What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Returning to the classics - Widow & Skunk recommends?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well any skunk I've had or smoked in my time came from family in the UK, they used to come over now and then and show me all the pictures of these 6ft tall monsters with saw leafs and then they'd sneakily take me off for a drive knowing I smoked, this was 2006-7 maybe and I won't lie tya it was like i was smoking burnt rubber I said what's that smell he goes that's skunk mayte, never heard of it till then, and it didn't come from the states. Also the weed looked like shit not like your average buds today had a greasy feel and literally reeked, me cousin had half a gram with him and I could smell it the whole way out the road and back in after smoking it, and could still taste hints a good 20 minutes after the spliff and paranoid as fuck being young, so I dunno man send me skunk if you find it haha, for now I'll stick to blueskiesvienna regardless of what anyone says its 2021 we will never win if we keep bitching over it my main reason for this is, I saw folks looking for skunk I saw bsv pics which looked like the exact same stuff I had seen in family pictures. So I said I'd tell ye all but knew what I'm getting into. Ends here can't teach old dogs new tricks. And I for one will not argue with elders, we can be respectable in our ways.
thank you.gif

Skunk was not imported weed lol. It was a clone we grew in cali. Knowing more details then this ain't gonna happen. Don't take my word go ask a old head for some 1980 skunk :D..

Skunk was not imported weed lol. It was a clone we grew in cali. Knowing more details then this ain't gonna happen. Don't take my word go ask a old head for some 1980 skunk :D..

Some hope of getting it over here lol send me some and I'll take your word if it matches what I had years ago, OK but until then you ain't got anything but a nice perpetual set up, i beleive it when I see it so I'm getting BSV seeds and we shall see if they are a hermied mess I'll be back to apologise, if they deliver double serrations and a smell that Could get me raided ill be back to discuss, I have a feeling ill be happy, the real problem is America wants everything to themselves and they also want big, America, big (mouths tits and arses)

For now go watch future cannabis project (oldschoolskunk) and see for yourself if it ain't skunk it's something worth buying as the weed today is shit, also remember, Irish we don't get much of anything over here so be fucked if I'll beleive anyone here, I came to dig out the truth and all I see is slices of fraud pie being dished out.

tiphat

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What makes you think I got 1980 Skunk?. This is my 3rd post saying the same thing, Its gone dude. There is no 1980 skunk plants still alive. Your welcome to keep looking, we been looking for 40 years and still haven't found it. Maybe your weed is shit. I do not grow shit weed or make shit seeds. Please do not post in my Journal about anything other than my genetics. I have 135 different strain albums posted here. Its a lot more then a nice perpetual setup lol. That's a lifetime of work posted in my albums.

Last edited:

Hempsmoke

100%

The old white widow had a kick that the modern 25% plus THC strains barely scratch, I wonder what was bred out or what is missing from the equation..That said it was high THC, we never had testing available back in the day but the stuff was frosted like anything, but smoking a spliff of that was like a mild dose of shrooms along with a sit ur ass on the couch for next few hours and stare at the wall or TV in a delerium..The modern stuff I get blazed for 30 mins then come down and need another..LOL Smoke oil spliffs with even higher THC and same, but smoke an old haze indi hybrid and halfway thru the pinner I cant keep my eyes open and have slid so deep into the couch Im lost..something definately missing in modern stuff, but that off topic..Good thread, Im still looking for my old widow I lost..

100% this.

Since I'm living close to the netherlands I was often there.
Long Time ago, shortly before I turned 18 I went with a friend over there and bought some weed from an Moroccan guy that was sitting next to a smoke stuff shop and playing backgammon.
He said it was white widow, and It was one of the strongest stuff I ever smoked.
After a shared joint I was so hight I couldnt form a coherent sentence and everything I saw was not fluent like it should but like a dia show, just still images that replaced each other every 0,5seconds or so. Fun times.

I recently got some black widow seeds and 4 of them are already growing.
In one seed there were 2 seedlings, so now one of them has a disabled twin lol.

No white widow I got from a Coffeeshop came even close to this one by the way.

I saw your work

I saw your work

What makes you think I got 1980 Skunk?. This is my 3rd post saying the same thing, Its gone dude. There is no 1980 skunk plants still alive. Your welcome to keep looking, we been looking for 40 years and still haven't found it. Maybe your weed is shit. I do not grow shit weed or make shit seeds. Please do not post in my Journal about anything other than my genetics. I have 135 different strain albums posted here. Its a lot more then a nice perpetual setup lol. That's a lifetime of work posted in my albums.

And it looks good I'm not doubting you one bit sir, I give up my apologies, I don't know enough to know how can anyone learn with all this going around, you say there Is no skunk so I don't know, alot more than BSV is claiming to have skunk from what I have heard the Canadians have it from a cut, then two Australian people and now you're saying its gone for good and with 40 years experience you can't be wrong.

(Hammerhead) I definitely love your stardawg corey, i got stardawg before it had 2 seeds in it and grew it, just to see and it was quite a treat so good it's on its third run of clones now, the weed in Ireland is mediocre and shit, mine has been a treat compared to the chemical ridden crap here I'm not looking to make enemy's either, not in the world the way it is today, weed if anything should a centerpoint for everyone, one more thing I'll add is if blueskies doesn't have skunk then what's in those packs because if I'm honest I'd still buy em, bit expensive but the plants I've seen from them are revealing terps I've never heard of before, baby poo,vomit, ammonia? It's something as I was told if it smells like ammonia it's strong weed, can you verify the terps on stardawg just so I can compare because I was told I have stardawg, do I beleive it, meh I don't beleive anyone till I smoke it and feel it myself.

Fitzera

(Hammerhead) I definitely love your stardawg corey, i got stardawg before it had 2 seeds in it and grew it, just to see and it was quite a treat so good it's on its third run of clones now, the weed in Ireland is mediocre and shit, mine has been a treat compared to the chemical ridden crap here I'm not looking to make enemy's either, not in the world the way it is today, weed if anything should a centerpoint for everyone, one more thing I'll add is if blueskies doesn't have skunk then what's in those packs because if I'm honest I'd still buy em, bit expensive but the plants I've seen from them are revealing terps I've never heard of before, baby poo,vomit, ammonia? It's something as I was told if it smells like ammonia it's strong weed, can you verify the terps on stardawg just so I can compare because I was told I have stardawg, do I beleive it, meh I don't beleive anyone till I smoke it and feel it myself.

Here's the thing...you can grow whatever you want. Nobody cares. Thats your freedom. If you choose BDV, nobody is going to care. But pushing that shit down any of our throats, nobody is going to have it.

On a side note, a friend of mine and her dog were chased by a Skunk just this afternoon, after the Skunk had sprayed the dog in a field. You are not going to find anything resembling Skunk in those seeds.

Here's the thing...you can grow whatever you want. Nobody cares. Thats your freedom. If you choose BDV, nobody is going to care. But pushing that shit down any of our throats, nobody is going to have it.

On a side note, a friend of mine and her dog were chased by a Skunk just this afternoon, after the Skunk had sprayed the dog in a field. You are not going to find anything resembling Skunk in those seeds.

Note taken cheers I'm out.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just so there's no confusion ill add some details.. There's a lot of genetics that can produce Skunk aromas but these are all weak vs the real cut.. Nothing Im aware of has produced the same stench 1980 skunk did. I know a lot of us older growers from all around the USA have been searching through all kinds of genetics. None have found 1 that we could say was like the cut from 1980. Sure I've seen some claim they have skunk, it might be true they do but not the cut we are searching for. Every one of them never offered proof she was the same cut. A cut like that could not be hidden. From the info we have, she was culled because she was way too stinky and caused growers to be concerned about getting locked up. She could not be grown in our backyards, She had to be grown out in the middle of nowhere for security reasons. She would still pose the same issues today but with the use of scrubbers, it might be doable?. I guarantee she will chew through scrubbers pretty easily.

ahh i see

ahh i see

Just so there's no confusion ill add some details.. There's a lot of genetics that can produce Skunk aromas but these are all weak vs the real cut.. Nothing Im aware of has produced the same stench 1980 skunk did. I know a lot of us older growers from all around the USA have been searching through all kinds of genetics. None have found 1 that we could say was like the cut from 1980. Sure I've seen some claim they have skunk, it might be true they do but not the cut we are searching for. Every one of them never offered proof she was the same cut. A cut like that could not be hidden. From the info we have, she was culled because she was way too stinky and caused growers to be concerned about getting locked up. She could not be grown in our backyards, She had to be grown out in the middle of nowhere for security reasons. She would still pose the same issues today but with the use of scrubbers, it might be doable?. I guarantee she will chew through scrubbers pretty easily.

Hello cheers for that bit of info,it makes a lot of sense now ,folks just think they have it but yes i have heard the "one" will get you raided its that pungent and i'm sure with todays carbon filters it could very well be hidden, can i ask have you seen the original skunk or smoked it and could you speak a little about it, i'm in Ireland prohibition land the only reason i speak of having skunk years ago is my family still grow to this day and he says its skunk from seed so may be a different variety altogether,on the blue-skies topic, i still think hes got some good stuff based on the multiple accounts on IG some i've spoke too and seen monsters with double serrated leaves but i couldn't smell it so if not skunk possibly a few hazes worth picking,until i know for sure ill remain open minded because yes that cut may have been killed due to any reason really ,paranoia, smell, neighbours and raids if so it make sense . :thank you: for your knowledge.

Also is this private,id post pics of my own only i'm anxious.

Seedsman Skunkman Range

Wonder Woman: White Widow x Thai-Haze/Skunk #1 x Skunk #1 50 days in the flowering room under 11/13

View Image
View Image

Double serrations on the leafs and all all my talk of bkueskiesvienna this is why simply because of plants like this I've seen plants like this before in family photos they were a good six foot odd outside Essex to be exact Chelmsford I think .

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I posted this here...https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=9103373&postcount=213
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Got a bulk seedbank "white widow" going into flower now, as well as an "Black widow" from Mr Nice from old Bou stock...and a White Widow x Skunk#1 from Cultivators choice/SamS...Got two boys and a girl of those.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
3 weeks in now or so and the Skunk/widow looks the most so far like the widow of late 90's early 2000's that I loved and remember, which was the Sensi stock. It looks very reminiscent of the old widow in fact, busting out huge buds at the moment, tennis balls of white hairs and fat single leaves like the widow used to..Im holding thumbs for this gal. Got a whole span of the new age stuff in flower next to them, and chi's beans like NL/chem and Cindy99/Chem and the new age stuff mostly has puny buds compared to these..granted new age stuff is caked at the moment but there is old school stuff in assesment that is just as caked, and the older stuff packs on at the end anyway so early is no real test..Also some new age stuff is stacking like anything..

Back to the widows, the bulk seedbank stuff looks a splitting image of the old GH seeds widow which was a haze hybrid then by my guess after filling a room with it back in the day and pulling my hair out at week ten with it climbing all over the lights and not near done, the bulk seedbankplant smelling though spot on for the soft lemons of the newer different to older Sensi version..I've pulled those plants and put them outside as they are taking up light for other plants and one can see the loooong flower already coming..The black widow from 2000's I think, is stacking but more of a sativa version of the widow side of the ganja family but with very thin leaves, but bud stack looking very similar to the SamS cross of unknown age (heard it to be sometime in the 90's mid ?)

Time will tell..If that widow skunk is mold resistant from her dad, and stacks like she looks like she is doing..then I will be very happy..I have all sorts of stuff waiting for some of that in its life that is not shy in thc dept..but lacking otherwise..
[/FONT]

Pollypak

I got my seed from Shanti around 2001 and even Pacific used MrNice seed to seek out a male widow for breeding.I dont know what there current widows is like as i have not grown it but the original White widow that won the cup came from him.

Shanti and his wife/partner owned 50% of GHS the only thing that changed with the white lines when he sold his % of GHS and started MrNice was the names.

I did a full grow log on my widow grow back in cannabis world years ago from seed germ to harvest the 2 plants i posted pictures of here were my selected females and both were very strong.

I dont know when the seeds were made i grew maybe 2000 maybe before.

I find it funny that so many knock Mrnice and yet all the serious growers went to them for seed from 2000 when i joined CW/OG.

GHS ran out of seed after shanti left and had no seed until franco joined GHS some time after.Whats even worse is Mr Haze a mr nice seed retailer from Holland posted admitting he had sold Arjan / Franco F1 seed from Mr nice and that is how they managed to select plants and re stock there seed .

Franco did not even know the widow males id and i would bet money Arjan to this day can not tell you it also and the widow male is what was used in the Shark and Rhino.

Shanti gifted me 2 unreleased widow lines one you could only buy flower of in Coffee shops it was called White Butterfly i also have different stages of the widow in its development i also know the males id along with the moms do YOU.
White butterfly (along with others like Whyte wings (sic)) were advertised as being sold as seeds by GHS in 1997.
I'm surprised not to see Ingemar's name mentioned here when discussing white widow...

G

White butterfly (along with others like Whyte wings (sic)) were advertised as being sold as seeds by GHS in 1997.
I'm surprised not to see Ingemar's name mentioned here when discussing white widow...

I remember the white butterfly in the coffeeshops in the early 90s it was a fantastic smoke and everyone at the time wanted it.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

White butterfly was never offered in seed for sale only flowers were at the GSH were sold is what i read in high times and was told.

Ingemar was a grower and from what i remember he supplied GHS with flower he was given a clone of the widow to grow funny how every one claims to be the breeder yet who won the cup ? .

Latest posts

Latest posts