What's new

Republicans and marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColBatGuano

If you'd like to see the closest thing to life on another planet, watch this recent documentary from VBS. One of their documentarians got into North Korea on a tourist visa from a Chinese consulate and managed to shoot this footage. It's absolutely fascinating. There are fourteen 3-5 minute segments. Part thirteen is where you will see why any outsiders are allowed into North Korea at all. It's incredibly weird and freakish.

This link will take you to part one--just change the numbers in the address to access the additional parts of the piece: http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/vice-guide-to-north-korea-1-of-14

iSmokeTrees

I always hate it when people complain about the Patriot Act. I'm sorry but your small-time grow might be the bust of the month to the local pd, but to the national government you aren't even small potatoes.

Unless the US government has reason to suspect you of being connected to terrorism, you will not have your civil liberties infringed upon. It is to protect lives, not enslave the nation.

ColBatGuano

I always hate it when people complain about the Patriot Act. I'm sorry but your small-time grow might be the bust of the month to the local pd, but to the national government you aren't even small potatoes.

Unless the US government has reason to suspect you of being connected to terrorism, you will not have your civil liberties infringed upon. It is to protect lives, not enslave the nation.

I agree. The PATRIOT act seems invasive, but they won't even look for you unless you do something to raise suspicion regarding terrorism. Certain parts of the act have been mis-used by local police and prosecutors, but those instances are rare, and usually result in lengthy and expensive court battles. Many are giving up on it.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is to protect lives, not enslave the nation.

You are right about the intent, but as they say, "The highway to hell is paved with good intentions."

The government swooping in to protect the people is how it always starts though. Time can only be the judge.

One of my favorite quotes from Ben Franklin. You see it around a lot these days.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
I agree. The PATRIOT act seems invasive, but they won't even look for you unless you do something to raise suspicion regarding terrorism. Certain parts of the act have been mis-used by local police and prosecutors, but those instances are rare, and usually result in lengthy and expensive court battles. Many are giving up on it.

To be clear, the Patriot act does not bother me as a Commercial grower.

It bothers me because I believe there will come a time soon when the Federal Government really over-steps it's boundaries and when it's time for the citizens to do what they need to to bring power back to the states, (as was meant to happen in these inevitable scenarios) the Federal Government will need only to label dissidents as "terrorists". Terrorist is a broad term and it's been chosen for that reason.

These things might not be happening right this moment, but it's not too far off, IMO.

(But hey, I believe the World Trade Center buildings 1,2, and 7 were brought down in a controlled demolition. So my opinion borders on invalid these days..)

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Anybody know why we haven't built the "freedom" tower? I wish we'd build the original WTC towers, better but aesthetically same . What better way to collectively say "up yours" to terrorism?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody know why we haven't built the "freedom" tower? I wish we'd build the original WTC towers, better but aesthetically same . What better way to collectively say "up yours" to terrorism?

It's taking so much time because of money issues. Between the Port Authority, MTA, private investors, etc. Getting it all together has been a real mess. Last I heard several months ago the project is going forward, but it's always teetering on the verge of not happening at all or taking forever to actually do something.

I saw this on some broadcast ages ago. The situation may have changed up there. Maybe a local New Yorker can pipe in.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Kim needs new speakers. Voice Of The Theater, (the chit the hockey announcer speaks through) was great in the 1960s.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
It's taking so much time because of money issues. Between the Port Authority, MTA, private investors, etc. Getting it all together has been a real mess. Last I heard several months ago the project is going forward, but it's always teetering on the verge of not happening at all or taking forever to actually do something.

I saw this on some broadcast ages ago. The situation may have changed up there. Maybe a local New Yorker can pipe in.

Last time I heard anything about it, the players weren't in agreement which project would be selected. Although work has proceeded on the foundation, apparently plans could change if the players decided? I haven't even heard whether the Freedom Tower was confirmed.

xfargox

What better way to collectively say "up yours" to terrorism?

Nuke2.JPG

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's how you deal, early and often. Right on, x!
Symbolism will do nothing to help with our fight against militant islam, other than perhaps help to heal our own psyche. They already know we could have rebuilt those towers right away if we would have chosen. Those slimy fucks don't worry too much about the symbolism we may have to offer.

What the asshole did today in Tx, that was terrorism.
What we experienced on 9/11 was an attack from militant islam, who had declared war on the US, Israel, Britain, and the infidel west. The wing, battalion, company, whatever you want to call it, that carried out that particular attack on us was Al Qaeda.
Militant Islam are the ones who are at war with us, and that group claims no borders, and has no union cards to show.
...I'm just sayin

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Oh look at that. A homegrown terrorist. What was I just talking about?

Get ready everyone. This next year is going to be different.

Last edited:

xfargox

That's how you deal, early and often. Right on, x!
Symbolism will do nothing to help with our fight against militant islam, other than perhaps help to heal our own psyche. They already know we could have rebuilt those towers right away if we would have chosen. Those slimy fucks don't worry too much about the symbolism we may have to offer.

What the asshole did today in Tx, that was terrorism.
What we experienced on 9/11 was an attack from militant islam, who had declared war on the US, Israel, Britain, and the infidel west. The wing, battalion, company, whatever you want to call it, that carried out that particular attack on us was Al Qaeda.
Militant Islam are the ones who are at war with us, and that group claims no borders, and has no union cards to show.
...I'm just sayin

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm actually a pacifist (more or less), and that was just a joke :p

That's not to say I'm against using violence as a self-defense kind of thing. I'm just not for being the one picking the fight on any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts