What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reserva Privada X-18 Pure Pakistani

GoatCheese

Veteran
Time as illusion, Good Vibes @GoatCheese

Your last pack of RP is alive thank you very much!
12/13 just sprouted with the moon phase, fingers cross to succeed the repro/preserv! With BLD ancestor as cap bro, in the same time i have 12 Deep Chunk to select for cross with it. Next time if all work good i will cross RP F2s with yours X18 mixed with TH originals.
:greenstars:
Feel free to post photos and updates in this thread.

Good seeds from Reserva - 25 out of 26 seeds germinated. I bought these in some discount around spring of 2015, so nice to get such good germ rates. I bet they were close to 10 years old.

Post some photos of the seedlings once the first set of leaves grow abit!
Good luck with the projects.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Yeah encouraging germ rates, and respect for their male detection and selection which surely be short and especially BLD as you know, good game!

Will do some photos soon ;)

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Plop for now 9 are good, 2 hard to come and 1 born dead.
IMGP0416 (2).JPG
IMGP0417 (2).JPG
IMGP0414.JPG

Surprise with two plants from one seed too and it seems good for both!
IMGP0411 (2).JPG

:biggrin:

acespicoli

1664200829873.png
Separate, or let nature run its course?
Makes me wonder what the resultant seeds could be :chin:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Many times with these twins one of them will be a slow grower if you leave them grow as they are – That’s why i suggested separating them. Both might grow into healthy plants if they’d be in separate pots.

I had 3-4 seeds from a bag of MNS NL5Afg that grew twins. They separated easily when done during the first week, just make sure the roots are wet when you separate them and they should just slide a part with little effort. With those seeds the tap root tissue was separate with the twins and not “grafted” together but this could happen once they grow little older – that’s why you should separate them early on.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Try to separate the twins early on, before their roots get too tangled with each other.

In principle i would yes, now or after a couple of weeks but in our case of reproduction from just few seeds i prefer let them grow together quietly for now. Will see each development, if one is really unhappy i will separate them and if not i will trellis them step by step. Also 12/12 shedule so delicate veg!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Trellis little start ^^

IMGP0499 (2).JPG

8 are ok, the twins and 2 late...
IMGP0498 (2).JPG

With 12 Deep Chunk ;) (under 2 x 55W LED)
IMGP0504 (2).JPG

(One or two Jamaican Lambsbread females will join the harem too next month)

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
In general my Tom-x18s are more "fresh smelling"; floral, sour apple while Reserva's version is more bubblegummy sweet. Both can also be quite spicy/hashy, thou some plants stay fairly fresh and fruity.
..but we have to remember i only got three females and one male out of 30 Tom Hill-seeds, so my selection is quite limited

..while Reserva's version was made with a small parent selection. I imagine DNA's male-x18 was/is a short Broad Leaf-type, which are the more bubblegummy phenos.

Yeah i agree but i think that the fruity bubblegum majority should come from Raco's cut more than RP's male? I mean female transmits mostly terpz and male is structure generally.

So RP's repro/preserv strongly bottlenecked the short structure and BLD, not bad at all and i even would say that is a improved line considering BLDA.

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
There was still some variation in the RP x18 line; some were shorter branchy kind while some plants had more single cola growth + some variation in aroma profiles – so the line isn’t totally bottlenecked, but sure, seems to be largely missing the tall sativa leaning plants.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Btw also big up to The Chemist's work at the source from the 80s, more infos about him somewhere? His openpoll Northern Californian garden should be epic!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
charlie garcia
Sep 26, 2008

"well I always get same response back when some of these events happen, oh man this is just a business.... Raco knows our talks, some times is hard to think in releasing new genetic hybrids, sharing cuts or seeds or to simply try to share ur work and not sell it... as simple as sharing. Is not very positive and motivating scen

Man I would have preferred maybe a mutual exchange instead of only been kinda fooled.

cuidense"

Wish Kaiki was still around....
Screenshot_2022-10-04-18-38-09-126_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
None of the Reserva X18s i grew out had sausage type spiciness to them nor any cheesey stuff which would have been nice. Hashy stuff, yes, on many of them and on or two were more earthy/mouldy types.

One RP female had hashy, fuel, bubble gummy orange thing going on and one Tom Hill X18 had kushy, abit bland lemony thing that you can find in OG Kush hybrids.

Few RP x18s had sweet apple aroma going on. ..some more, some less.

There seems to be different types of apple notes on X18. There’s the sweet apple, maybe can be abit pear-like also. Then i had an air freshener-like green apple on one of the Tom Hill X18 and then a stale-watery sour apple on one TH female

Latest posts

Latest posts