What's new

renting commercial space

gopot

the area i live in has numerous warehouses for rent(prob the recent economic downturn) anyway,I've never rented anything like this but this seems like a great time for a big commercial for me, moneys not a problem right now and i can pretty easlily get the equitment at fair prices.
my question are these:
what do i need to know,
how anonymous can i expect to be and
any tips greatly appricciated
these just seems to a great time in my life and need advice

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
sounds like you need a good cover-bisiness, somthing to get the permits for and 'look' lagit, then the next step is to have say one of thoes roll-up doors open-up and have what looks like 'work area' maybe a welding bisiness, and have a weler sitting by, some metal etc. good cover for mad power useage, but inside said 'normal looking space' im guessing your going to want a 'normal looking office' [where u do the dam thing] also makes all thoes ducts and a/c vents runing up look normal too.
the biggest expense will be the equip and getting the poly-phase elec wired down to somthing our equip can use. dont thoes sites usualy have a 600V+ feed? it would be nice to have 2500 amps on tap.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
I've always wondered about the potential of those types of places. It's crossed my mind numerous times....
I'd like to hear about people's good experiences with exactly this. Thread is tagged.

casualtoker

I used to manage a warehouse, so I can give you a bit of advice. The pro's are that you can essentially use as much power as you can pay for and operate 24/7. Many warehouses run 3 shifts, so nobody would think twice about people coming and going at odd hours with large moving trucks. I do have a few concerns though.. First off we had a fire Marshall come and inspect our space every quarter or so, along with regular testing of our sprinkler system done by a contractor. The landlord may also want to drop by occasionally, but that all depends. You also get random salespeople knocking on doors. Personally, if I were to do this, I'd build out a vault inside the warehous and run the grow from there. That way if someone comes by and wants to walk through the warehouse you can give some bullshit like "yeah, that's our secured cleanroom, employees only" or some shit.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personal grows are one thing folks, but discussing large commercial growing can and will draw the wrong attention to the site. Maybe we can tone it down a bit......

Greenleaf, you're telling way to much. What if one of the people you told that story to happens to read this thread? They'd automatically know it was you......

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JJScorpio said:
Greenleaf, you're telling way to much. What if one of the people you told that story to happens to read this thread? They'd automatically know it was you......

i have a feeling alot of people know about this dudes op anyways...

GreenLeaf-420 said:
"Know for those individuals that know I'm as crooked as they come."

"Here is the kicker thought my landlord is a good friend of the family and my name is not on one bill Electric Lease ect and he knows the deal...."

????

GreenLeaf-420 said:
give me a shout Ill help with the S/U or just a trim Party.... LOL

after what you just said, i'd be weary of any shot outs you get...

you seem to be all about the shot outs there home boi

Last edited:

casualtoker

A commercial grow of such size would be enough to put you away for a long time, no matter where you live. Never tell anyone, not even your dog. That said, if you're going big.. then do it right, 25kW min.

Last edited:
LiLWaynE said:
i have a feeling alot of people know about this dudes op anyways...

????after what you just said, i'd be weary of any shot outs you get...

you seem to be all about the shot outs there home boi

Hey Chief first off I'm not your home boy!!!! Ya Feel me A lot of Peeps know of my Grow?

What is a shot out???? A shoot out

OR
Do you mean Shout Out?

If that is the case I said LOL it was a joke I'm not setting up shit w/o getting paid? I'm not here for Reps or for "shot out's" I'm here for the lights out period!!!!!

If you are questioning my integrity read it I have my word and my balls and I ain't breaking them for NO one!!!!

I said warehouse.... Do you know how many lights? Come on I see grows up on here 200+ 400+ your hitting me w/ shit for 70 + some mom's Come on!!

I'm not no thief PUNK!!!! That's my WORD

Go play your games W/ some Newb Grower Kid cause your playing with a Vet Ya Hear :fsu:

I agree W/ the MOD JJ Wolf keep the Heat off.... Understood

GL 1

LiLWaynE said:
next time put more time and effort into studying preventive measures....for your shit being noticed that is

i dont feel sorry for you...

at age 49, you have now enrolled in the school of hard knocks...

i welcome you..
LiLWaynE said:
49 years and you let mother fuckers get away with walking on your land?

49 years and you dont value security until your security has been comprimised?

i guess some people are slow learners.....

You don't feel sorry for someone that get's Ganked?

Sums up the individual you are!!!!

Last edited:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
If you are questioning my integrity read it I have my word and my balls and I ain't breaking them for NO one!!!!

alright scarface......

but this is how it really goes..

"All I Have in This World Is My Balls and My Word, and I Don't Break Them for No One."

FirstTracks said:
alright scarface......

but this is how it really goes..

"All I Have in This World Is My Balls and My Word, and I Don't Break Them for No One."

Yes you are correct great Quote read it under my Avatar!!!! Great Movie 2 :joint: :joint: :joint:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
GreenLeaf-420 said:
Hey Chief first off I'm not your home boy!!!! Ya Feel me A lot of Peeps know of my Grow? {sounds like your ripe for burning 4 man team}

What is a shot out???? A shoot out = {could be}

OR
Do you mean Shout Out? {unsure but wayne prolly shout out}

If that is the case I said LOL it was a joke I'm not setting up shit w/o getting paid? I'm not here for Reps or for "shot out's" I'm here for the lights out period!!!!! {geee nice advertising what the cost ???? some1 buys the equip and you show how and take half of 1st 3 runs ??? }

If you are questioning my integrity read it I have my word and my balls and I ain't breaking them for NO one!!!! }again Geee {

I said warehouse.... Do you know how many lights? Come on I see grows up on here 200+ 400+ your hitting me w/ shit for 70 + some mom's Come on!! {only few come to mind and 1 i doubt was as many as duder bragged about}

I'm not no thief PUNK!!!! That's my WORD {again GEEEE Originally Posted by GreenLeaf-420
"Know for those individuals that know I'm as crooked as they come."}

Go play your games W/ some Newb Grower Kid cause your playing with a Vet Ya Hear :fsu: {yea i'm a army vet BFD} {oops grower also why dont you and a few other big headed asshats go make your own website ummm then yall can stroke your ores. maybe call it asshatgrowers.com}

GL 1

thats about it :violin:

Maj.PotHead said:
thats about it {yea i'm a army vet BFD} {oops grower also why dont you and a few other big headed asshats go make your own website ummm then yall can stroke your ores. maybe call it asshatgrowers.com}WHAT IS THIS SHIT
{geee nice advertising what the cost ???? some1 buys the equip and you show how and take half of 1st 3 runs ??? } :violin:

WOW really inviting!!!!! I like the hospitality around here just answered a post and getting jumped @ WTF?

NO I'm not here for anything of the sort my man...

Why that is how ppl get down on these boards? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: "Start a Web site" :fsu:

Check this out go get a rag and wipe your face!!!!!

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GreenLeaf-420 said:
Hey Chief first off I'm not your home boy!!!! Ya Feel me A lot of Peeps know of my Grow?

What is a shot out???? A shoot out

OR
Do you mean Shout Out?

If that is the case I said LOL it was a joke I'm not setting up shit w/o getting paid? I'm not here for Reps or for "shot out's" I'm here for the lights out period!!!!!

I said warehouse.... Do you know how many lights? Come on I see grows up on here 200+ 400+ your hitting me w/ shit for 70 + some mom's Come on!!

I'm not no thief PUNK!!!! That's my WORD

Go play your games W/ some Newb Grower Kid cause your playing with a Vet Ya Hear :fsu:

GL 1

You don't feel sorry for someone that get's Ganked?

Sums up the individual you are!!!!

you want to know what type of individual i am? I speak my own mind. i dont need to watch scarface, remember a line, then recite it on here to sound REAL, or TOUGH or whatever you are trying to do..

you are talking all this tough shit about being commercial, and you ...
Green Leaf-420 said:
"only have 4000 watts 3 A/C's 2 Flower 1 veg Can Fans and some pumps and shit.. In the Winter i will jack up w/ more lights and less A/C...."

VET

HA HA

it wont be too long before your reciting:

"who do I trust? Me!"

LiLWaynE said:
you want to know what type of individual i am? I speak my own mind. i dont need to watch scarface, remember a line, then recite it on here to sound REAL, or TOUGH or whatever you are trying to do..

you are talking all this tough shit about being commercial, and you ...

VET

HA HA

it wont be too long before your reciting:

"who do I trust? Me!"

I do not have to prove myself to you for any reasons!!!!!

If you judge a man by Size your name Sums it all up...

Here go Ahead and Quote me again and E-mail me @ Suckmyballs.com

You LIL Stronzo Cazzone

Thank you for all your kind words I feel very welcomed!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Last edited:

Goat

Anymore you probably need several forms of ID and a credit check to make sure you'll pay rent. but idk that for sure. I guess it depends on your location.

casualtoker:...Personally, if I were to do this, I'd build out a vault inside the warehous and run the grow from there. That way if someone comes by and wants to walk through the warehouse you can give some bullshit like "yeah, that's our secured cleanroom, employees only" or some shit...

Exactamundo Casualtoker! Build a large tent/room on the inside. This will give you more over-all climate control too. Or atleast set up an "office" so you can more effectively herd someone away from anything. Make it small and uncomfortable so people wont want to chat..."No, OSHA regulation doesn't allow regular folk in the work area...insurance and the-like." <--But i doubt this would work with an inspector.

Either way some "legitimizers" like a welder and some scrap steel/oil barrels (man things) would help.

-Goat!

Yes the vault inside is a good idea with a sealed room.... The only issue with the vault is that the room inside the room tech makes the outer-part of the room hot and you will need A/C's in the walls... Which appears to be a little suspicious. Trying the portable units SUCK they do not pump nearly as much as the box says... The best A/C to have would be a Water Cooled Unit... Outside the main room will be about 140+" hot hot hot with In-wall A/C's or Portables... As far as Fire Inspections they can and will happen you just either A) Don't have the keys to the rooms but there are flux capacitors in their or some shit like (Comp-Servers) Or B) Don't answer and go during off Hrs.. A fire Inspection should not happen after 5 or before 10am..

Good Luck GL1

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I have been having ideas about building gardens into lorry trailer units, you could drive them into the grow, out when you need to go, no secret "No Entry.... darkroom" to build or excuse ... the wheeled property does not belong to the landlord or presumably come under fire dept regs/inspection, jeez, some already come with insulated sides and chiller equipment on board.

Pottery/Ceramics are a good cover businesses too, like welding, kilns can use a lot of electricity. Both can be done with gas if you want to keep all those KW's for the ladies.....

Ajunta Pall

Gopot, you ain't ready for this. Sure you may have the money to afford what you propose, but if you can't take advantage of it legitimately, then most perspective landlords won't touch you. To find the ones who will in a timely matter, you may have to use a commercial real estate agent.

Before you can get access to the place you may have to shell out a few thousand depending on the govt. entities involved. Some are more controlling than others and will send their inspectors out more than once a year. These people will most likely look in every nook and crannie of your warehouse. They will want to see every room to make sure that it is served by sprinklers, have functional fire detectors, have all exits clearly marked, and make sure that all egresses are unobstructed. If you don't allow them in certain rooms they will fail you and shut you down more than likely. On top of being suspicious.

As of now, I don't think you are ready to pull something of this magnitude off. The risks you will be taking will be very high (pun intented) and the consequences could put an end to your good times for a long long time. You need to do a lot more research and planning before attempting this.

green_tea

all you fucking need is a wharehouse that has been re-built, but the plans for the new additions or whatnot were never filed with the county/state this way that area you carve out of your wharehouse for the grow is never on the design plans to begin with.

they would never question Wall z because to them, its the edge of the building.

or fuck, dig a fucking hole...
(just make sure to look at plans so you know if there are water pipes, etc before you dig.)

Latest posts

Latest posts