What's new

Return of the Quantum Tower LED PC case

Wow great read on the carbon man, my local pet-store dosn't even offer different sorts of carbon. I'm using the smallest, granulated form though. Works good.

The buds look awesome, can't wait for mine to look as frosty as yours. Just don't take too many "samples" :)

T

trem0lo

Zoidberg, aquarium carbon is pretty small, and that's what we want anyway for best odor control. Nice that the bigger granules are there for when we want more airflow.

It's hard not to take samples, let me tell you. I took one last night that completely blew me away--some psychedelic disco shit right here! The room was breathing and I was seeing light tracers and cartoons on the wall.

Almost ready :joint:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i cant help but wonder how sample taking may affect continued growth

its just seemed to me like its stagnated the plants when i do it but this is pure anecdote ~no quantifying

of course i have always been reluctant to trim/top and it may color my impression

it would be fairly minimal anyway ~just thinking aloud

i have to say; your lamp has really got me thinking and i even shared it in the homemade LED thread ~nice simple way to get a nice well-rounded spectrum and hit the actinic wavelengths

Last edited:
T

trem0lo

Hey everyone! :wave:

I harvested the scrog'ed plant... didn't have time for pictures as I had to work as fast as possible to mitigate the smell. She dried for a few days in the cab underneath some paper (to block the light) and now is curing in a jar. She's developing a nice diesel/candy odor that stinks up the room when opened. Very nice.
:blowbubbles:

I think because of the nutrient deficiency going into flower the buds came out a little smaller and wispier than I had hoped. Her healthy neighbor looks much more promising... can't wait to chop her down! Honestly, even though she's a clone, she looks like a different plant with much denser and more resinous buds.

Needless to say this is what I'll be filling my cab with next run...

picture.php

T

trem0lo

Chop chop pics guys! :woohoo:

This time I remembered to take a few.

The clone seemed to finish up a few days more quickly than the seed mother at about 60-63 days. Speaking of seeds, the mother has a few. I noticed some nanners appear early on, right after I scrog'ed and defoliated her without mercy. I plucked them off and that was that. Seems like they were stress nanners because the clone had no problems. It will be nice to have some S1 seeds of this pheno as it's pretty early for a sativa dominant AND it gets you absolutely wasted with a great diesel fuel taste.

Here she is before the fall:
picture.php

And the main stem, completely wet with resin. My fingers were sticking together and it was getting everywhere. It's like glue!
picture.php

Now you can see where the stem was bent and tied to the screen, and the light bleaching:
picture.php

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like some tasty yields there trem0lo

that last pic w/ the bleaching is pretty sweet

T

trem0lo

thanks guys!

The large cola is most of the yield, with the lower buds smaller but still pretty good considering distance from the light.

I think I could fit 3-4 of these in the space; straight to 12/12 with little to no veg time.

MrCopyZ

thanks guys!

The large cola is most of the yield, with the lower buds smaller but still pretty good considering distance from the light.

I think I could fit 3-4 of these in the space; straight to 12/12 with little to no veg time.

Your gonna have to up the carbon!

Things are looking great. Nice clean and professional. Even if you do have sticky fingers.

Can't wait to see what the dry weight is on this run.

T

trem0lo

Can't wait to see what the dry weight is on this run.

Total yield is about an ounce this run.

Dry weight on the healthy girl was around 20 grams, with most of it being in the top buds. The other only yielded 7 grams due to me not recognizing nute deficiencies. I also found out one of the blumats had dried up with lots of dead roots wrapped around it, so that was probably an issue too, and possibly why she hermied.

Theoretically if I had 3 healthy clones I could pull 60 grams, which would be pretty sweet. Space-wise, 4 would fit and I'd be approaching 2 gpw, but that's probably wishful thinking.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
however you find is the best way to fill your canopy that will give your best results ~and you get great results! whether plant count or taking some time to fill a screen is your choice and you will probably find your yield is limited to the capacity of your light

more plants might get you there quicker w less veg time but also less per plant

Last edited:

Killkingkong

Theoretically if I had 3 healthy clones I could pull 60 grams, which would be pretty sweet. Space-wise, 4 would fit and I'd be approaching 2 gpw, but that's probably wishful thinking.
That's kind of what I'm hoping for with my grow. I have no idea what I'm going to do if 1 of the 3 bigger pots I'm using turns out to be a male and I have to transport my plant in the small cup. The transporting isn't the problem, but rather transporting without ruining the screen. Great grow, I'm sure you'll be hitting your goal in no time.

T

trem0lo

right on guys, I've been having plenty of fun with the stash jar :joint:

this is the strongest of the three F2 now that I've grown, with one pheno in close second. that one had a clearer, more functional high. this one is still sativa dominant but messes you up much more. also the indica will nail you toward the end if you're not careful.

@xmobotx that is the question... will she grow as big if I give her a roommate. i'm confident the light would produce the same results but the issue is soil space. it's times like this i wish i knew more about hydro.

@kingkong thanks and good luck with your grow too. you know, the hardest part is getting them to middle age, then 12/12 is a relative breeze.

@MrCopy I'm not sure, although I don't *think* circulation would be a problem given the relative size of my fan. and i can always add more fans :D

@GP7 thanks for stopping in! I'll make that LED list yet ;)

T

trem0lo

Hey guys! :wave:

It's reveg time!

I took this branch 3-4 weeks into flowering and stuck her in my smaller LED cab (it's 8 watts in an empty RAID controller case--I'll show you all soon) and she just sat there in a sad red party cup, doing nothing for the longest time. I barely even watered her. Just last week she showed some green, and now is almost ready for some cloneage.

The seedling next to her is an S1 of this pheno, from a stress hermie seed (I found 8-10). She's a little worse for the wear as I transplanted her right after sprouting and soaked the soil too much. Looks like she will pull through.

picture.php

Here's a nug shot... sour, dank, fuely goodness!

picture.php

T

trem0lo

Did you notice her goin' herm?

Yeah, I did, a few weeks into flowering. It was either the aggressive training or the drying out of one of the blumats that did it. There was a large mass of dead, dried out roots wrapped around it--good thing I had a backup. I sprayed her with Reverse 5-6 times and that kept the nanners from returning, although I ended up with a handful of seeds anyway.

Three clones went down yesterday into some rockwool cubes... should have the cab going again in a week or so. Stay tuned :dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts