What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
picture.php

Triple leaves specimen, Swazi Rooi F3

Koondense

Veteran
Pan-O-Haze and OHaze, grown in 2dl plastic cups.
Lost the count but I think we're at around 17 weeks, chopping them right now.

picture.php

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

1-November.

King Congo 1° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company ). Born during the first week of May.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peacefrog

Veteran
CBG Punto Rojo 131 Days since flip:

picture.php

Here's a full tent shot of the madness that will never end. These are all cuttings from the seed plant I started early April.

picture.php

They were all went into 11.5/12.5 as soon as they were rooted. The one in the back left is at 153 days since flip and probably needs a few more weeks to finish bulking up. I potted it up too late in flowering and it went crazy with fresh growth and set back the finishing time several weeks. I've tried different pot sizes and timing of repots with the cuttings to see if I could figure out how to grow it best. I've culled a few attempts that weren't working out. I did chop one member of this tent last night that was at 132 days and I think it will produce some decent smoke.

I've tried a few branches and it gave me a nice buzz. The scent is an earthy mango and it smokes smooth. Was it worth waiting 7 months just to try out? I'm not sure about that but it was at the top of my list if I ever got back into growing. Some may call it hay and would never spend so much time on it. But the other two plants in this tent give me hope that I can take this plant to a bountiful finish with the lessons I've learned so far. And I will have a nice stock of fluffy happy daytime smoke.

So I'm going to try one more time with this gal. Her mom is still around but I don't see me keeping her around for the long term. It was a fun way to get back into growing and I have definitely scratched my Punto Rojo itch.

picture.php

Ignore the dead leaves in the background. I'm usually tidier than that. Thanks everyone for the awesome pictures and stories in this thread.

meizzwang

Thank you for sharing pics Peacefrog! That stuff will get you ripped uncured, but it's way more potent after it cures for a few months.

For comparison, BSC's punto rojo finished outdoors in the PNW Oct 31st, and it was absolutely worth the wait! 2 rips of rosin extracted from barely dried buds gave a soaring, strong, happy, clear headed high! Not too overpowering. Rosin was very harsh, could barely breath after 2 really big rips! I slept very well and there were no weed-aches or hangover/dazed feelings the next day. Finishing times range from as early as mid October thru mid December! Aroma ranges from spicy-sweet to incredible, pungent candy sweet! All of this diversity originated from only 3 seedlings!

BSC's version of punto rojo, absolutely worth growing and with selective pressure, you can find relatively early phenos:
50528430933_d92a55eb29_c.jpg

near harvest time, the buds got very heavy and couldn't support themselves without being propped up. This made it hard to get any decent pics when they were looking their best, this plant had an enormous yield:
50580914493_9866046a85_c.jpg

50528440738_e6218350b6_c.jpg

this was the early finishing one, not very productive or aromatic, but decent resin production:
50581779602_90cd67d68e_c.jpg

dried punto rojo from a few years back:
38409453432_cb71005548_c.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts