What's new

Reversed Backcrossing:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hopefully he won't be long,,, I hope one day il get to try his seeds,,,I've always been interested in what work he's done,,,should be top class,,,I bet its dj stuff like flo and old school blueberry but using high population Numbers,,,very interesting dude

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
No, old school black Dom, and chims can't remember the name, that old Afghan cross to the orange. And I suspect he's doing some gg4 as he said he liked it a few months back. And whatever else he feels like I'm sure, most breeders would realise the benefit of having him say he had chosen their seeds.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw someone making seeds from the old black Dom a few weeks back,,,il have another look,,,

If you fancy something from chim I'm sure he would let us test it,,,

I'm getting a new cut of gg4 soon,,,the last clone I had of it didn't seem to be up to the hype,but il give another clone of it a go soon,,,do you fancy the gg4?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm very happy with what I have these days. Remember I used the old black Dom in the creation of my line. I took the best of it and lost the worst. The only thing chim has that I want is the orange clone and he wouldn't give Santa a cut never mind anyone else.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I don't have the AE77, Santa is a fictional construct, and I share genetics with people all the time GMT. Why do you think people share things with me so freely?

What's the bee in your bonnet GMT?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
No bee no bonnet. I asked about you releasing some genetics in your here's my great genetics release thread, and got shot down offering cash so I wouldn't ask empty handed. No one would blame you if you had and kept the AE, but if you don't have it, I guess you can't release anything from it. Never mind hand it out for free internationally as I was trying to point out, few would do that, whoever was asking.
But thanks for the education on the existential status of Santa.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hay chim,,,if you want the cheese still it's on it's way,,took a while for it to come back but someone showed up with it lately,,,

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The cheese has a recessive hermi trait that I found simply swapping the sex chromosomes out wouldn't fix. The line I played with was cheese x Chen d but still, the Chen d was not the problem.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honestly gmt,,,the cheese is hard to reverse,,,it takes a serious battening an has never shown reversals,,, chem d on the other hand reversed as soon as veg feed was added in flower cycle or when ph was above 6.0

Ojd had had to source a new cheese clone lately as something was wrong with the one he had,,so he said,,,

Brightsides cheese never reversed in 8 years of me growing it

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I got a whole bunch of stuff from ojd, thread is in his forum. Most revolving around his Chen d, and only the cheese cross showed any issues in the f2 generation after being out crossed twice to the bruised nuts.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's not recessive in the chem d ,,just seems more likely to me from running the mothers that it would be the chem d at fault,,,also I'm not 100% sure the cheese he used was B's cheese

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I can't comment on his sources (as I have no idea). If you have info his cheesedog isn't made with cheese, then I can't comment on cheese. But there weren't any issues on the dog side.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think ojd is being paranoid about his cheese not being the brightside clone,,,I can't imagine it not being b's cheese clone, but ojd said otherwise

Chem d is notorious for reversals,,,

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The number of crosses I got from his CD line, I think he must have worked it enough to rid it of the problems pre out cross. The f1s (polyhybrids if anyone wants to be precise), can't have been a prob for me or I wouldn't have f2ed em. But I know I ditched the f2s. The other lines I ditched all but one, but for personal taste and aim reasons. If the prob was with his CD line, the prob would have been seen elsewhere.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting,,il defo look into it

Are you not looking for anything new at all,,,or are you totally happy with where your at now,,

I'm looking into high Terp Sativas at the min,,,I fancy some shocking flavour like I used to see from Kali mist years ago

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Flavour is the only thing I want to add to the stable now. I have 2 clones that are doing laps and that's it. Would love to play with something orangey though. Give me a reason to make seeds again.

Morphote

Veteran
Flavour is the only thing I want to add to the stable now. I have 2 clones that are doing laps and that's it. Would love to play with something orangey though. Give me a reason to make seeds again.

Chimera's Citra Paradiso may interest you. It's the BC Grapefruit clone hit with pollen from the BC Sweet Skunk clone reversed. Extreme citrus odor and flavor if that's what you want.

M.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^that will be going on my list^^^

What else from chim has extremely heavy terp profile. ..if you don't mind me asking?

I need to delve into chims seedlines at some point. .I've defo not looked into his work enough. ..as of yet