What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reserva Privada X-18 Pure Pakistani

GoatCheese

Veteran
Nice pics Roms. If you happen to find more X18 pics, feel free to post them, amigo.
Tom Hill's X18 pics are ok too, if you have any. Just mention they're TH if you have such photos.

Enjoy your holidays.

Keep it green in 2017 :)

Laters.
-
-
I started writing few words about the smoke, but haven't finished it yet..
I'll be back.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Smoke reports and few notes.

Smoke reports and few notes.

There is some variation in the Reserva Privada X18 line, but N. Indian effect can be felt in many genotypes, some abit more than others. Res X18 is indica-leaning hybrid weed, with a proper mental spin and high from N. Indian NLD-genetics; Manali, i'm guessing. Some plants are very stoney and narcotic, but still with some mental activity.

Some plants, especially in Tom Hill's X18 are very much leaning to the N.Indian NLD-side, Res X18 being more BLD in general, thou some plants are taller and express more NLD traits.

I can see that some not-so-seasoned-smokers might feel little anxiety if they smoke too much of this stuff, cause the effect can be abit over powering and confusing with high dosages. Some plants are very strong, some abit less.

Some plants could have some CBD in them, my most clear example coming from Tom Hill's line, and they have abit more calm, focused effect but can abit more boring too, if they are "extreme types" of this kind.

Personally, i'm not a big fan of N. Indian charas and thou in some of the BLD-types the effect is filtered fairly nicely, X18 isn't one of my favorites when it comes to the effect. People who like more psychedelic or "mentally active weed" might like this more than i do.

Having said that, one Res X18 plant was a stand-out when it comes to effect. It was super narcotic and very strong. It had really nice aroma also. Diesel/fuely, parfumey, spicey-hashy orange. Very nice fuely taste in the smoke. Nice resin, but the buds were abit airy. Still, i hope i'll find nice males (..and girls ofcource) of this type out of the seeds i have. I named this plant the "Uzbek type", cause she looks like some of the Uzbek-photos i've seen, and Uzbeks apparently are very strong and narcotic. This type (looks) is also in some Afghan lines.

Here's the RES X18 "Uzbek"-type

picture.php

Taskenti by CannaBiogen

picture.php

Purple Uzbeki https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/cannabis-uzbekistan/

picture.php

Some plants have sweet baby puke-apple/fruit-hash aroma, some are berry-ish bubblegummy, some are floral-parfumey. Many plants are more or less hashy but some plants are abit stale, more acrid vegetable/watery sour apple types. Some can be abit mouldy smelling. Ofcourse there is alot of hybrids of the different chemotypes in these seeds.

Some grow-notes i might have mentioned before:
- Some plants in the Res X18 line expressed intersex trait in late bloom, as did some plants in Tom Hill's X18 line. The worst hermie X18 i had came from Tom Hill's seeds; not just few nanners, but proper ball sacks.

- X18 is a moderate feeder and doesn't need as much nutrients as heavily inbred western hybrids.

- Some x18 plants really do not like dry climate. I have never seen a plant react to dry and colder air as one of my Tom Hill X18 did. Huge damage on sun leaves, while her sister next to her wasn't bothered all that much.

:)

Last edited:

frostqueen

There is some variation in the Reserva Privada X18 line, but N. Indian effect can be felt in many genotypes, some abit more than others. Res X18 is indica-leaning hybrid weed, with a proper mental spin and high from N. Indian NLD-genetics; Manali, i'm guessing. Some plants are very stoney and narcotic, but still with some mental activity.

Some plants, especially in Tom Hill's X18 are very much leaning to the N.Indian NLD-side, Res X18 being more BLD in general, thou some plants are taller and express more NLD traits.

I can see that some not-so-seasoned-smokers might feel little anxiety if they smoke too much of this stuff, cause the effect can be abit over powering and confusing with high dosages. Some plants are very strong, some abit less.

Some plants could have some CBD in them, my most clear example coming from Tom Hill's line, and they have abit more calm, focused effect but can abit more boring too, if they are "extreme types" of this kind.

Personally, i'm not a big fan of N. Indian charas and thou in some of the BLD-types the effect is filtered fairly nicely, X18 isn't one of my favorites when it comes to the effect. People who like more psychedelic or "mentally active weed" might like this more than i do.

Having said that, one Res X18 plant was a stand-out when it comes to effect. It was super narcotic and very strong. It had really nice aroma also. Diesel/fuely, parfumey, spicey-hashy orange. Very nice fuely taste in the smoke. Nice resin, but the buds were abit airy. Still, i hope i'll find nice males (..and girls ofcource) of this type out of the seeds i have. I named this plant the "Uzbek type", cause she looks like some of the Uzbek-photos i've seen, and Uzbeks apparently are very strong and narcotic. This type (looks) is also in some Afghan lines.

Here's the RES X18 "Uzbek"-type

View Image

Taskenti by CannaBiogen

View Image

Purple Uzbeki https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/cannabis-uzbekistan/

View Image

Some plants have sweet baby puke-apple/fruit-hash aroma, some are berry-ish bubblegummy, some are floral-parfumey. Many plants are more or less hashy but some plants are abit stale, more acrid vegetable/watery sour apple types. Some can be abit mouldy smelling. Ofcourse there is alot of hybrids of the different chemotypes in these seeds.

Some grow-notes i might have mentioned before:
- Some plants in the Res X18 line expressed intersex trait in late bloom, as did some plants in Tom Hill's X18 line. The worst hermie X18 i had came from Tom Hill's seeds; not just few nanners, but proper ball sacks.

- X18 is a moderate feeder and doesn't need as much nutrients as heavily inbred western hybrids.

- Some x18 plants really do not like dry climate. I have never seen a plant react to dry and colder air as one of my Tom Hill X18 did. Huge damage on sun leaves, while her sister next to her wasn't bothered all that much.

Interesting info, thanks for sharing. Apparently the Reserva P X18s are out of production now? Can't find them anywhere. I know the Tom Hills are gone.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i guess they (dna/ reserva privada) and chimera have both stopped selling the x-18?

*edit* found it on the dna website... kinda dont want to support them monetarily, though, if what was said is true about them selling other peoples' work without permission. and no shouts out on their website to the real work done.

GoatCheese

Veteran
i guess they (dna/ reserva privada) and chimera have both stopped selling the x-18?

*edit* found it on the dna website... kinda dont want to support them monetarily, though, if what was said is true about them selling other peoples' work without permission. and no shouts out on their website to the real work done.
Yea, i hear you. But i don't think cannabis-scene is very ethical business in general
Cannabis is product of nature and now people are selling seeds, with many costing 5-10 euros a piece and then they'll tell you "We're all brothers and sisters in this fight".

I could go on and on..:biggrin:

Some shops in EU are still selling Reserva's X18, in some shops it's on discount. Use s-eedfinder .eu to find some of these or do some googling.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran

'Chimera' doesn't sell X-18, Breeders Retail (a retail outlet) does. BR has Tom's X-18 in stock, produced under Tom's guidance and selection in Spain and provided to BR for retail sales and distribution. These are the real deal X-18 from Tom.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
If those are the seeds Tom produced in Spain then they are at least one decade old, if not more...

Past year tried to germinate some DCs and X18s from the same stocks and unfortunately not a single one even cracked.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mustafunk,
If you're having issues like that then I'll attempt to germ mine this season as well. Well... They gotta show up first... I just placed an order for some TH X-18 with Breeders Retail.

GoatCheese

Veteran
If those are the seeds Tom produced in Spain then they are at least one decade old, if not more...

Past year tried to germinate some DCs and X18s from the same stocks and unfortunately not a single one even cracked.
I think i read Tom Hill saying the last batch of X18 was made around 2005, iirc.

My germ rate was 4 out of 30 seeds.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Forgot to post this here..
Three DNA-samples of X18 was sent to the Phylos Galaxy project. Two samples were from Tom Hill's X18, one sample was Reserva Privada's X18. The Reserva sample was the plant i called "Uzbek type", pictured on Page 5.

Could take a while til the results are uploaded on Phylos.

GoatCheese

Veteran
DNA sample of X18 on Phylos!

DNA sample of X18 on Phylos!

One X18 DNA sample uploaded on Phylos!

Paki X-18
https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/sample/genotype/eg5r66v8

Here's a capture of the first "web of relations". Let's see how it changes in time once more landrace/traditional cultivar samples have been uploaded on the Phylos.

picture.php

If this is one of my samples, then it's the plant i called the "Uzbek pheno".
Super potent, super stoned!
Smell: Fuel, orange, parfumey, sweet bubblegum, spicey-hashish
Taste: fuely "dark orange"

This one:
picture.php

picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran
Just noticed the sample is from DNA Seeds, so my sample hasn't shown up yet. They have sent in few other samples as well. A5, Tora Bora and few others.

Tora Bora is a X18 hybrid
https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/node/results/4opvppzo

I wonder if this X18 sample is from their keeper-mom, if the sample really came from the DNA Seeds that is. So in reality sample of Raco's cut?
..or perhaps sample of the male?:biggrin:

Anyways, cool to see X18 sample on Phylos.

PS.

...sample.
...sample

:biggrin:

mack 10

Veteran
That phylos thing above seems a joke?... , Durban poison direct related to cinex, which is related to master kush? lol just looking at the plants tells you that's wrong.
That list is all over the place, animal og direct related too! I mean, common

. I know you have to start somewhere but.. Saying a landrace sativa frim South Africa is related to C99 cross which is directly from masterkush. Etc.

Am I missing something?

GoatCheese

Veteran
That phylos thing above seems a joke?... , Durban poison direct related to cinex, which is related to master kush? lol just looking at the plants tells you that's wrong.
That list is all over the place, animal og direct related too! I mean, common

. I know you have to start somewhere but.. Saying a landrace sativa frim South Africa is related to C99 cross which is directly from masterkush. Etc.

Am I missing something?

Hey,
I don't know about Cinex but some Durban populations seem to be related to paki/N.India genetics, thou some look more like SE Asian plants.
Lot of Indians worked in South Africa way back then, including Gandhi!

I think it was Durban from African Seeds than look abit like sativa leaning Chitral paki-line, but i'm not 100% sure about the name of the seed bank. Lot of chunky purple phenos in those seeds it seems.

There's a nice grow-thread with those Durbans here on ICmag, you'll find it easily with the search, just look for durban-threads.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Time as illusion, Good Vibes @GoatCheese

Your last pack of RP is alive thank you very much!
12/13 just sprouted with the moon phase, fingers cross to succeed the repro/preserv! With BLD ancestor as cap bro, in the same time i have 12 Deep Chunk to select for cross with it. Next time if all work good i will cross RP F2s with yours X18 mixed with TH originals.
:greenstars:

Latest posts

Latest posts