What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Breadwizard

Hey vermontman, expecting any purple in that zacatecas line? I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get my hands on that possible zacatecas x BSHW cross. Instant top of the queue for that.

vermontman

Hey vermontman, expecting any purple in that zacatecas line? I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get my hands on that possible zacatecas x BSHW cross. Instant top of the queue for that.

Hey there!
I am hoping for purple Calyx on these the next several weeks will tell. Fingers crossed.
Also keen on building up stock on Big Sur Holy Weed seed stock next summer season. A buddy of mine grew my BSHW in Upstate NY he said it is now his new favorite herb the stems were wine red lots of purple and finished mid Oct.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] My original outdoor subtropical winter grow with no ch[/FONT]ill and some purpling.

The last group plant pic about the same time in bloom last year as this years Zacatecas posted above.

I can see some firm similarities in plant structure, below being a little more dense.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BIG SUR HOLY WEED 011.jpg[/FONT]

Attachments

• BIG SUR HOLY WEED 011.jpg
    BIG SUR HOLY WEED 011.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 18
  • BIG SUR HOLY WEED HARVEST 012.jpg
    BIG SUR HOLY WEED HARVEST 012.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 10
  • BIG SU HOLY WEED CUT 037.jpg
    BIG SU HOLY WEED CUT 037.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 18
  • BIG SU HOLY WEED CUT 040.jpg
    BIG SU HOLY WEED CUT 040.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 12
  • BIG SUR HOLY WEED HARVEST 038.jpg
    BIG SUR HOLY WEED HARVEST 038.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

vermontman

ZACATECAS ON LEFT NOW

LAST YEAR: Far right BIG SUR HOLY WEED about same stage.
Middle BIG SUR a little further along.

Attachments

• ZACATECAS UPDATE 014.jpg
    ZACATECAS UPDATE 014.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 17
  • BIG SUR HOLY WEED 057.jpg
    BIG SUR HOLY WEED 057.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 13
  • BIG SUR HOLY WEED 008.jpg
    BIG SUR HOLY WEED 008.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Laos again ,
cant believe i only planted that thing 8 weeks ago ,
it was a foot and a half tall ,
my how they grow up so fast ,,,, lol ..

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey vermontman ,

i didnt see any hermies in the females ,
but the male tossed out some pistils ,
and i had to discard it ,

good males in those lines seem difficult to find , like with the zamal ....

vermontman

hey vermontman ,

i didnt see any hermies in the females ,
but the male tossed out some pistils ,
and i had to discard it ,

good males in those lines seem difficult to find , like with the zamal ....

I have heard that about Zamal,
During a couple of the worst darkest coldest wettest growing seasons I had almost every male Of my Oaxacan line throw pistils, I did as you fearing the worst, tossed them out. Never saw it on my ladies though.
Even though I would not take a chance, I believe I read somewhere that it is not a problem on males. No chance tempting fate. That is to bad. do you have another way to repro her?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I have heard that about Zamal,
During a couple of the worst darkest coldest wettest growing seasons I had almost every male Of my Oaxacan line throw pistils, I did as you fearing the worst, tossed them out. Never saw it on my ladies though.
Even though I would not take a chance, I believe I read somewhere that it is not a problem on males. No chance tempting fate. That is to bad. do you have another way to repro her?
i still have some original seed vermontman ,
and the hermie male made some too ,
i havent grown any that male made ,

but im leaning toward what you said ,
and not thinking there is too much problem with the seed ,
its likely the same as the original laos i have ...

vermontman

Any red tips in the female Zacatecas?

When they were seedlings there was a bit of red/purple on some leaves and stems now they seem more green. But there is red on the leaf stems. I wish there were some old pics or documentation about Zacatecas.

Also anyone here ever try to grow out African Kilimanjaro?

Last edited:

I wood

When they were seedlings there was a bit of red/purple on some leaves and stems now they seem more green. But there is ed on the leaf stems. I wish there were some old pics or documentation about Zacatecas.

Also anyone hre ever try to grow out African Kilimanjaro?

I did, zero germination out of ten seeds, bummer.
Zero germination on wild Thai as well.
Three out of three with South Africa Kwazulu, one female and two males. Not sure what to make of this plant, grows hard buds like an indica with good mold resistance. Relaxing hashplant like effect for me, not what expected from a sativa at all. Still waiting feedback from others.
Highly unlikely it is pure sativa as avertised but not necessary a bad plant either.
I wouldn’t recommend world of seeds unless you are broke or like polyhybrids sold as sativas.

Edit to add;
Purple satellite and pineapple banana bud seeds are on the way to me now.
Words can hardly convey my excitement regarding these lines, thanks vermontman for making these available.

Last edited:
W

Water-

What exactly is pineapple banana bud?

Green Mountain Seeds

sold by ACE

"Marriage of two wonderful landrace strains: Hawaiian sativa and Mulanje Malawi, producing a pure sativa hybrid which is super easy to manicure, of awesome flower to leaf ratio, and dense massive buds laden with crystals.

The flowers have an appealing sweet, floral, hashy and fruity aroma reminiscent of pineapple, cotton candy and menthol, delivering a potent and immediate up, social and creative clean effect."

Koondense

Veteran
Nice,
i know where to get them, it's that they added the description in these days... when i was looking there was very little infos about it.
Thanks for the fresh infos guys!
Had in plan to get the purple satellite but looking at this now, i feel i should now miss the chance to get also the pineapple banana.

Cheers

vermontman

I did, zero germination out of ten seeds, bummer.
Zero germination on wild Thai as well.
Three out of three with South Africa Kwazulu, one female and two males. Not sure what to make of this plant, grows hard buds like an indica with good mold resistance. Relaxing hashplant like effect for me, not what expected from a sativa at all. Still waiting feedback from others.
Highly unlikely it is pure sativa as avertised but not necessary a bad plant either.
I wouldn’t recommend world of seeds unless you are broke or like polyhybrids sold as sativas.

Edit to add;
Purple satellite and pineapple banana bud seeds are on the way to me now.
Words can hardly convey my excitement regarding these lines, thanks vermontman for making these available.

You are most welcome!

And thank you for taking my works into consideration.
I look forward to hearing and seeing posts from people growing these out. I have done many test grows with all great results and many happy smiles from bud recipients.
Thanks again:tiphat:

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
You are most welcome!

And thank you for taking my works into consideration.
I look forward to hearing and seeing posts from people growing these out. I have done many test grows with all great results and many happy smiles from bud recipients.
Thanks again:tiphat:
sounds totally delicious vermontman ,
i wanna grow some too ,, lol ...