What's new

Reporter Quits On Live TV, Admits To Owning Cannabis Club

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcSqIuqkz4&feature=youtu.be

Reporter Quits On Live TV, Admits To Owning Cannabis Club
YouTube Charlo Greene, a reporter for CBS affiliate KTVA-TV in Anchorage, Alaska, quit her job live on air Sunday night after announcing that she owned a medical marijuana business.

"F*** it, I quit," she said before walking off set.
According to the Alaska Dispatch News, Greene did a report on the Alaska Cannabis Club on the 10 p.m. news. At the end of the report, she revealed herself as the owner of the club and said she was quitting her job at the station to devote her time to legalizing marijuana in Alaska.
The broadcast cut back to the anchor, who was too stunned to speak.
Here's the video, which contains NSFW language (via @bomani_jones):

KTVA 11 apologized for the outburst on its Facebook page:
Dear Viewers,

We sincerely apologize for the inappropriate language used by a KTVA reporter during her live presentation on the air tonight. The employee has been terminated.

Bert Rudman

News Director - KTVA 11 News

After quitting, Greene posted an Indiegogo page to raise $5,000 to go toward campaigning for marijuana legislation. From the page:
"I'm Charlo Greene, the president and CEO of the Alaska Cannabis Club - Alaska's only legal medical marijuana resource. I just quit my news reporting job on live TV to announce that I am redirecting all of my energy toward helping to end a failed drug policy that has ruined the lives of far too many Americans.
"Ballot Measure 2, the initiative to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol in Alaska, isn't just about marijuana in the Last Frontier, it's about keeping the ball rolling on NATIONAL legalization. Imagine, if after Colorado and Washington have legalized recreational marijuana and are offering the rest of the world a positive outlook on what ending marijuana prohibition can do, Alaskan voters fail to continue moving our nation in the direction toward freedom and fairness. There's no doubt that will impact every other state, national and international marijuana reform effort. Americans with common sense don't want that.
"Help us to keep that from becoming a reality."

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it quite humorous that the station said she was terminated AFTER she announced "F¿€k it... I quit..."

I think Charlo Greenes heart is in the right place.
LEGALIZE ALASKA!

You gotta do what yah gotta do. That deep spirit in all of us that drives us to do... Something. Whatever that is make it yours!

Glad she did it her way. No children or animals were harmed, get over it (to the haters on the Facebook comments)

Reform is gonna be a RREALY interesting topic this next bullshit spouting political election season.

Last edited:

bentom187

Veteran
LOL That was awesome. Reminds me of this somewhat.

Half Baked: Scarface quits his job
[YOUTUBEIF]qIqeXSYc8nE[/YOUTUBEIF]

Just found this.

Why I quit:
[YOUTUBEIF]g3VwtDfGajQ#t[/YOUTUBEIF]

dddaver

Veteran
I guess I'm missing the point. What was she trying to accomplish? To show that weed smokers are quitters? Or is it to be like Sarah Palin and show all Alaskans are quitters? Seems kind of melodramatic to me. I think her point could have been better made by keeping that media voice while voicing her own legalization stance and being able to get those positive points out there.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I guess I'm missing the point. What was she trying to accomplish? To show that weed smokers are quitters? Or is it to be like Sarah Palin and show all Alaskans are quitters? Seems kind of melodramatic to me. I think her point could have been better made by keeping that media voice while voicing her own legalization stance and being able to get those positive points out there.

No she used the best way possible to make her point. No frikken way would ktva allow her to express her pro legalization views in the media. They would have fired her ass if she tried and they would have fired her ass as soon as they found out she was the owner of that cannabis club. I live here, she is my new hero. I'm in the club and was told to watch the news last night. Hearing "Fuck it I quit" was soooo sweet! The people pissed today in this state are all the right people you want to see pissed off.:tiphat:

Yeah I can imagine that the TV network was not optimistic on having her spout her opinions.

She had to get it out before they cut her off. I'm sure the first few seconds of disbelief allowed her to keep going...

Rock on Alaska

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Her method was unprofessional. Personally,I think she should have terminated her employment in a more responsible manner and then made public her reason for doing so. There are plenty of avenues she could have used to make everyone aware of her involvement with the club .

dddaver

Veteran
I'm sorry, but with all due respect, there is no way you could possibly know the reactions to something that never happened. But on the plus, this has garnered national attention. Yahoo news and USATODAY was carrying it. Yet in the long run, I'm just not so sure all the attention will result in positive spin on legalization other than show one persons emotional reaction.

I understand your own and many others here positive reactions and support, but you are preaching to the choir here. I just have my doubts as to the real effect all this positive adulation and huge support she will garner as a result toward the legalization movement or mj acceptance in general.

I think we can agree to disagree on the real effectiveness her actions might have which really just remain to be seen. I'm not disagreeing with you here, I just want to see what pans out myself before calling her a hero. :tiphat:

MIway

Veteran
everyone now knows her & her pot shop... and it only cost her nothing. if it was planned, excellent execution. chaching

Jhhnn

Veteran
I find it quite humorous that the station said she was terminated AFTER she announced "F¿€k it... I quit..."

I think Charlo Greenes heart is in the right place.
LEGALIZE ALASKA!

Gave me a chuckle, too.

I suspect she's been unhappy with her job for some while. Unprofessional? Sometimes people just get fed up & have the guts to make it public as they move out of that profession entirely.

The movement needs passionate advocates in the years ahead. It's not for everybody, but I'm glad we have them.

Live well, Charlo Greene, and the best of luck to you.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I think she is a genius..that amount of publicity and in such a short time...free advertising...we all know owning a clinic pays way more than a reporter salary .....smart move..if I lived within 100 miles I would go shake her hand and buy some myself lol...she lost nothing she saved a lot of advertising fees....

Gry

Veteran
I think the manager should can the second girl for not having the where with all to simply say thank you and move on to the next story.