What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I got plenty of Thai back in the day. It was a real treat every time. They used to soak some of the sticks in the by product water from heroin production, to give it some legs and calm things down a bit. People always specified if it was opiated.

The Columbian Gold had a more up high, but the Columbian red we got in the mid 70s was real gooey, and had a heavy body high. It was good for listening to Pink Floyd on. It was only $40 a zip, and was super earthy. The joints dripped with red resin. That stuff would have pressed some good rosin. Those were some of the first plants I grew.

The laosian stick weed was really something special too! Very similar to Thai

G `day Doc

I always have a problem with the concept of opiated weed or hash .

I have asked several people who have smoked opium . They tell me burning the opium doesn`t work . It needs to smoulder / vape to have an effect .
One fella tried smoking it in joints he said it hardly worked .

The infusing Thai sticks seems possible . But actually gaining a high from the morphine bi product seems doubtful .

Why add opium to hash ? Giving away opium as a bonus to the hash seems illogical if it doesn`t activate when burnt ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
G `day Doc

I always have a problem with the concept of opiated weed or hash .

I have asked several people who have smoked opium . They tell me burning the opium doesn`t work . It needs to smoulder / vape to have an effect .
One fella tried smoking it in joints he said it hardly worked .

The infusing Thai sticks seems possible . But actually gaining a high from the morphine bi product seems doubtful .

Why add opium to hash ? Giving away opium as a bonus to the hash seems illogical if it doesn`t activate when burnt ?

Thanks for sharin EB .

Hey Elmer! Good to see you Bro!

There was a Youtube video I watched some time ago that explained why they did that. They didn't want to waste anything, so they soaked the sticks in the Heroin by product water water. It did seem to have more in the leg department, but retained the soaring high associated with Thai.

People do smoke opium. Maybe it was a sales gimmick, I don't know, but it was always a plus, and they always made a point of telling you if it was.
Did you get to smoke the old Thai sticks back in the 70s? It was something else, sweet and earthy, with a superb high. We would go into the woods near my high school and each take a hit off a small hash pipe. You always held in your hit for at least 30 seconds, to make sure nothing was wasted. Everything became bright and cheerful. You saw the birds in the trees and heard their song, and when you went back to class, you had a great rest of the day. It didn't make my eyes as red as the Columbian or Mexican weed did. Man, that was some tasty stuff. A real treat!

Good to see yuh!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I need me some of the electricity tingling through the body, glowing pineal gland\headband effect with glazey squinty eyes.. You guys are killing me lol..
I just ordered some Haze x Kalichina... Orient Express {vietnamese black phenos PLEASE!!}, and some Queen Mother.... Now I'm thinking about ordering some Kali Mist, Nevilles, and something else... I really want some good Kerala South Indian, Mexican, Columbian, Thai stuff....

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Doc

Yes , I know how the infusion was done .
The term I heard was Early Water . They boil the opium in water as the 1st step of processing to heroin . The sticks were suspended above the pots of water . A lid was used to condense the steam and allow it to drop back into a pan loaded with the Thai weed .

My research leads me to believe the Thai sticks were actually from laos . Hmong peoples were in cahoots with the CIA operating in Sthn Laos . The unacknowledged parallel war the USA waged in Laos while warring with Nth Vietnam .
CIA had a base in Laos just near the Golden triangle ...
And we know air america was a CIA front operating in the region .

I had my 1st smoke in 1983 .
I have never seen a real deal Thai Stick in real life . Smoked a lot of imported weed in the late 80s . Nearly always a brown colour . Locals called it Buddha weed .

More recently I had a romance with a Thai lady . Visited Thailand numerous times .
I scored some home grown from locals in the Golden Triangle that was super potent .
Other wise the staple in Thailand is bricked Sativa from Laos . Brown ,smells like dried fruit . About $30 US an ounce .
Now Cambodia that was a place to score some nice herb cheap . Saigon Vietnam was all about skimpy weed deals and skinny guys selling meth eesh !

The Thai lady who is in her 50s like me said she once saw a Thai Stick her older brother had when she was a teenager . So they weren`t a staple in rural Thailand .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dog Star

Veteran
Am mixed high quality Morocco Gold polen hashish with a line of cocaine...

fucked up in brain for 3+ hours,could not move or talk with friend that i smoked this nasty
combo.. am said never again.. it was too intensive and not enjoyable at all..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
G `day Doc

Yes , I know how the infusion was done .
The term I heard was Early Water . They boil the opium in water as the 1st step of processing to heroin . The sticks were suspended above the pots of water . A lid was used to condense the steam and allow it to drop back into a pan loaded with the Thai weed .

My research leads me to believe the Thai sticks were actually from laos . Hmong peoples were in cahoots with the CIA operating in Sthn Laos . The unacknowledged parallel war the USA waged in Laos while warring with Nth Vietnam .
CIA had a base in Laos just near the Golden triangle ...
And we know air america was a CIA front operating in the region .

I had my 1st smoke in 1983 .
I have never seen a real deal Thai Stick in real life . Smoked a lot of imported weed in the late 80s . Nearly always a brown colour . Locals called it Buddha weed .

More recently I had a romance with a Thai lady . Visited Thailand numerous times .
I scored some home grown from locals in the Golden Triangle that was super potent .
Other wise the staple in Thailand is bricked Sativa from Laos . Brown ,smells like dried fruit . About $30 US an ounce .
Now Cambodia that was a place to score some nice herb cheap . Saigon Vietnam was all about skimpy weed deals and skinny guys selling meth eesh !

The Thai lady who is in her 50s like me said she once saw a Thai Stick her older brother had when she was a teenager . So they weren`t a staple in rural Thailand .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
few things seem to contradict your theory eb ,
they didnt stamp out the weed in laos like they did in thailand ,
so where are all those laos sticks now ???

the sticks were aimed at farangs , and exportation ,
i dont guess there was any need to send them to central thailand.. if you spoke with folks in isaan you would hear a different story to what your gf told you ....

Nexus7

Am mixed high quality Morocco Gold polen hashish with a line of cocaine...

fucked up in brain for 3+ hours,could not move or talk with friend that i smoked this nasty
combo.. am said never again.. it was too intensive and not enjoyable at all..

Wait you tried smoking powder cocaine (not crack)?

My friend said he tried smoking some coke. The smoke turned red? and he just couldn't hold it in his lungs. Must be some toxic shit. Stay healthy Dog Star!

Peace,

N7

Dog Star

Veteran
Yes powder cocaine mixed with good quality hash.. it haves 20 years since i did it and
i never repeated a same..

Andre Nicatina singed about "chewy" that is weed and coke mixed and smoked..,am tryed
a bit different version with hash.. but like i say,never again..

JohnnyChicago

Kali Mist- I read somewhere that it could be (Nl5 x haze) x thai, or Cambodia ... and it could be ....

In a (Nl5 x haze) x thai cross flowering times would be much longer than what we saw in the (old) Kali Mist. So I don't think it was (Nl5 x haze) x thai.

DestroyerPCK X OHaze(i)
picture.php

2x Destroyer x OHaze(m)
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Great plants!!
Well this is what I read ...
However, Nl5hz is ready for early November, crossed with a Thai (and worked for a while) it would be ready in mid-November...
But I repeat, I smoked kali mist but I never cultivated it, so I don't have certainties ....

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Thai Stick Book
18 May ·
Then he went to a sawmill in Vientiane, had them cut thin wood panels, and build crates that he packed with the “Golden Voice.” The smuggler fiberglassed the inside and padded the corners of his boxes with cotton. When they were ready for shipping, he pressed eleven tiny dots in the steel bands that held them together and shipped seventeen boxes from the Vientiane APO to Honolulu. A few weeks later, Dawson and a nervous colleague picked up the boxes from a Honolulu post office, loaded them into a van, and drove to the North Shore, where he buried them in a grove of ironwood trees near his house at Kawela Bay. Over the next month, he dug up the crates as he needed them.

Thai Stick Book
14 June at 08:18 ·
They turned down a dirt road a few kilometers past the charred remains of a frontier police post that the Pathet Lao had torched a week earlier. Even though the communists and the Thai government were still fighting over it, a poor farmer and his young wife had hacked out a plot in the same forest. Ritter didn’t realize that he was amid pot plants because they towered so far over his head and looked like Christmas trees. About the size of a suburban back yard, this garden sat next to a trickling stream that the farmer used to water his plants each day as he fertilized them with chicken manure and carefully examined them for bugs and male pollen pods. Male plants were immediately ripped from the ground because the female plants, if pollinated, produced seeds. Once harvested, the plants were hung upside down in the shade. Traditionally banana leaves were wrapped around the buds; when they turned brown, it meant the pot was perfectly dried.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
After a few successful loads, Mike Ferguson and Craig Williams had an ambitious plan. “We wanted to grow it ourselves when it started getting more expensive. We found that we could grow it better, have better quality control.” They set up a logging operation as cover for their pot farm and used the timber company’s heavy equipment to clear some of the forest and built a village and sawmill. Ferguson handled the growing operation while Williams prepared their boat for the voyage back to the United States. Both were present at the plantation when they harvested their acres of lime-green buds and handled quality control. All of the pot was put in vacuum bags, given a shot of nitrogen, heat sealed, and graded: 1X, 2X, 3X, and the best of the best, MKK, short for “Mi kong kai,” meaning feather duster in Thai.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
The northeast corner of Thailand is populated by tribes that came from Nanchao (Yunan Province of southern China) who had been forced to pay tribute all the way back to the time of Kublai Khan in the thirteenth century. They fled the region and followed the Mekong River down to their present location in northeast Thailand and Laos. These farmers took the same care with their marijuana plants that French vintners take with their grapevines. Among the hill tribes, some say the Yao, originally from Laos, are the best marijuana growers. “ They know how to grow so nice, I mean how to take care of the flower, how to take out the male plant,” said one Thai pot broker from the northeast. “ They plant at nearly the end of the rainy season. If grow full cycle about six months, grow about two and half meter high. When the flower is heavy [indica ing the size of his forearm], the flower grow yellow, then they check.”

Elmer Bud

Veteran
When the first ten pounds of Terry Dawson’s Laotian “Golden Voice” arrived in Honolulu via the APO in 1968, it caused an overnight sensation and sold out in days for the unheard-of price of $1,000 per pound. “Already ‘the voice’ is a legend among Oahu’s growing secret society of potheads. No other weed is anything like it,” wrote Michael McPherson in his novel Rivers of the Sun. “It’s ganja, the golden voice from Laos, the most powerfully psychedelic marijuana I’ve ever smoked, noted for its delayed effect.”

Thai Stick Book Much of this is correct. The reason the Thai Sticks decline was greed, the demand was so great that the Thais killed the golden goose by producing inferior weed. My Thai sources claim seeds came from China not India and hill tribes were the master growers. Completely agree that the real Thai I smoked as a teen were stronger and like author correctly points out, more hallucinagenic that any of today's oddly named strains of Frankenweed. Mr Asia syndicate was a rough bunch, much more hard core than the surfers scammers we wrote about in Thai Stick Book. Nonetheless, they were very active in the trade as the first loads went to the US via Army Post Office (mid 1960s) and northwest Australia (very early 1970s). Aussie and Kiwis were much more hard core and trafficked in heroin as well.
48w

Elmer Bud

Veteran
At 4:00 a.m. on January 27, 1980, a state police officer patrolling a country road west of Sydney, Australia, noticed a late-model Mercedes sedan parked by the side of the road and stopped to examine it. Inside the constable found the body of a middle-aged male slumped forward, still holding the rifle he had apparently used to shoot himself in the head. Searching his wallet, the police found personal identification for one Frank Nugan, a merchant banker of Sydney, and a calling card from one William Colby, a New York lawyer who had recently retired as director of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency.

Unlike most of the agency’s faceless espionage, the carefully documented Nugan Hand case affords a close look at the moral universe of covert operations, particularly the gray sector of CIA proprietaries and affiliates. The Nugan Hand case shows how the CIA’s secret war in Laos, interwoven with the tribal opium trade, produced a covert action cadre with a tolerance for drug dealing.

CIA and Laos ...

Elmer Bud

Veteran
n less than a decade after its incorporation in Sydney in 1973, Nugan Hand Limited went through a complete cycle from modest origins to spectacular global expansion to precipitous collapse. During its eight-year life, the bank’s character was shaped by its three principals. Son of a Spanish migrant fruit packer, Francis Nugan grew up in Griffith, New South Wales, in the country west of Sydney, graduated in law from Sydney University, and did some spotty postgraduate legal studies in California and Canada. Nugan would later claim that he played a major role in rewriting Canada’s tax law while studying abroad, but records show that he was employed as a minor clerical assistant. His name does appear among the twenty-seven listed in the tax review’s final report. While his brother Ken built the family produce business, the Nugan Group Limited, into one of Australia’s largest, Frank practiced law in Sydney without much success in the late 1960s. Stripped of his inflated credentials, Frank Nugan was known to be an abrasive alcoholic, an incompetent manager, a mediocre lawyer, and a “pathological liar”.

The other founding partner, Michael Jon Hand, was born in New York in 1941, son of a senior state civil servant, and raised in the Bronx. In 1963 he finished a year’s vocational course in forestry at Syracuse University, graduating thirty-eighth among forty-nine students, and joined the U.S. Army’s Special Forces, the Green Berets. After training at Fort Bragg, he was sent to Vietnam where he won the army’s second highest decoration, the Distinguished Service Cross, for gallantry in fighting northwest of Saigon. Sometime in 1965-1966 Hand joined the CIA for two years as a contract operative fighting with Hmong guerrillas in the mountains of northern Laos. While serving with the CIA, Hand met Theodore Shackley, the agency’s Vientaine station chief in 1966-1968, and befriended a crack Air America pilot, Kermit “Buddy” King, who often flew him to remote tribal outposts. The various official reports do not mention whether Hand also met Shackley’s friend and deputy CIA station chief Thomas Clines, later a close associate of both Hand and his partner Bernie Houghton. Although Hand’s Hmong allies grew opium and shipped it to market on Air America, it is not known whether it was here that Hand acquired the expertise in narcotics that he later applied to building the bank.

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

top ,,jonny blaze x azure haze x acapulco gold x nana bouclou
middle,, nanan bouclou x oaxacan x thunk
bottom ,,nl5 x haze x thunk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts