What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Aphilas

Hello all, i just wanted to say i really enjoy this thread (search for tripweed too and many others here) and i have been reading this many times from start to finish. Kinda obsessively even hehe...

I have been searching info mostly from icmag to be able to grow sativas decently indoors and started gathering landraces and other worthy mostly sat strains from seedbanks since i've seen that many strains are lost and not always available. So better get them while they still are and make more seeds and spread them around if possible.

I like sativa/indica hybrids and indicas too but sativas have definitely become my passion and they have that "something" that just clicks for me. Also i want to see everything this plant has to offer and all the uniqueness of what the different strains from different parts of the world hold and landraces are the way to go for that. Eventually i want to make my own crosses and create something that is tailored just for me and my preferences and really looking forward for the long journey ahead of me.

I want to thank you all with your contributions and info, this site and growing in general has made my life better and is a nice way to "escape" and balance my real life and focus my energy into something that gives me strength and good vibes to carry on. And now when i finally signed in and made a profile im sure it just gets better.

@ purple clouds, nice report, not too many of those around from that strain. Really appreciate it.

Since you are the only person that i've seen grow Mango/Red Thai recently i wanted to ask is there lot's of hermies in this line? I remember reading that someone said it was full of them and didn't recommend it indoors. I know that Thais are generally very hermie prone especially indoors but i just wanna know is this one exceptionally prone to it? Also if i remember correctly the batch i have was reproduced when someone found a true male and i was thinking could that lower the risk of hermies? Since the repro was made using only one stable male. Thanks in advance...

kamyo

Veteran
Currently can only join the flower fun with my sativa hybrid Nirvana Sterling Haze cutting 5 or so weeks into flower. It's their NLHaze variety and the mother looks like she'll go 11-12 weeks. She's currently at 10 (second pic)
picture.php

picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
And here's a cut of my Malaysian. I call it that because that's the origin of the bud/seed as far as I know, but I don't know where the bud originally came from. Can assume not too far away, so probably somewhere within Indonesia/SE Asia.

Friend I got the cut from is growing her indoors and it's probably 7 feet tall and completely out of control with a very long way to go if he keeps her in 12/12. He's probably regretting not flowering her sooner, but it's such a beautiful plant. Something you'd see in a textbook for landrace sativa. I don't have any pics of his that don't prominently display his face, so we'll just have to wait for my little girl to grow out.
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Panama x original haze
The most beautiful female,
Three plants, three females, a nightmare for those who, like me, are interested in the production of seeds ...
Hehehe
View Image

I made a really big mistake in the evaluation of sex, they are two females and one male ....
When I don't smoke for too long ...hahaha
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
So many nice pictures. Good job peeps! I love this time of year.
Here is my earliest Baglung Nepali:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Last night I had to chop down early. I talked it about in other threads.

But I took the Bangi Haze and made a live bho. I have never tasted anything like it. I'm not sure if it's because the flowers are only 2-4 weeks old, but it was delicious.

Like a dab of pine needles. I say needles instead of pine sap or resin because bit had a very fresh green smell.

I'm usually horrible at describing tastes, but this one was easy. Like chewing on pine needles

Here is what I saved for flowers. Purple Satellite
picture.php

picture.php

M

Mr D

Vietnamese Black in the front. Killer A5 haze is barely visible behind the VB. All the way in the back is Panama haze

VB A5 PH.jpg

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Orient Express to the right, Panama to the left. Both are over 8 foot
They love it when I put the Rainbird sprinkler on them! :D

picture.php

L

laredo

I`m just dreaming from real old thai sativas.
Thailand will legalise cannabis very soon and can You imagine in how many
thousand villages You will find the real old ones?
Will the worldwide expensive cannabis seedbusiness broke down because the real treasure comes up and will cost only peanuts?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ed-to-take-an-early-lead-in-the-cannabis-race

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/heal...s-seek-bill-to-allow-people-to-grow-cannabis/

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1745159/bhumjaithai-calls-for-in-home-pot-plants

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I`m just dreaming from real old thai sativas.
Thailand will legalise cannabis very soon and can You imagine in how many
thousand villages You will find the real old ones?
Will the worldwide expensive cannabis seedbusiness broke down because the real treasure comes up and will cost only peanuts?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ed-to-take-an-early-lead-in-the-cannabis-race

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/heal...s-seek-bill-to-allow-people-to-grow-cannabis/

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1745159/bhumjaithai-calls-for-in-home-pot-plants
while im sure there are some ,
its doubtful after all these years too many would be holding those seeds still ,

it was 40 years ago now since they stopped the cannabis trade in thailand ,

most thais less than 50 years old wouldnt even remember those old days ...

romanoweed

YES LAREDO! I was totally fascinated when i heard it has been legalized for medicine use! Wich is a huge Step. From having some of the harscher Laws on Planet!

That recreational use Legalisation is under discussion, or even probably on the way is also insane.
However, if they now grow the sought after 70s Thai-weed, or just fancy hybrids to compete with America(cause its soo cool) is a justified question.... Why would they doo that ? 1: from the fragments of my reserch over medicinal Cannabis, the most commonly used Strains for Pain are rather fullon indicas, for others maladies i hear they often use a 50/50 sativa indica mix. I rarely heard they use fullon Sativas, alltho if someone Claims it as:"wanting to stay active, and not having bad Sideeffects" it might be a place for trippy halucinogen Strains! Cause thats how Doctors Argument , in positive, and on the other Side negative Effects of a Drug to justify the Choosement of a certain Medicament over the other, while describing. The hallucinogenic tripweeds might fall out of any justification, since clearheaded-ness is a must today unless it bears an unequal high hope in healing aspects. Wich i dont know, but never heard.. It still could be dealt with in therms of Breeding, to probably create "activating" indica/sativa crosses, so: ... it could find even the way in other legal united States..
Remember its not legal for personal use yet.

Some politcian stated in you Text: "Our brand is strong, and we have traditional Thai medicine knowledge that’s over 300 years old.” soo, probably he wants to say they used tripweed as medicine. probably they have a more open Approach in choosing a strain and Rely on what the consumer wishes.. its hard to tell if we will really see this Thai-strains rising! Probably , all thaistrains will be relased tomorrow as: brainfuck99, dreamresort-haze pure, heavens-flight-red... hahaha

If it would be leagl for recretional than i would see green Light for some nice Thaiweeds anyway! I ever thought since i heard of the medical Legalisation, that there will be a huge scream , since SE Asia was one of the badest Places on Earth regarding laws. And would a Person basically be threated like a friendly Person in Thailand, but one foot further be threated like Heavy Criminal(Malaysia) there would have to be so much discussion coming up in those places, that a lawchange could have some Impact over surroundings. I really hope laos weed aswell find the way into Unighted states. It nearly sounds like it Looks good in the first article, but you never know how optimistic they write in this Papers there. I remember in our Country(central europe) how often they advertise it as: we are short before Legalisation, but it would ever turnout it beeing a far cry. There is definitly a good Breeze actually. hope they continu their 300 Years medicine history like a politica calls it. He using those words sounds as he would have some deeper insight in Landraces.. hahha

Thanks for the Links Laredo
If someone finds some Pics or Videos on how they cultivate thaistick rather than indicas today for medicinal then show them...

L

laredo

Thanks romanoweed!
I was thinking about to find old seeds when the thais can grow at home 6 plants,not the commercial ones.

romanoweed

Donald, we should actually go back to them and show them some of the old Lines, we should discuss this, that there where old Strains wich was much better than the Hay-Thai-weed of today. Im shure some People will discuss this over there, and hopefully hunt for the good Strains themseve. If some Thaipeople read this: yes you are right here:
You can ask us if someone has some couple remaining old Lines, stored for sometimes 30 Years, replanted only couple times, so to show you how good your Thaiweed once was! So you can hunt for something similar, and yes most of that real Qualities are gone, and nowdays weed is not at all comparable, not even Close.. So we have shurely some People helping you out. (for shure from legal united States). . Yes you can, if its legal then its legal, so take tha Chance and communicate Abit! Worldwide

(For example there is similar Vietnam dalat , pure Vietnamese from 1977, im shure i read about a Thaistick 1970 here on the Forum)

L

laredo

LLP2

LLP2

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
LLP2.
Laredos Luang Prabang 2 strain.
Just for fun i made pollination with a Golden Tiger male from ACE,will have a few seeds.albumid=81127&pictureid=1972977&thumb=1[/img][/url]

Last edited: