What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Review of Indian Cannabis ( weed, charas, cream)

Psy_traveller88

attachment.php
Om Namaha Shiva!!!

Hey fellow stoners from around the globe I will love to share some of the strains of Indian Cannabis I use includes variety of weed, charas , cream.
Will love to bring out characteristics of the particular strain in detail.

Note: here in India there are no named strains of cannabis its primarily divided into weed( ganja) , charas Hashish), cream( pure and refined form of charas with higher oil content)

So now let's start with weed ( ganja)

Strain no 1: Tropical fruit

Appearance: Compact half inch buds , dark greenish in appearance with some amber streams little seedy.( approx 3-4 seeds per half inch)

Smell: This is one of the most complex smelling weed I have come across smells real refreshing and minty with a hint of tropical fruit unsmoked.

Taste: Very robust and sweet, aroma also is robust with sweet smell, has a heavy pineapple and hoppy after taste with a hint of menthol.

High report: All I smoked was a half inch bud and man it took me half way through the joint to feel it , but when it did it was very very euphoric and mind relaxing, I think its pure sativa with no hint of indica whatsoever,also got many vibrant open and closed eyes visual very acidic types, somewhat the trip was a blend of MDMA and acid very uplifting, and energetic.

Best time to use:strongly feel that this is a evening / mid day smoke best for evenings when the sun sets with all its vibrance and shades smoking this will make it a incredible experience.

PS: incase I have missed out on any details please feel free to let me know. More reviews on the way soon.

Boom Bholenath!!

Attachments

• IMG_20140620_015220.jpg
    IMG_20140620_015220.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20140620_015126.jpg
    IMG_20140620_015126.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 19

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You might want to mention where in India the "variety" was obtained, that is the name used in India. You could also say it was pressed ganja, it looks like it.
Same with hash, where from, how made, etc.
-SamS

Dkgrower

Veteran
Nice idea psy_T you got so many different local weeds in india its crasy - every new region i travel to some difference but also alot of similar stuff.

Ask any baba in north india where the strongest weed is and he say Punjab - they grow some more indica dominated strains i have not seen any where els in india and they are very strong

Psy_traveller88

good point.

good point.

You might want to mention where in India the "variety" was obtained, that is the name used in India. You could also say it was pressed ganja, it looks like it.
Same with hash, where from, how made, etc.
-SamS

Well Sam when it comes to the above reviewed strain I scored it from one of my contact where I live, and unfortunately I live in the city so unless I venture outside where cannabis is grown in the feilds its difficult to say but with time and smoking experience one can conclude on the strain.
Here in India people rarely use strain names there are two known famous strains apart from other mass cultivated strains all over the country, both grown in the south of the country. One is called "shilavati" which grows in the state of Maharashtra and is a very potent weed has a partial Indica effect to it, although its sativa dominated and its on the grassier side when it comes to taste, and the king of ganja here is Kerala gold, one of the most electric buzz giving strain, it almost hijacks your head for a long long time with psychadelic effects.Tastes very complex with tropical fruits and minty taste. I have smoked cream and other oily charas and in my opinion Kerala gold fits in its league in fact much better than some Himalayan hashish too ( its in my opinion, and may differ from person to person).
I have had the chance to visit farmers and fields at parvati valley will review parvati hashish too very soon.

Boom bholenath!!

Psy_traveller88

I guess so.

I guess so.

Thanks for the ganja post, looks a lot like kerala ganja, also the flavor Reminds me of sweet Kerala ganja.

I have smoked this strain two times so far and each time I have been wrecked in my head!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:
Since I live in the city it's difficult to actually conclude on the strain but by its taste, smell, effect ,potency I strongly feel it's a Kerala strain, as most other indian weed are little harsh and not so good to taste.
This one outsmarts many Indian strains in regards to taste and potency.

Boom bholenath!!!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have smoked this strain two times so far and each time I have been wrecked in my head!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:
Since I live in the city it's difficult to actually conclude on the strain but by its taste, smell, effect ,potency I strongly feel it's a Kerala strain, as most other indian weed are little harsh and not so good to taste.
This one outsmarts many Indian strains in regards to taste and potency.

Boom bholenath!!!

I guess the reason I like the area name is because then others can try and find it.
As for Kerala, the best was from around Munnar, I have been there several times, I visited the farms where the sinsemilla ganja was grown, in the early 70's when it was grown on the small farms instead of the jungles like it is today. I have been to quite a few areas where they grew different kinds of Cannabis in India. From the far South to the far North West and the North East. Most Cannabis in India is poorly produced, seeded, poorly stored, old, and used mediocre genetics.
Kerala is an exception, the best sinsemilla there is almost as good as the very best Thai, or best as Thai sinsemilla used to be.
One thing is for sure, if you get seeds from almost any Indian variety and grow them well in the west, sinsemilla style, and not with pressing the buds like they do in India, it will be much better, most likely. In India they walk on it when dry enough yet still a little moist, to press the buds for transport and storage as well as to knock of any small extra leaves.
-SamS

Psy_traveller88

True!!!!!

True!!!!!

Nice idea psy_T you got so many different local weeds in india its crasy - every new region i travel to some difference but also alot of similar stuff.

Ask any baba in north india where the strongest weed is and he say Punjab - they grow some more indica dominated strains i have not seen any where els in india and they are very strong
Ohh yes DK weed scenes here in india is very vivid and complex you can get the best of best and also will come across crap quality cannabis which is barely smokeable, to score the best we need to know right dealears and have right contact,or perhaps travel right to the source of production:biggrin:

You seem to have Travelled more India than iv seen:tiphat:
I have not come across good indica ever, or may be since I live away from the north all we get here is sativa, although I am sure Indica too floats in the market (here I am only referring to weed),
I will love to explore indica here, have come across some hybrid Indica plants at parvati, but the whole valley is dominated by Sativas:biggrin:

Boom bholenath!!!!!

Psy_traveller88

@ Sam: I personally prefer to find out what I am smoking and where it comes from, most of my stash is scored by me directly from its source of production, but I prefer to keep varieties any score as and when I can and when I score from the city it's impossible to keep a track on the source of origin.
Munnar is still very good place to score some real good kerala gold, apart from Munnar Varkala is another spot, very keen to explore those pastures soon!!!,
There might be many reasons for migration of production from farms to jungle
1) pressure to stop cultivation from the authority.
2) rising demand and in result less area to grow in order to maintain the supply -demand chain.
Either ways the quality of the end product is messed up, but if we still have the right source scoring the best of the best bud is never impossible, specially in Kerala.

txuck

I dont think that Varkala is a good spot for score good weed.. nice place for relaxing,,, the cliff is amazing and maybe u can find some nice hash if u know the contact :biggrin:

In Munnar Yes :tiphat:, this is the place for finding good weed in Kerala,,, and still, u have to find it... not easy at all. But if u find it is one of the best landcraces that i tried , better than colombians , good flavor and big sativa high...
Im still have some seeds from Munnar, I should try them :biggrin::biggrin:
Namaste

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
@ Sam: I personally prefer to find out what I am smoking and where it comes from, most of my stash is scored by me directly from its source of production, but I prefer to keep varieties any score as and when I can and when I score from the city it's impossible to keep a track on the source of origin.
Munnar is still very good place to score some real good kerala gold, apart from Munnar Varkala is another spot, very keen to explore those pastures soon!!!,
There might be many reasons for migration of production from farms to jungle
1) pressure to stop cultivation from the authority.
2) rising demand and in result less area to grow in order to maintain the supply -demand chain.
Either ways the quality of the end product is messed up, but if we still have the right source scoring the best of the best bud is never impossible, specially in Kerala.

It is politics, using the police and then the army to help with hurting the people that supported certain parties.
Back in the early 70's the area was run by the main political party UDF around the late 70's the party that was in power was tossed out of power in Kerala and most of India, they the opposition LDF wanted to prevent the previous party from regaining power, one of groups that supported the previous party was the ganja growers and traffickers, thru bribes to keep them away from the farms and products being transported. So the new folks in power went after the growers to cut their support and force them out of the biz or into the jungles, is what really happened. India has a long history of these kinds of things. look at M.I.S.A. in the 70's for an idea. In March 1977, the opposition Janata Party took power, for the first time in India history, by Jan 1978 they had the 1000 Rupee note demonetised to fight black marketeers and because the previous government INC under Indira Gandhi, had printed billions of them to regain power in the next elections.
Anyway the best sinsemilla in India was the loser, they beat it to the jungle and tried to keep on trucking....
-SamS

Psy_traveller88

Txuck:wow that's a great lead!!!! Right now it's early monsoon will be more than eager to go down to Munnar perhaps later this year.I guess clubbing it with Varkala beach won't be a bad Idea, as we can travell up in the mountains as well as chill on the beach!!!,
Honestly I am in love with the keralan buds and their electric head buzz!!!!!
Good luck with your seeds hope you have a great yeild!!!

Boom Bholenath!!!!

Psy_traveller88

Sam: I don't have much clue about politics nor does it has ever appeased me, although I am completely aware of the role this messed up politics and politicians affect out life's in all possible angles and it's universal unfortunately.
God the world would have become such a better place minus these rotten politicians!!!!!
Well Sam I would love to go down to Kerala soon hope I get lucky with some real good sinsemilla.

Boom bholenath!!!

Psy_traveller88

On to the next one

On to the next one

On namaha Shiva:peacock:
]After my first review on Tropical fruit( Kerala genetic) allow me to introduce charas/hashish ( parvati valley). By Shivas grace I had the privilege to go the the valley last harvest( October) up here you can try your stash before you score may be make a small doobie and if you like you can buy.There are differnt varieties of strains majorly sativa dominated although Indica hybrids are available too.

Name of the strain: Himalayan Bliss

Area :Parvati valley India

Appearance: On the outside it has a tinge of black and extremely dark green color, inside it is dark green.The surface on the outside has a nice gloss to it and is slightly rough in texture, the hashish is oily so when I break a piece myfinger tips are coated slightly with the oil.

Smell: At first unsmoked charas smells very sweet, followed by earthy and woody notes( very mountainy).

Taste: On contrast to the smell of unsmoked charas which is verry sweet the first tast you get is slightly spicy followed by a very fruity(,grape) taste ends up with smoky, piney, mountainy aftertaste.

High report: At first I didn't feel any much effect after like 10-12 tokes down the joint I could feel the effects of the joint, this was again definitely a sativa dominated strain!! But I did feel a little body high for a short time,but most of the night was very clear with intervals of mellowness.

Best time to smoke: The Himalayan Bliss is best had anytime, good for wake and bake on lazy days, as the high is very clear this is very suitable for hikes, treck on a nice sunny day!!! Good again to relax late in the night after a long day.

That was it for the Himalayan Bliss.:dance013:

Boom bholenath!!!

Attachments

• _20140624_012004.jpg
    _20140624_012004.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20140622_022328.jpg
    IMG_20140622_022328.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20140623_130506.jpg
    IMG_20140623_130506.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20140622_125608.jpg
    IMG_20140622_125608.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 17

Dkgrower

Veteran
If you are looking for good weed you should go into the mountains in kerela - that where it grows - they use to make stong oils to and they prop still do =)

Are you going to fly or go by train ?

Varkala is a good starting point but its mostly just turist on the beach type of thing its pretty sterile n alot of package turist but its a nice beach and you can find some weed there it will be beach price and quality =) The mountains are more chill and really sweet pepol...

Psy_traveller88

lovely!!!

lovely!!!

If you are looking for good weed you should go into the mountains in kerela - that where it grows - they use to make stong oils to and they prop still do =)
Thanks for the lead, but I guess its access is not that easy, I need to build up some research.
Will love to have some good oil in my collection

Thanks for letting me know.

Boom !!!

Love the Kerala bud description...just takes ones head right off the body, true psychedelic flowers. Found kerala bud all over india, same great high everytime.

Flowers were cheaper for me in tamil nadu than munnar. Tuktuk drivers in munnar could all get me weed but none could get bulk seeds. They laughed at me for wanting seeds, first person to ask such a thing.

Tried some kerala oil and it is some of the best In flavor and high.

In kerala they still grow fields And one can Always visit For the right price.

Rangi changi mito sapana

Dkgrower

Veteran
The hill stations are a good starting point, i once stayed at a old french womans place and she grows the most amazing weed up in the hills. Pepol in kerela know how to grow good weed so you can find some really good growers that know what they do, but alot is very organized so there are plenty of options from small to large scale

Psy_traveller88

@DK:yes indeed!! Hills are the place to hunt for the best be it southern ghats of Kerala or The great Himalayas of the north it's filled with different strains!!
Keen to make a trip to kerala soon.

Psy_traveller88

Malana cream!!!

Malana cream!!!

Om Namaha Shiva!!
After reviewing tropical fruit( weed) and Himalayan b[/B]liss( oily charas) its time to move on to one of the worlds most famous skillfully hand rubbed hashish The malana Cream!.Like my earlier review on the so called Himalayan bliss( oily charas) this stash was scored from the Parvati valley during the harvest of 2013.After a treck from the nearest access to Malana village from the Dam guess its called Malana hydro project , it took us 2 hours of treck to reach the village!!!
The panaromic view was just so incredible madeneven better with some joints on the way!!:woohoo:
Here almost every villager knows what you are looking for.Its best to keep some patience and avoid kids and dodgy looking dealers,look out for old villagers and mid aged farmers who are often easy to find in the town of malana :ying:
First we were offered a sample of lower grade cream with leave trimmings and I guess pollen mixed with the cream.The smoke out of this was average ,On showing discontent with the earlier stash the dealer presented us with something that we were looking for The malana cream!
We had the privilage to smoke a joint before we scored and it just did the trick, after we were pleased with the stash we closed the deal with no rush and smoked another joint by the Himalayas with the best ever possible view.These people still use manual hand held scale to whey the stash , just so tradition!!!:peacock:

Now coming to the review of the Malana cream

strain:Malana cream

Appearance: On the outside it has a very good gloss with smooth creamy surface, has a hint of dark brown and green on the surface when looked closely , however on the first aperance it may look brownish black.From the inside it is dark brown in appearance with rough finish.

Feel: Very very oily and sticky left my palms and finger greasy with oily gloss,very very Malleable and smooth too.

Smell: Unburnt hash smells very sweet with traits of mountain, hint of berry.However the burnt smell is very very berryish with heavy grassy influence.

Taste: At first it tastes very very dry exact contrast to its smell with hippy grassy taste to it, however the after taste is just so incredible filled with wild berries,very very sweet,very robust like a full bodied red wine!!!:biggrin: makes my mouth water is so delicious!! But its the smell more than the taste which holds a upper hand in this stash.

High: I smoked this joint after a long day at work and some serious weight training session :dance013:
It took me a while to get the feel of the high, perhaps almost half way down the joint, but when it did click it shattered me!! very very uplifting but stony high,definitely a sativa dominant but it did give me some body high followed by body relaxation, best used to relax after a long day at work or after a long treck.Also a good evening smoke since the high was very stony not best used for day time.

Hope you guys have a quick look at some pics!!

Boom Bholenath!!! Bol bham!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20140723_011523.jpg
    IMG_20140723_011523.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20140723_014603.jpg
    IMG_20140723_014603.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20140723_014930.jpg
    IMG_20140723_014930.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20140723_015325.jpg