and I hold it at home and I am the only tester and only judge
While appearance of buds dont move me at all, appearance of the plants certainly move me and make me contemplate at their beauty every day
So in the category appearance of plants these are the winners for the 20/21 season
1st place goes to Laos girl 3, picture from 3 days ago after winter solstice

Laos lower leaves

Laos girl 3 10 days ago

2nd place for appearance goes to Ukhrul girl 2 after winter solstice

In the category appearance while hazes are beautiful they dont make the podium, in the category trimming Ohazes are in the bottom of the list.

harvestreaper I understand we are growing the Ukhrul release from the same seedbank, hopefully this strain dont have so many different releases carrying the same name as other strains from the same seedbank so we can compare
Are you counting weeks since flip to 11/13 or since it showed first pistils?
I am seeing huge difference in this Ukhrul strain(and many others mainly landraces) between indoors and outdoors grown. Indoors Ukhrul took 70-90 days on 11/13 just to show sex. Outdoors they show sex inexorably on the autumm equinox and they finnish on the winter solstice, it takes 3 months or 13 weeks to be ready outdoors since showing sex

Have a nice july everybody

lovely looking plants funkyhorse good to see others growing the uhkrul the pic i posted is a laos x uhkrul cross and is 19 weeks from flip i bought uhkrul first release only one seed germed an it was very good weed i lost the cut but had crossed it to nanan bouclou which yeilded nice plants ,,i recently went thryu another 30 uhkrul from a later batch an only found 2 near the first one i had in potency ,,the fastest were around 13 weeks longest 18 all indoor ,,comparing outdoor to indoor there is always a dimension missing when grown under lights imo and even when smoking quality indoor grown sativas i always think what would this be like sungrown so the flowering diffrence you mention makes sense as everything as it should be outside ,,.,

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Cannabiogen Oaxaca'79s1 cured for around 7month now. Smells sweet/sour 7UP like, smokes very smooth.....

DSC00089_1.jpg
DSC00090_1.jpg
DSC00094_1.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00094_1.jpg
    DSC00094_1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 32

Digger102

Hola buddy

Yeah, recovering after losing everything to a house fire.

Luckily, I have 20 females and 20 males going, so gonna try and make a fresh start sith breeding.

Glad you're recovering and sorry to hear that! Hope your breeding goes well. Holla if you need anything and maybe we can make something happen. The original message said breeeed bay (spelled correctly), but it blocked it for some reason.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Beaaauutiful.

How's the effect?

It's a nice warm head high with a sligthly body feeling to it, these were harvested around Day 89 12/12 or so. On my first run with her i've harvested around Day 60, was much more racy with less body, on the next run i'll try to harvest at Day 70 or so.

Really do like this Oaxaca, it has some pretty nice traits i like, one of them is the discrete smell when being in flower, not has a typical cannabis smell. Seems to have a pretty nice mold resistance and nice long colas with a cool bud structure, want to make a little cross for outdoor, probably a fem. cross. This Oaxaca gives be a good idea where Mextiza has most of it's aroma from. :)

funkyhorse

Indian Skunk Seedsman Skunkman Range
Outdoors at this stage buds got mold
From cut after 45 days indoors, pistils look like roots, I didnt see this before
Indian skunk fem 2 (2).jpeg
Indian skunk fem 2 (3).jpeg
Indian skunk fem 2.jpeg

Attachments

• Indian skunk fem 2 (2).jpeg
    Indian skunk fem 2 (2).jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 22

bleepboop

High voltage f3 (ACG-C99 x power plant) male x TRSC Ukhrul female at around 7.5weeks since started flowering. Popped 3 and this female was very drought resistant and NLD.

Slightly pollinated with its brother who also dropped on a high voltage f3 cut I'd kept around.

Attachments

• photo2056231.jpg
    photo2056231.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2056232.jpg
    photo2056232.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 25

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Indian Skunk Seedsman Skunkman Range
Outdoors at this stage buds got mold
From cut after 45 days indoors, pistils look like roots, I didnt see this before

Wow, NLD? It looks nice! I have old kerala crush from tfd, it's the same genetics, very small seeds ...

harvestreaper

Veteran
Click image for larger version  Name:	t hz 5  16w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	17896547
todds haze pheno 5 16 weeks flo "the musky fat goose" if you ever seen a fat goose try take off,, she same way,,, slow an clumsy to get going but once airborne smooth an easy in flight ,,,,,,,,,
Click image for larger version  Name:	lao uhk 20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.4 KB ID:	17896548

rsc,,laos/mango thai x rsc uhkrul 20 weeks flo ,, oldscool nostalgiac clear trancey in effect just rolled one with a mix of these two lines ,, and i saw that it was good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diKS6tIWQjY

Latest posts

Latest posts