What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk's First Outdoor Run: ACE's Honduras, Ethiopian and Lebanese

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
repuk said:
This plant certainly looks different to my not expert eye... fan leaves on sprouts are 120º relative to the branch, will take a cenital pic.

At least in this phase, never saw this grow pattern, both the disposition and leave shapes.

Ultra-crappy photo. sorry, this is taken "from above", over a branch whose top is perfectly aligned, slightly out of the vertical. But you get the idea: these 3 axis at 120 degrees keep the vertical axis symmetry almost perfectly.

picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi buddy nice Honduras and Ethiopian wish I had the space to try them really interested to see these develop.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
At least in this phase, never saw this grow pattern, both the disposition and leave shapes.

Ultra-crappy photo. sorry, this is taken "from above", over a branch whose top is perfectly aligned, slightly out of the vertical. But you get the idea: these 3 axis at 120 degrees keep the vertical axis symmetry almost perfectly.

View Image
Cool growth pattern.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi Tangwena! there's also a Panama Haze and a Purple Haze x Malawi, just seedlings right now.

I expect to get "some" prime matter for cobbing! :biggrin:

I wonder, is your avatar a Malawi?

:thank you: Tycho!

:thank you: willydread! I feel I'm witnessing how original cannabis was. An eye-opener experience.

I don't get tired of watching an analyzing them!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Heights

Heights

I forgot to mention heights...

Lebanese: 185cm/6'
Honduras #1: 210cm/6,9'
Honduras #2: 200cm/6,56'
Ethiopian Stout: 200cm/6,56'
Ethiopian Tall: 220cm/7,21'

Thinking (kind of late :) but for the leb, are they going to keep stretching until... 3? 4 meters? Full garden-sized Xmas trees? :xmastree:

I wanted to see them wild first to learn from them.

Guess indoors with constant day lenght things happen at a different pace, but not so clear for me outdoors, these are expected to stretch until mid Aug, then start flowering, but guess the more landrace they are, the longer into flowering they keep stretching?

For next time, is it advisable to train them for more homogeneity, or to shape them lower so they're placeable at more spots without affecting them?

Indoors there's no option to manage size, specially with "monster" hybrids like Malawi or Guawi, etc, but, outdoors with pure sativas?

Revegged Zamaldelica

I suddenly noticed her looking uneasy this afternoon, she was starting to show vigor... I sprayed her yesterday late afternoon. I'd swear I didn't notice anything odd this morning.

I used the remaining of the 4L tank I used yesterday's morning to spray the Panama an Malawi in the tent.

As so it may have been more concentrated, considered that but as pests here leave no option, went ahead and sprayed her anyway without diluting it.

Her leaves (really young) fingers are slightly curled up upwards, with a yellowish residue on some, neem maybe?

Dunno if spraying her plain water or not, I think she'll recover... mites were going to end up killing her anyway, or to hurt her so much in this delicate stage of reveg that neither taking a clone or flowering her would have been worth.

Insecticide this time was Hidrogen Peroxide, Neem Oil, Sugar and water, been spraying potassic soap at 2% or neem oil for some weeks with no definitive improvement.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Tangwena! there's also a Panama Haze and a Purple Haze x Malawi, just seedlings right now.

I expect to get "some" prime matter for cobbing! :biggrin:

I wonder, is your avatar a Malawi?

:thank you: Tycho!

:thank you: willydread! I feel I'm witnessing how original cannabis was. An eye-opener experience.

I don't get tired of watching an analyzing them!
Yes my friend my first shot at Ace genetics. A Malawi fem lst'd it was just under a pound dried ready to cob.
Vegged for 10 days then 11/13. I was hooked on their gear after that.
Those 2 haze crosses you are popping are going to give you a wonderful selection to choose from along with your current grow.
More power to you my friend.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks farmerlion! I'm thriving seen yours, because I feel they go like 4 weeks ahead... so it's kind of a preview when phenos match... :biggrin: :tiphat:

:yoinks: Tangwena... wow I'm eager to test them! and they're tiny little seedlings right now :biggrin:

I'm constantly blasted away by the quality of ACE terpenes, is out of this world. Dubi has a privileged nose and taste! We are all lucky! :tiphat:

I'm a haze lover so cannot wait!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk :)

Thanks for your kind words and detailed posts.

Glad to hear you have germinated one Purple Haze Malawi fem and a Panama Haze fem, a bit late but i'm sure they still will catch up the season.

The pure Honduras and pure Ethiopians are really healthy and well developed, not sure if you have height restrictions, if that's the case keep them in current pots and transplant them only when their flowering stretching is over so they won't grow too tall and they can use all the new nutrients in the new pot for the flowering, in that way they will reward you with a very healthy flowering and abundant harvest.

Glad to see the lebaneses already deep into flowering ... all the sativas you are growing are indeed very sexy :D That lebanese weird leaf trait ... i haven't seen it in the lebanese P2 and P3 generations we grew .... looks a bit like ducksfoot, isn't ?

Best wishes for you, your family and your gardens! :huggg:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Dubi said:
Glad to hear you have germinated one Purple Haze Malawi fem and a Panama Haze fem, a bit late but i'm sure they still will catch up the season.

They're really slowly catching up... first pair of true leaves developing right now.

They stretched madly before even opening first set of leaves, had to repot and dig the stem... but they stretched again... holding my breath until I see them well stablished!

dubi said:
The pure Honduras and pure Ethiopians are really healthy and well developed, not sure if you have height restrictions, if that's the case keep them in current pots and transplant them only when their flowering stretching is over so they won't grow too tall and they can use all the new nutrients in the new pot for the flowering, in that way they will reward you with a very healthy flowering and abundant harvest.

No, no height restrictions... reeds are about 6-8 meters tall, though obviously having to move a 4m+ tall "plant" if need arises can be cumbersome.

That being said, it become difficult to dig a finger in the dirt to test pot humidity... they have fully populated the 80+L pots, but for the "stout" Ethiopian.

Honduras and Ethiopian are supposed to start flowering by mid September, will be up-potting to 180L+ by end of August fine then?

I think I was wrong, no preflowers yet on Honduras nor Ethiopian, so don't have a clue how many females do I have but for the two fem seedlings.

Tallest, Honduras #2, is 2,5m (8'+) tall now, Ethiopian tall following close.

Dubi said:
Glad to see the lebaneses already deep into flowering ... all the sativas you are growing are indeed very sexy

I'm loving them! I have my little Enchanted Forest :biggrin: cats (and me) love the place...

Dubi said:
That lebanese weird leaf trait ... i haven't seen it in the lebanese P2 and P3 generations we grew .... looks a bit like ducksfoot, isn't ?

That's it, DucksFoot! (three fingered leaves)

:thank you:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
update

update

Lebanese is "packing up" these latest 3-4 days:

picture.php

No pre-flowers on the rest yet.

Tallest are 3m+ now

picture.php

Honduras (left) and Ethiopian (Right) are easily discernible by the growing structure; on Honduras the typical "chandelier like" side branching exits main stem at 90 degrees, then curves up; whereas on Ethiopian side branching is 45 degrees vs the vertical stem.

Ethiopian, specially the tallest (behind the stout, which is the front right one), is the one giving off most "green" smell when you are close or brush against it, Honduras and Lebanese barely smell unless you sniff them directly.

Ethiopians also have a bluer hue vs honduras.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Water from the well is unusable right now, sadly people tend to consider these as free resources, and emptied their swimming pools / refilled instead of treating the water, draining the well. PH is all over the place, stopped caring when EC reached 2.

Water from the tap became noticeably worse, guess due to previous year drought followed by heavy rains and the high consumption in summer.

Requires a lot of ph- to reach proper levels, which also aren't kept over time.

So following Dubi advice ordered a R/O system. Got it from online seller an outlet section, 125€. Will build a system to automatically have a 200L/53Gal drum automatically and constantly refilled.

This way it will be easy-peasy to have a source of "already-made" optimal water PH for soil, also using it for the indoors after lowering PH a tad more.

Considering also using a beneficial bacterial flora filter on it. (a small and cheap one for aquariums)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Lebanese is "packing up" these latest 3-4 days:

View Image

No pre-flowers on the rest yet.

Tallest are 3m+ now

View Image

Honduras (left) and Ethiopian (Right) are easily discernible by the growing structure; on Honduras the typical "chandelier like" side branching exits main stem at 90 degrees, then curves up; whereas on Ethiopian side branching is 45 degrees vs the vertical stem.

Ethiopian, specially the tallest (behind the stout, which is the front right one), is the one giving off most "green" smell when you are close or brush against it, Honduras and Lebanese barely smell unless you sniff them directly.

Ethiopians also have a bluer hue vs honduras.

God damn.... nice job.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks Tycho!

I did nothing apart from refraining myself from drowning them, and using good soil mix :tiphat:

It's all genetics and Southern Spain summer climate, they're on their own and not on the most irradiated areas (not the stealthiest), though they got 8 direct sun hours daily at least.

Remember not sure if girls or boys... so any bets? :biggrin:

Will the appearance of preflowers be in time for the required up-potting?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm not the best person to ask about repotting. I tend to mess them up. Lol

Nice to know you don't over water. I know it's hard. :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Honduras started to yellow some fan leaves can be already spotted on previous picture, repotting time is here... but as I don't want to up-pot until sexing them, watered today with leonardite tea, added also 150gr or so of leonardite to the pots. Taller one is 3m+

Leonardite can be seen as fossilized humus. Is easily available for the plants, promotes media humification, and has the plus of being impossible to overdose.

Ethiopian are thirstier plants, but seem to be a lower feeder vs Honduras.

Lebanese is fattening up as each day passes :biggrin:

Zamaldelica looks much healthier now, has like 8-9 tops and is vegging up fine.

Had some flower plants (cestrum nocturnum) rooting after cloning them, watered them yesterday with RO water, and the results were already visible today, stellar!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Just re-read Dubi advice, on water PH is 6,5-6,8, so will ph- next time... I'm sure I'll just need less than 1/4ml to PH down the whole tank...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Update

Update

Lebanese, a beauty to see even with all the grasshopper damage, tons of white hairs:

picture.php

Zamaldelica, that seems to be vegging along nicely:

picture.php

Yes, the dog for some reason liked to chew on her pot, so had to move her... more grasshoppers there sadly.

Honduras, the thinnest leaved of the group, this is a top seen from above:

sprouts are the thinnest hairs I've ever seen on cannabis, and the reason I confused them by preflowers :biggrin: they're thinner! than preflower hairs.

Seeing also the smallest true leaves I've ever seen: the two top center leaves fit inside an 1 1/2 inch...
picture.php