What's new

Revival of the Desktop Vaporizer

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20 year daily smoker/grower/hasher here-

i recently just 3 days ago dusted off my old Vapor Bros. Box unit and have been really enjoying using it again after a few years in storage. ( zero connection, just very happy with use
smile.gif
)

(for those who don't know Vapor Bros. is the original very high quality box vape that all the Fake and Cheap Knock-offs copied the look of, but trust me, It is Medical Grade, all glass and ceramic heater with no glues, cheap wire, or toxic adhesive used in the build - 3rd party tested zero toxins or off-gassing)

so...
i was just thinking about extracts and the processing in general and once the material extracted by sift/water/solvent etc. the leftover plant matter is considered garbage...so why do we keep burning the plant matter (reg. bud smoking) if we can have access to just the trichomes??? We obsess over THC, CBD, CBG, etc, but none of these compounds are produced or stored in vegetative plant matter....only in the trichomes themselves.....so why consume that plant matter portion???

Then i thought about how with the vaporizers (thinking in a magnified view) the hot air flows over the ground weed and just melts/boils the trichomes which are suspended into the air (vapor) , and essentially is just doing a very small glass tube run of "Hot Air Extraction" of the trichomes, stripping the cannabinoids off of the plant matter, but instead of a collection it is just directly inhaled.....so i went and found my Vapor Bros, cleaned the dust off, and started to do a little testing at various temps ... i admit after 2 hits most terpene flavor is gone (generic vape taste for remaining hits/teeny bit minty lol), but overall i am very happy with it.

I should note that in the last 1-2 years i have been growing tired of the sedating effects (no pun meant) of many of the strains that are the "popular" ones currently...i like to feel High, not Low and tired (well put HMK-Legend)

Anyways, with the big emphasis on extracts these days i thought it would be fun to try again , I am honestly saying that i am still getting totally ripped from using the vape again even coming straight off bongs/bowls/joints/dabs daily. Since I started dabbing about 4-5 years ago i had thought that vaporizers were now obsolete, but i guess not after the last few days i've been super high, lol.

So i have done about 10 bowls or so through the whip the last few days and have to say..i am really liking it again. I can tell my lungs feel more "free" if you can relate to that. (looking at dirty glass to be cleaned on my table makes me think how that same coating on the glass has to be going to lungs as well...even if body can process it - it cant be good compared to getting the all the same cannabinoids but without all of the dark sticky resins)
[/FONT]

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I've been a proponent of vaporizing for years. My friend introduced me to the vapor bros box back in 2001 or 2002. We even had a double unit at one point. After that I got turned on to my volcano vaporizer, and I haven't looked back since.

My primary reason for doing it was to avoid the combustion of flowers. The second benefit was the improved ability to taste everything. After vaporizing for so long it's hard to go back to smoking. I sometimes smoke a joint, and there are strains which still taste good that way.

Some of my friends say that the high from the vaporizer is too clear, and not as sedative as smoking.

The vapor bros has a better initial taste, but after a few hits has more of a popcorn flavor. The volcano may not taste as good, but it tastes better throughout the whole bag.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Someone mentioned the Sublimator to me. I'd never heard of it, but it looks interesting. I'm sure someone here has one. Let me know if you think it's worth the money. I know there's also the Vape Xhale, which I saw at a HT cup. I have a portable Storz Bickel Crafty, but I like the mighty more.

I've been a proponent of vaporizing for years. My friend introduced me to the vapor bros box back in 2001 or 2002. We even had a double unit at one point. After that I got turned on to my volcano vaporizer, and I haven't looked back since.

My primary reason for doing it was to avoid the combustion of flowers. The second benefit was the improved ability to taste everything. After vaporizing for so long it's hard to go back to smoking. I sometimes smoke a joint, and there are strains which still taste good that way.

Some of my friends say that the high from the vaporizer is too clear, and not as sedative as smoking.

The vapor bros has a better initial taste, but after a few hits has more of a popcorn flavor. The volcano may not taste as good, but it tastes better throughout the whole bag.

i hear ya! i can really find myself in your post. it very rarely happens to me too in social settings to puff a joint... very rarely because most people from here smoke mixed with tobacco... now it is insane to me thinking i was doing the same years back... though i must admit i miss the fonderful taste of a nice hash & tobacco joint; thing is now i just couldn't re-experience that same taste even if i wanted too! combustion and especially tobacco combustion hits me in the upper chest (almost literally!).

vaping weed feels a lot like eating it (expecially at 160/180 °C) and i have a pleasant long aftertaste inside my mouth which resemble the palate feeling you have when you're eating or drinking a juice or a smoothie.
it took a while to achieve this: while i was regurarly vaping and smoking i couldn't have this nice tastewise experience, it came only a few months after i quitted burning flowers... and my lungs are thankfull!

the high is another world, not meaning it is better (we all have our prefereces :)) it is just a different approach. that's why i think one - as a smoker - should not search for a similar experience in vaporization, because it would probably just get disappointment. vaporizing, after a while you realize you have different effect at different temps. i think lower temps are for the real vapist, clear head buzz fresh taste little vapor coming out (i think the psichological thing of not seeing that much "stuff" coming out your mouth is one of the main reasons for disappointment towards vaping at low temps).
anyways it is nice to play with it, low temps for the day and higher ones at night to let youself be called by the bed. :) we often say "sativa for the day indica for the night" but if you do that with a vaporizer playing with temps, it will work much better... or should i just say, it will work! :D
as many it was difficult to me to sleep without the night joint or pipe... i know this is an issue for many... i must admit i had to readjust with a vape, because even at higher vaporizing temps you will never have the sedative knocked-out effect i was looking for to go to bed.
so it took a little time, but the vaporizer have completely replaced combustion to go to sleep mode... more than that, now sometimes i don't smoke at night and have no problems! i don't wanna exagerate but i feel in a way less addicted. i think combustion itself is a little addictive. now if i'm on the road working, i can stay a week without cannabis. when i was smoking i would always bring some with me (taking big risks) or be a little pissed off to the lack of it!

just my experience! i know this argument can often light up minds :D to each its own!
peace
ZS

Latest posts

Latest posts