What's new

Return of the Quantum Tower LED PC case

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
huh? so the bleached parts taste different? i think it's pretty cool ~kinda speaks to the intensity of the light {or something} ~i'd leave it/lol

T

trem0lo

Yeah, they don't really taste like anything. I usually smoke it along with green flowers so you can't tell anyway. Maybe I'll leave it, I like that I'm maxing out the light in the space.

T

trem0lo

NKOTS, thank you, always nice to see what the bunnies are up to :D

I was going to post this before, but forgot... here is the veg cab at the moment, with the mother toward the back and the three clones I have rooted at the front which are a few weeks old.

In addition to the Azos, the clones' roots got inoculated with the Mykos as well. Although they're on the light green side, they just keep growing taller and drinking the small amount of water I pour in each day. I recently started adding a drop or two of fish fertilizer and that has helped slow the yellowing. This is an experiment of sorts to see how long they'll stay alive, and if I can use it as an easy vegging method. Call it micro organic hydro. If they last another week or so, they'll head into the flowering PC.

picture.php

T

trem0lo

What's up everyone, a little update for you all.

Today I experienced a nice memento of Rezdog genetics while plucking off a nanner from the most mature bud with tweezers. 2-3 per plant usually appear like clockwork around day 70, but never posed a problem. This time the thing exploded and sent a tiny cloud of (hopefully sterile) pollen toward the filter right over the younger plant. Gah. I immediately misted everything with water with an atomizer. We're so far into flower it shouldn't matter, and I'm about to harvest anyway. With the amount of inbreeding and feminizing going on, these things happen even if people don't talk about it much. Just thought I'd share. I'm only willing to put up with this because, well, she's the bee's knees.

Day 67 here for the rightmost plant, a week earlier for the left. I'm really diggin' the extra bud mass this time around. As you see I had to bend the main bud waaay over and there is absolutely zero light getting to the lower buds. Can't say I'm too concerned :D

picture.php

picture.php

MrCopyZ

Im diggin the swollen colas. I have got to figure out some way to clone... This poppin seeds all the time is killin me...

T

trem0lo

Hey MrCopy, hope all is well. Cloning is pretty easy once you have a mother, it saves so much time there is really no going back to seed unless you want to hunt for new genetics. Plus if you find a great pheno you can grow it again and again and figure out what she likes.

Here's a quick shot at lights out--I'll probably harvest over the next week or two.

picture.php

Chloemobile

These are just really incredible buds for the space....Once you go LED you never go back. Really great grow trem. My light is inspired from yours, it was just a couple of pages ago i was a doubter...

T

trem0lo

I was planning on harvesting this week, but for whatever reason (better mycorrhizae, soil, higher temps) these ladies are taking longer than last run. Last week I noticed a new explosion of pistils all over the place and some foxtailing from the younger girl. It's their sativa side showing, I'm sure, and if I'm getting more potential from this pheno bring on those longer flowering times!

They now have a full-on raunchy Afghan smell which is a mixture of skunk, fuel, garlic and a certain je ne sais quois of something rotten. The resin itself is quite sweet and fruity, mostly lime.

Here's the largest bud... a sticky sweet tower of raunch, for sure.

picture.php

Some foxtailing here, calyxes popping everywhere...

picture.php

The full PC... must... resist... harvesting...

picture.php

Chloemobile

maybe change the lights to 11/13? No experience here but from what ive read sometimes its necessary for finishing some sativas.

T

trem0lo

harvest & dried shots

harvest & dried shots

Total dry weight this run: 40 grams

Here is most of the harvest curing. The largest bud weighed in at 10 grams. I'm pretty happy with the results, and although I'll try to improve next round, for 42 watts I'm not complaining!

What's funny (but predictable when you think about it) was that each pot yielded ~20g even though one supported two plants. The single plant actually yielded a little more.

Mycorrhizae definitely helped up the yield this time, here's an example. Same clone, same veg time (none), same soil, same light, same blumats, same everything:

Without...

With...

I have two clones I've been vegging for about a week that will go into flower very soon. Hopefully I'll break 1 gpw!

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
wow, trem, congrats on your harvest, very decent result, thumbs up!
happy growing next run.
do you expect big difference thanks to veg stage applied?

peace :smoke:

T

trem0lo

wow, trem, congrats on your harvest, very decent result, thumbs up!
happy growing next run.
do you expect big difference thanks to veg stage applied?

peace :smoke:

Thanks! I'm thinking that a short veg in small pots will help establish themselves more in the 2 gallon containers. I did notice the last few runs that the roots weren't completely using the space like they could.

Chloemobile

Congrats on the harvest. That strain looks like it does really well in your setup. Thanks for converting me with this thread :p

T

trem0lo

Congrats on the harvest. That strain looks like it does really well in your setup. Thanks for converting me with this thread :p

Thanks man, appreciate all the kind words!

I'm actually thinking this strain would do pretty well in a SOG-type setup. Might be a good idea for when I go pheno-hunting again... run a few of these and a few from seed.

Latest posts

Latest posts