What's new

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Very nice Sticky Sat but there is no Thai in SAGE, only mexican (Zacatecas purple) and two Afghani lines.

Lineage of SAGE is: BSHW (Mexi x Afghan) x Afghan.

Sticky Sat

Thanks for the kind words and the information 3rd-3yed :)
Is that the original (circa 2000) lineage or the "new" Sage one ?
I don't know for sure but i've been told otherwise by people with much more knowledge than myself (that's not very difficult... ;))
I'm a bit suprised though, as I've been growing the Sage on and off for more than 15 years now and never had the slightest purple come out. I've also grown several Mexican strains (some purple ones too) but never had any pheno looking like what's coming out of the Sage F2s. There was no doubt in my mind about the Thai lineage but maybe i was wrong, as often... :)

3rd-3yed

Veteran
You're welcome mate. It's the original SAGE lineage, I don't know anything about their new version. That's weird but I think I know why you didn't found any purple phenotypes in F2's. I saw a good friend finding some Purple Zacatecas leaning pheno (still dominated by the Afghan bud structure) in BSHW but most of the BSHW specimens I saw over the years leaned way more on the Ghani side wich must be very dominant. So that's maybe why you don't find any purple phenotypes as they must be recessive and don't show often, especialy when crossed again with another Afghani line.

Sticky Sat

Thanks a lot my friend :) Could be due to the latitude but every germination of these F2s gave mostly sativa dominant plants. On the last batch of 10 there was only 1 Afghani leaning female, 7 sat leaning ones (4 heavily) and 2 sat leaning males.
A strange thing is happening with the male. It's 25 days in flo and his flowers don't hold any pollen...
There already was a mystery with this strain as F2's seeds coming from a specific sat leaning F1 never developped any leaves set after the cotyledons.... The F2s i'm running now are coming from the most Afghani leaning F1 i found in 2003. It makes it even more surprising that there's so many sat dominant pheno in her offsprings... In case we didn't know, it shows that we know nothing... ;)

Sterile Sage male close up.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Sage male flowers close up.jpg
    Sage male flowers close up.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

green404

@Sticky Sat, I am interested to see that SAGE when it is ripe.

@beanz, How does that Lambs bread/breath smell ?

I used to get Jamacian when I was younger that had a spicy smell, I have been for ever looking for it.

B

beanz

@Sticky Sat, I am interested to see that SAGE when it is ripe.

@beanz, How does that Lambs bread/breath smell ?

I used to get Jamacian when I was younger that had a spicy smell, I have been for ever looking for it.

yep , been told it smells like cardamon spice ,

Sticky Sat

The 2 first Bangos sprouts (O x Bangi Haze) :)
Not really good looking for almost 3 weeks but they took a few heavy rains after bravely germinating from seeds thrown in a pot cause they were too white to sprout... ;)

2 phenos... Sorry for the light, i'm hopeless as a photograph... ;)
attachment.php

Attachments

• first 2 Bangos.jpg
    first 2 Bangos.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 14
B

beanz

come on guys where all your sativa pics .,..... can,t keep posting without motivation from you all ..... dont want to take the thread over lets go ....bring the pics guys ....

purple columbian x headbanger ....very purple Colombian dominant ....
picture.php

different girl
picture.php

Mullumbimby madness /thai 78 x white master /fire og bx
picture.php

A5 bx
picture.php

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I had to prune the seedlings and remove some leaves to keep the plants as low as possible, they are in plastic cups and yet they grow vigorously!
I forgot, I sowed other Mexican, amnesia haze and mangobiche..... ;)
picture.php

Zamaldelica x nl5hz,apparently it seems very dominant in nl5 haze....
View Image

Be patient. The plant is still small. More Zamaldelica traits still can appear when the plant gets bigger. And even if it looks more NL5/H now, buds can be completely different later.

And Z x NL5/H is a very good idea. Have fun with pheno-hunting. :)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Be patient. The plant is still small. More Zamaldelica traits still can appear when the plant gets bigger. And even if it looks more NL5/H now, buds can be completely different later.

And Z x NL5/H is a very good idea. Have fun with pheno-hunting. :)

Yes,surely it's early,i'm talk just to looking the leaf now,but in future she can be different....time will tell... :)

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Ive been saying the same thing for over a decade on here, but...

What do you guys think the key to a Strong Sativa that still doesnt really give anxiety\paranoia.... So bright\bubbly\happy\excited, and uplifted in such a good way you just dont get the bad racey thats all speed no euphoria.... All happy\warm electric vibes.

Between Thc, Thcv, cbd...... levels\combos of those, and terps..
What do you think the real key is....
Or specific landrace area that sounds perfect for this type of effect.

I just got a Tangilope cut im hoping is good... I also have a few Sativa Loco {80s Mexicanx Durban x hashplant} germed...... Getting some of the MM 78 x BLR#3 germed still...
I'm looking into a way to order Orient Express Dubi recommends for me. I'm sure ill find something solid soon... I just wanna really hone in on something that might be fullblown in the direction im after instead of having a few traits I like.
Does anyone have maybe a good amount of experience with most of the accepted landraces today, and could Summarize stuff like...... Highland\Lowland.... Mexican\Oaxacan\Panama Thai Vietnamese Malawi\congo\Durban...... I'm not sure what variables really matter. Ive read for literally 10s of thousands of hours.... Since I was 15 years old 15 years ago, and reading really doesnt make a difference.... I know its party a personal preference, and chemistry thing.... But..... Things are a little more educated, and so different than 15 years ago.... Even 5 years ago its just a different world.. So many more people getting to legally experiment.

I'm definitely a really calm introverted kind of person, but mentally I already have a fire thats a bit more passionate than most, so a "empty" raciness kinda makes me edgy ... There definitely has to be some complexity, and euphoria to it.... Not really sure if its pinene.... myrcene thats required.... or cbd...... Im all over the place with the information thats out there these days lol.

Sticky Sat

What do you guys think the key to a Strong Sativa that still doesnt really give anxiety\paranoia.... So bright\bubbly\happy\excited, and uplifted in such a good way you just dont get the bad racey thats all speed no euphoria.... All happy\warm electric vibes.

Hey Dr. Young :) !

Guess the high's very personal to each individual (also been said for decades... ;)) but the kind you describe is exactly what we get from the hybrid we've been running these last years (an S1 from a very sat leaning Agent Orange pollinated by a Congo male.)
The high was very pleasant from the start but it evolved in something different after we were blasted by the TMV. Took us a few years to learn how to somewhat control it but from the onset of the outbreak we noticed that the high was a lot brighter and energetic without a hint of paranoia but a glowing love feeling. Another thing is the plant doesn't look at all like it used to. Now it's fluffier with thinner buds and doesn't have any special smell or taste but we can't help returning to it... ;) I thought i'd mentionned it cause it was something new that we never expected... :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts