What's new

rescue dogs, so far too much trouble to deal with

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a hamburger on st. patty's day?

whats with the corned beef and cabbage SFL?

do you have something against a dog fart that would strip paint off the wall?

Scooby's farts were legendary, the most vulgar odor, when first adopted her given name was Wendy which immediately was switched to Windy. Once I settled down her digestive issues (Canidae dog food) the lack of wind would follow; so would her new name Scooby matching her personality.

It was decided early on that this dog (& now Alice too) would receive no human food. Splitting that McDouble was a big treat, I chopped it up and mixed it into their food @ supper time.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran

nearly gave myself a heart attack. I was walking the dogs on the driveway and had my focus on Alice who was pacing around to take a poop, suddenly I realized I hadn't seen Scooby (late @ nite, no collar) for about 20-30 seconds.

quickly I looked @ the two areas she likes to roam as I called her name, I walked/hobbled back n' forth ranging farther every time & yelling her name louder each time, I expected her to come bounding any second but she didn't.

It's 1°F outside and she wouldn't last long in this cold, I was headed to my car to grab my cell phone to call a friend who'd help look when I glanced over at my doorway where Scooby sat waiting, she was probably there the whole time sneaking in behind me somehow.

damn near scared me to death my heart was pounding hard, Alice doesn't need me to keep an eye on her, Scooby does, from now on 100% of my attention will stay on Scooby which it normally is.

Many years ago, when my old, now deceased dog was young, my mate took my dog and my other mates dog with him when he went to score, and let them run around on the rec on the way back. My dog was doing something annoying, I forget what. Matey shouted "Fuck off" at him, and off he fucked.
When matey got back to the house, my dog was sat on the doorstep, matey was not impressed after a couple of hours of wandering the nearby streets shouting for him.
Me and my other mate had been in the house the whole time, daft dog never barked or scratched at the door, just sat there good as gold, waiting.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so needing to see Scooby as she wanders around untethered @ night I decided to buy 2 of these:

4bd8047f-b4b9-479b-9ae3-2708c38ef593.jpg

the Guardian light by eGear.

It has two settings. steady on (100 hour battery life) and flashing (250 hour battery life), I chose flashing and so far so good, I can keep an eye on her w/my peripheral vision. Of course the lights are on her training collar and she's always on her best behavior w/that unit on. With 2 of these on her collar I can see them no matter which way she's turned from me.

Anyways, those lights can be used for many applications, bicycling, jogging, marine use (watertight little buggers) or wherever small portable safety lighting is a concern. Lens colors are amber, blue, red, green or clear; includes a nice tight belt clip or run a strap through it like I did adding it to Scooby's collar.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Scooby's such a good girl staying very close at hand, she rarely leaves my side once she finishes her business when we go out, really well behaved. but still she'll be wearing her training collar until I'm sure she's not a hazard to herself chasing critters onto the highway etc. so far so good.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here are a couple of videos of dog rescues.

Use this link for the video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnYRhanK3XA

[iframe1]nnYRhanK3XA[/iframe1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhVn9d2jUBQ

[iframe1]IhVn9d2jUBQ[/iframe1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OE1Juo7zhc

[iframe1]4OE1Juo7zhc[/iframe1]

sorry, these videos get a bit tearful. I can't imagine how despicable a person or family has to be to allow their dog to get to this condition, some people are fucking heartless.

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannot see the vids , have they been (removed) ?

no but you need to click the YouTube link when/where the player goes to black.

Some people restrict where their video player can & can't play. Clicking the 2nd link here opens a 2nd window for the youtube video.

it's stoner tested & safe to enjoy.......

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

one of Scooby's new habits, crawling inside my arm support pillow. I sleep on my left side and my right arm rests on that pillow, sometimes she does it while I'm sleeping other times as seen below.

11b9ac07-09ce-42b4-9cab-054a30089066.jpg

she brings me a lot of joy, Alice loves her too. they each scored a small bite of my cheeseburger tonight, Scooby gets a tablet every night, I hide it in a juicy treat so it goes down in one gobble.

MJBadger

Veteran
It`s nice to know that Scooby has calmed down with the meds , I know you were getting worried for Alice at one time .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It`s nice to know that Scooby has calmed down with the meds , I know you were getting worried for Alice at one time .

I still worry for Alice, as much as Scooby is loved she still presents a danger to Alice; when I walk outside w/o them Scooby is always kenneled, they're never left alone together. Scooby is precious to me and Alice both, she's treated with tons of love but I don't know what happened during the first part of her life.

I keep a journal, last time she went after Alice was on May 28th. They were both resting quietly on my bed only 4 feet away from me when Scooby started barking snarling & snapping @ Ali w/o making any contact. idk what the conclusion of the fight would be if I wasn't around, I owe it to Alice to never find that out.

if something in Scooby is gonna snap a few times a year I'm glad it's with me being nearby to contain it, whenever it does happen Scooby goes through that subdued guilt behavior for several days. she knows when her own behavior is/was bad and is smart enough to contemplate it at length.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Scooby sounds like Me, I snap, snarle (Only at the ones I love), and then spend the next few days contemplating, then comes the Apologies.

I am glad Alice is not taking it to heart.

Peace; 1TT

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Thanks for all your work with Scooby S4L...it takes a special person to do that. I'm sure both your dogs are very well loved.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
S4L, Check out Black Soldier Flys./composting.(BSF)
These flies can compost anything, VEG., meat scraps, animal waste.
They also are NON-biting, and put off a hormone that repels Biting species of flys.
This hormone will keep a certain area clear of the pesty Biters, I haven't done My research on just what that area is.

I have 3 dogs (indoor) 2 Labs, 1 Brirttney Spanial.= a lot O SHIT. this BioPod(brand)
will solve TWO probs.

Youtube has some Vids on DIY units, Im sure Y
a could build one cheap.

BSF larva are used to feed Chickens, Herps,Fish, can be used as fish bait aswell,,,GOOD STUFF.
This is going to be part of My overall plan for My Aquaponics food production system, that I am in the prosscess of building.

I hope this is an option to keep the doggies unbitten(by flys any way.

Peace; 1TT

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so I give Scooby one Prozac every day, to make sure it goes down in a single gobble I hide it in a small juicy/meaty tidbit, of course give a treat to one dog means a treat for both. Until Scooby went on her Prozac she & Alice were getting near zero every day, I don't believe in feeding dogs table scraps.

now I've got dinner companions, I eat & they stalk me. Scooby keeps sharp eye contact on my plate & hands whether she's peeking out the holes of her kennel (open door) or hanging out on the couch nearby, she keeps an eye peeled.

Alice sneaks up close to me but to avoid eye contact she keeps her head hidden under the table from me, she knows it's treat time by my body language, I'm sure I have a distinct 'done with supper' tell.

It's cute, both of them are fairly passive in their begging routine; I never have a rude dog sitting positioned or poised & staring @ me while I eat, but they're each clever and/or a bit sneaky in their own way.

My friend Todd had a HUGE black lab, his name was Jake and once dinner was served he would camp out on our heels, stare & drool and no amount of shouting @ him could move Jake from his post. I'd stop Todd from eating to physically move the #160 beast into the next room, I refuse to eat while being stared at especially in my own home.

Todd was in my will to take care of my dogs but when I mentioned their food was $60 for 44# he was shocked but said he could comply, then one night he told me how well his dog 'Thai' eats by mentioning mac & cheese, baked potato, and meat scraps. I made arrangements with my veterinarian the next day then went to my lawyers office to order it changed, took Todd off and put my dog's doc instead, he & I get along real well (talking about a Twins game together) and will do the right thing by the dogs.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
I have a Chocolate Lab that constantly trys to stare at Me when I eat, and like You I DONT condone, or accept this.
My young Black Lab stays under the table, and My 14Yr old Britt. stays in the LR behind Me. The 10Yr. old Lab, just canbt/wont just sit behind Me and STARE at Momma,She don't mind,,,,,, But NO Pete's Gottta STARE down Mean OLE Dad. When I think about it I put His Silly Ass out in the 10' x 20' kennel.

It is NOT appetizing to watch the Shoe Strings of DROOL form as I eat.

What Ya gonna do????

Peace; 1TT

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the sleeping/snuggling arrangements.......

the sleeping/snuggling arrangements.......

Scooby gets to claim position #1 by my head & Alice brings up the rear snuggling up on Scooby's butt, the pillow lying on top is what I rest my right arm on as I always sleep on my left side.

Scooby's so cute, when she's up on the bed w/me & Alice is still on the floor I'll whisper to her "should we get Alice to come snuggle up???" and her tail starts beating the bed just hard until Alice jumps up when called.

085c9659-a4e1-44a9-8f8b-0529dfb035c4.jpg

most nights though Scooby sleeps in her kennel (door open) and Alice rests in just about the same place she is in the pic above. If Scooby's told to kennel up for the night that's where she stays, so well behaved once she understands what I want/need from her.

yeah, she still has her berserk terrier moments, I guess it's the kid in her.......

90days

You will never find some one as greatfull as a rescued animal. Its like they know that you saved their life. Id say that you are an amazing person, but im sure thwt your dogs remind you of that every day ;-)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

hadda make sure my girls pooped @ my place before taking them to the beach for a quick romp. Scooby's never been to the beach while it's occupied, we usually go there off season to assure the pups don't intrude on the tourists.

it was 95% empty but Scooby made sure to visit w/everyone that looked her way, as usual Alice barked @ anyone that came close to her/us, Alice is anti-social for the most part although she loves to get visitors @ the house on her own turf.